New RPer to the server

Any suggestions as to where to start... Dominant RP addon, RP hubs, channels? I'm sure right this moment is a bad time to look for RP with the prepatch but I figure it's better than launch time.

I'm also looking for a guild that practices RP regularly.. to at least get to know the community a bit. I'll probably keep this toon in a PvP guild and level an alt in another.

Thanks for any tips.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
For Alliance RP I'd look up the Guardians of the Light, Order of the Dragon and Knights of Dusk.

The good thing about RP is that even if you're in one guild, you can always RP with the others so you can't really lose. I hope you find what you're looking for ^_^
Reply Quote
Yeah the Order of the Dragon is always looking for active RP -PVPers if you want to know more about the guild RP wise feel free to wisper me or any of our officers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Yes... you COULD hang out with the order of the dragon or the knight of dusk, two of the most decent RPpvp guild out there... But then You'd have to hang around Yarrick... and he stinks of ale! You don't want that smell on your fur do you? I can't even brush it off from Babe's fur!
I'll tell you what, Switch to the winning side then the Rode here will make sure you get a proper place here in the Blacktooth Grin! Make sure you enjoy gnome punting, break enemies' skulls, turn the river red with blood and long walks on the beach!

Oh and Add-on wise, may i suggset MRP or TRP2? they both got updated for the recent patch. These two addons should help you find RPer and also add a whole lot of RP customization! And may i also suggest Griffon Heart inventory (GHI) as well? Allows you to custom create RP items. Neat stuff!
Reply Quote
I do not have the TRP2 update. I'm assuming it must not be available on curse yet?
Reply Quote
Thanks for the tips. And sorry Mr. Belf, but I have another server just for my Hordies!
As far as addons, I was shocked to learn earlier today that not only is MRP a great addon, but also compatible (after a compromise or two) with TRP2! So now I have both of those instead of just TRP2. And, yeah, I haven't had seen a TRP2 update yet but I found it works fine after ticking "load out of date addons".
I'll get a toon into one of the listed RP guilds and get to know some people. Fortunately I don't think I'd mind that old ale smell sinking in!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You'll find some Knights of Dusk in Darkshire from time to time. The Guardians can be found in Stormwind but usually RP in Lakeshire(Elyssah will RP with you anywhere). Not sure about the Order of the Dragon but I've heard good things.

And don't go thinking about doing any RP in Silvermoon. I'm sick of cleaning up after everyone!

*Rubs her temples with a sigh*
Reply Quote
The infamous Silvermoon *Rp. One unfortunate walk-in was enough for me, thank you. Saw some in Stormwind on ED, too... that was one server I did not go back to.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
08/29/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Aquilus
I do not have the TRP2 update. I'm assuming it must not be available on curse yet?

Oh? I can see the TRP2 on my friends' tab... I've only assumed it got updated... but guess they are still tweaking it.
Reply Quote
the Order of the Dragon is based out of Kirthaven feel free to drop by and RP when ever
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/30/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Vindus
The infamous Silvermoon *Rp. One unfortunate walk-in was enough for me, thank you. Saw some in Stormwind on ED, too... that was one server I did not go back to.

I was delighted that ED had an actual populated Silvermoon. Than I found out why and left. I spend most days in Silvermoon hoping someone comes by to RP, and then another and then another. Than maybe one day, Silvermoon City will be full like it used to be. A girl can dream.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
08/30/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Siaradora

I was delighted that ED had an actual populated Silvermoon. Than I found out why and left. I spend most days in Silvermoon hoping someone comes by to RP, and then another and then another. Than maybe one day, Silvermoon City will be full like it used to be. A girl can dream.

Funny... i avoided Silvermoon cause of that sentiment... but now i feel guilty. Even though the Rode hates Silvermoon with all his guts... he'll make an exception just for the sake of RP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]