Dire Beast v. Fervor v. Thrill of the Hunt

i personaly think dire beast and Toth are both good im not going to say anything about fervor because i havent ever used it. ive used thrill and dire on and off all the time i tend to go through tomes of clear mind like no other but i dont mind i change on the fight (when my dumdass can rember) overall i dont think as a survival hunter you can wrong with either BM i use thrill all the way for pvp but ive just recently started to use bm as PVE with thrill and i think it works great so far i get free acrane shots and i use kill command on cd works for me i do think dire is higher dps when but its not by a huge amount so its just whatever you prefer really i personaly like thrill i think a little bit just because i dont have to push another button and i dont seem to have to cast cobra as much but if you do it correctly that shouldnt be a problem
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I use ToTH. Pvp'er.

Also, I hate Dire Beast. It needs to be changed to a passive/proc.
Same for AMoC, but that isn't part of this discussion.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I swap depending on the fight; if there's a lot of AoE, I go with TotH. If it's a single target fight like Morchok, Zon'ozz, Hagara, Ultraxion, etc, I go with Dire Beast.

This pretty much.

Swap to TotH for fights where there will be AoE and target swapping, like will of the emperor.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I don't know if they buffed TotH or nerfed Dire Beast, but I do know they buffed Fervor a lot. Unfortunately I can't seem to get a solid grip on Fervor right now, but I noticed I had been doing a lot more DPS a while ago going against what all the advice said (Dire Beast). Right now femaledwarf has Dire Beast being the worst choice in any spec, so I feel more justified changing a while back.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I raided a lot in the past and have done the whole min-maxing deal already.

Technically Dire Beast is the highest dps, but I really enjoy TotH. I've tried all three talents and I have the most fun with it, so that's what I play.

It's a game, I play to have fun. As long as my dps is acceptable, anyone that tells me to change my talents can piss off.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
I'm using Fervor at the moment which works nicely with Survival... but all this Thrill of the Hunt has me reconsidering :o
Reply Quote
For pvp ToTH is the best for any spec everything else is garbage. makes me giggle when i see dire beast on me :3.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
TotH is my personal choice for PvP. The last thing I need is another yet another damn button in the middle of a fight and it procs so often it is more then worth the slot.
Reply Quote
Since it appears nobody knows how to math. Single target, Dire beast is #1 DPS. Multi-target, Fervor is #1 DPS. TotH is the worst in every way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Dire beast, dmg plus focus regenerate.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
for raiding i took dire beast its great for that. for soloing i love toth. i solo alot of cata dungeons with that skill. bam spam multishot serpent spread. crazy man.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
04/07/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Banbann
Since it appears nobody knows how to math.

Math is hard!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I use ToTH. I have a little ToTH button come up under my regular TellMeWhen Bars. That way I make sure I have them weaved in my rotation right away. It procs so often, and it's great for AOE situations. I'm a LFR hero so while it's not the best DPS my uses for it extend farther.

You can see the little button right under my other CD's.

http://i.imgur.com/fvfBrSr.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't know if they buffed TotH or nerfed Dire Beast, but I do know they buffed Fervor a lot. Unfortunately I can't seem to get a solid grip on Fervor right now, but I noticed I had been doing a lot more DPS a while ago going against what all the advice said (Dire Beast). Right now femaledwarf has Dire Beast being the worst choice in any spec, so I feel more justified changing a while back.

I don't know if this is the right way or the wrong way, but this is how I do it. I macro Fervor in with Multishot and Murder of Crows. That helps with AoE, and helps with opening burst when I am running too low on focus to get off all my shots in one burst.
Reply Quote
Since it appears nobody knows how to math. Single target, Dire beast is #1 DPS. Multi-target, Fervor is #1 DPS. TotH is the worst in every way.

^^^^^
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I love posts like this, stated as though the poster has an advanced degree in dynamic formula integration. You don't "know the math" either tough guy, you're just regurgitating what's on Icy-viens.

I personally hate Dire beast, it's a bother and it really complicates a rotation that's already complicated. I couldn't imagine my shaman without EB, but trying to play my hunter with DB was just silly, trying fervor... eh... another f'ing button, TotH proccs a LOT and my dps is generally about 10k higher when I'm using it, yes, that is the right number, it's that much of a difference for ME. The reality is this, fervor may give you more control over when you're getting your focus buffs, which is important if you're honestly ticking off points for every wasted point of focus you have, which you'll have a lot of with thrill because if it proccs back to back to back you're not burning enough focus and your bar will just fill up and you'll still be spamming arcane shot. WHEN IT DOESN'T PROC, thats a !@#$%. And those circumstance where you're left with no way to regen focus under a condition where you need it is the reason the pro's are saying "if you're not going DB go fervor".

My advice is this, do what makes you happy, unless you're in some super hardcore raid guild that demands your dps be in the green zone of expected output for your gear at all time or you're out, who gives a shyte; none of the skills are so bad you're going to lose the internetz for the day if you specc with them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]