Dire Beast v. Fervor v. Thrill of the Hunt

90 Human Hunter
What is everyone taking for this talent? I feel like Dire beast will beat out the other 2 depending on the icd of Thrill of the Hunt and its low proc chance. But then Fervor doesnt seem like a bad choice either because you basically have your whole focus bar regenning combined with Bestial Wrath you can spam Arcane Shot for days without losing really any focus.
Reply Quote
74 Tauren Paladin
I picked Thrill of the Hunt, and it seems to proc rather often, And i often try to weave it in with my lock n load procs.
So far it seems to work rather well, allowing me to use Arcane shot more often allowing me to do biut more than spam cobra for a filler.

Its also great for the lowered Multi Shot cost aswell, for AoE this can bring in some rather big number rather quickly as it seems to proc rather often in AoE situations.

I'm going to toy around with the other options later on, but so far TotH has worked wonders for me.
Reply Quote
76 Night Elf Hunter
08/29/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Alarasia
Dire beast will beat out the other 2 depending on the icd of Thrill of the Hunt and its low proc chance

To be honest I chose Fervor because

1. it replenishes your entire focus bar (not immediately but you know what I mean.)

2. Though ive yet to see it the "Dire Beast" technically can be killed/cc'd. In which case would not only break the regen but the damage "beast" provided aswell.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
i do not like thrill of the hunt because it is simply "too OP" i feel like an arcane mage spamming arcane shot for 30 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I picked Thrill of the Hunt, and it seems to proc rather often, And i often try to weave it in with my lock n load procs.
So far it seems to work rather well, allowing me to use Arcane shot more often allowing me to do biut more than spam cobra for a filler.

Its also great for the lowered Multi Shot cost aswell, for AoE this can bring in some rather big number rather quickly as it seems to proc rather often in AoE situations.

I'm going to toy around with the other options later on, but so far TotH has worked wonders for me.

I hope thats what blizz is going for. I much prefer the playstile of hunter now. cobra is so boring, i'd rather it be the filler, than the other way around
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I didnt choose TotH yet but im going to try it but it seems like SV hunters just need to spam arcane shots and focus regen with cobra
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Dire beast all the way. I am never out of focus as a BM hunter, even in pvp. Plus its a very fun ability.
Reply Quote
75 Orc Hunter
Although I'm still leveling, Thrill of the Hunt procs on nearly every pull and I can pretty much endlessly spam arcane shot nonstop. It's effective, but a little repetitive.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
dire beast is the superior ability for raiding. for pvp i choose fervor cause there is simply sometimes not enough time to wait for the beast to attack and u need focus fast to save yourself or kill someone. I didn't choose thrill of the hunter just because the focus regen is just so damn high so 3 free arcane shots isn't as nice as 50 insta focus, 50 overtime, on a 30 sec cd, or the beast that deal dmg and gives 5 focus per hit
Edited by Shot on 8/29/2012 8:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
it costs 10g to switch them out. Try them all and see what you like.
Reply Quote
Dire Beast atm. def the coolest ability for that level. random pet is fun, oversize monkey is best i have seen thus far
Reply Quote
82 Troll Hunter
Since I've picked up Thrill of the Hunt, I've not really needed to use Steady Shot that much and I can spam Multi-Shot in instances like crazy. It's pretty worth it if you have a decent tank for your dungeons, but I haven't tried out Dire Beast or Fervor yet.

(Yeah, this thing procs Arcane Shot to the point that I feel like an Arcane Mage.)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
TotH has no icd, it's pretty crazy. I'm not sure if I like hitting Arc Shot so much but it's pretty sick for Multi-shot spam, especially as MM since it stacks with Bombardment meaning 0 focus Multi-shots.

Unless you're MM though, I have to say I'm not too fond of any of the choices. (Good thing MM is my favorite tree!) On Beta as BM or Surv I found myself spamming Arcs to burn off Focus, especially since I try to hit Fervor and Dire Beast every time they're up and I can get full benefit. More Focus means more Arc Shots which means less Cobra Shots, meaning Serpent is prone to fall off. MM doesn't suffer this problem since they have Chimera though.

Also, TotH is nice because you can't waste what you gain since your Arc/Multi is reduced as opposed to gaining focus. (Unless you get another proc while you still have charges.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/29/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Shazzle
Although I'm still leveling, Thrill of the Hunt procs on nearly every pull and I can pretty much endlessly spam arcane shot nonstop. It's effective, but a little repetitive.

playing on the beta that's exactly the way I feel about it, I tried MM and the biggest issue was you can barely keep SS buff up simply because it procs so much. You almost feel like your doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Dire Beast is amazing damage and focus regen. Always get it no matter what the spec.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
As BM hunter, I chose Fervor. Having the upfront focus to burn on KC is better, well at least imo than spamming arcane shot, which you can still do in between KC's.

I also have a MM hunter, and have chosen TotH. And to be honest, this suits the MM tree better as you can keep smashing out arcane shot for litlle focus cost. It also has a good chance of proccing before you run out of focus.

But for BM, I'd say Fervor will be better :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
as a survival hunter with Dire Beast, I'm going to say that I'm not even tempted to try the other two abilities

however, I'm not that into pvp on my hunter, so any pvp hunters your mileage may vary
Edited by Sondreya on 8/29/2012 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I tried out dire beast and thrill of the hunt and I think I'm going to settle on dire beast for PvP (unless it gets rooted too much then I'll drop it) and Thrill for PvE.

The beast hits for around 6k per hit, but sheer volume of arcane shot spam enabled by Thrill greatly outweighs the damage I've been seeing from the beastie.

Though on the downside, it procs so much I'm having problems remembering to stop mashing the lit up button to refresh serpent sting via cobra shot.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Hunter
Just refresh serpent sting with multi shot. if your SV that is. Or just hard cast SS again as a focus dump.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I tried all 3 and dire beast is legit but the focus regen is kinda small for that CD, fervor is 2nd in my book because it keeps the burst going while in BW, but HO LY SH-- Thrill of the Hunt lets me pump out arcane shots like no tomorrow, i once got a string of 3 procs, thats 9 free arcane shots, i was actually having trouble keeping my focus from capping!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]