Mobile Armory Remote Guild Chat Update

(Locked)

Community Manager
The Mobile Armory Guild Chat and Auction House recently went free to all World of Warcraft subscribers giving access to many great features including the Remote Guild Chat. We are aware of issues affecting connectivity to this feature and have temporarily disabled it until we can resolve the issue. A fix should be in place very soon.
90 Undead Warlock
Well this may prove to be interesting.....
90 Night Elf Druid
Will the mobile armory app as a whole seen an update for the 5.0.4 changes?
Edited by Torque on 8/29/2012 8:07 PM PDT
90 Human Priest
08/29/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Grimiku
The Mobile Armory Guild Chat and Auction House recently went free to all World of Warcraft subscribers giving access to many great features including the Remote Guild Chat. We are aware of issues affecting connectivity to this feature and have temporarily disabled it until we can resolve the issue. A fix should be in place very soon.

Will the app itself be updated when the fix is in place? As in, will we have to redownload it from our respective "stores" (or update it - whatever) when it is fixed?
90 Troll Druid
Hi Jessie.

Is there any changes to see in the future additional premium features for the mobile armory app?

I would be really interested in an extended chat feature that would allow us to chat with anyone linked to our battlenet account. (Via battletags, realIDs, wow players in our friendlist).

Thank you!
Community Manager
The issue affecting connectivity has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Will the iOS app be updated with all the changes for MoP? Also how about full rentia support? You can see that some of it has been updated, but other parts of it are still using old images/icons, like the main menu icons?

Other than that, thanks for fixing the chat issues, and thanks for making it free!!!! :)
90 Troll Shaman
Still no plans for a Windows Phone app? Because as it stands, we don't even know that it's even thought of.
85 Tauren Druid
Any plans to add a guild chat client to the battle.net community site?
90 Tauren Druid
Is it expected functionality that I can be logged into mobile guild chat with one character, and the game with another?

Note: I only have one bnet account, and one license.
90 Human Warlock
Still unable to log in to the WoW Armory app on my iPhone over wifi. 3G works fine. Get an error "Unable to establish connection with the server".
90 Human Paladin
Still unable to connect to Remote Guild Chat on Moon Guard. Is this still being worked on, or should it have been resolved with this fix? My characters on Ner'zhul connect to Remote Guild Chat instantly.
90 Human Warlock
I can connect just for a second, before it starts disconnecting and reconnecting me when i go to guild chat, so i just sign out.
90 Night Elf Druid
although i do think it is a good idea for the most part. recently i had my ex(who i dont get along with) get on my sons phone and say things in guild chat...im wondering if there shouldnt be someway for gm or officers in guild to turn off remote chat on people or altogether...another reason would be if someone lost there phone while on and someone went on guild chat...i know u can put person on ignore but there should be more controls in place for remote chat as we are going to see more and more of it
90 Goblin Rogue
I don't know if its just me personally or what, but even though it has been "resolved" I still can't seem to connect to chat anymore. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, logging out and back in multiple times, etc. I can't seem to connect to guild chat, but everything else works fine it would seem.

(Android OS, Asus Transformer.)
Moon Guard still seems to be struggling along. I couldn't get into it at all tonight.
81 Troll Druid
I have a question about the behavior of remote chat.
From what i've seen over the past year or so using the android app (using the premium services on my EU account, asking here because US forums seem to have more posts related to it), remote chat is mostly only available when i actually look at it specifically. Whenever i check my auctions for to long, when i go back to guild chat, it has to reconnect to it.
But sometimes, when i do this, and then exit the app (without signing out), it will randomly log back in after a while (a few hours even), meaning someone whispers me in the middle of the night because my phone is connected all of a sudden.
I'm having mixed feelings about this, because on one side i don't really mind this, people know remote chat doesn't necessarily mean i will respond. But on the other hand, i'm the guildmaster and some less experienced members might find it offensive.

So my question in short:
Is it intended that the guild chat part of the app is 'randomly' reconnecting when the app is working in the background? What is the intended behaviour of this part of the app anyway?

Anyone has some answers? :P

EDIT: Forgot to say this, but this 'random connecting' has only happened to me quite recently, since the use of the entire app went free.
Edited by Chamassa on 9/3/2012 7:29 AM PDT
08/31/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Grimiku
The issue affecting connectivity has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

What about the issue with the Remote AH? All it's told me since it went free is "The realm is currently in maintenance."
85 Draenei Paladin
+1 for Glakmed - I'm receiving the same message. My primary use of this app is for remote AH. When will this be resolved?
Quality Assurance
The Mobile Bug Report forum is located here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2690193/
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]