Change realmlist?

100 Blood Elf Mage
Hi, I change my realmlist often between EU and US; now after patch 5.0.4 when I replace "set portal us" with eu instead of us it doesn't have any effect. There's 3 more lines above this one that I tried changing but still nothing, before it was just the line I pasted.

So.. How can I change it now?
Reply Quote
20 Human Rogue
i have the same problem exept i cant even find the realmlist file
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
\Data\enUS\realmlist.wtf

Weird you don't have it.. or have they removed it with the patch and mine didn't get deleted?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Can updates on this? It seems it was removed in patch 5.0
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Having the same issue. Anyone found a solution?

Edit: Figured it out.
World of Warcraft>WTF>Config.wtf
>SET locale "enUS"
Change enUS to enGB or vice versa.

If that isn't there, try looking for:
>SET portal "us"
Or something similar. My whole "Config.wtf" file changed the first time I switched it. Not sure exactly what changed.
Edited by Thorzon on 8/30/2012 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Works changing "SET locale "enUS" " to enGB in config. file , thanks!

Maybe they added a option to change the locale from the game, like in diablo 3.. couldn't find it yet.
Edited by Sapphire on 8/30/2012 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Doesn't work for me :(
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Rogue
Works changing for me 2 "SET locale "enUS" " to enGB in config. file , thanks
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
On my side, I was trying to play in french on a us server. I finally managed to get it done by adding the following line in the config file

SET portal "us"

I kept the following lines intact :

SET locale "frFR"
SET installLocale "frfr"
Reply Quote
The solution is that you aren't supposed to change your realmlist.
I'm sure none of you play private servers, but if you did, you would have to change that realmlist to do it.
Edited by Nobody on 9/1/2012 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
On my side, I was trying to play in french on a us server. I finally managed to get it done by adding the following line in the config fileSET portal "us"I kept the following lines intact :SET locale "frFR"SET installLocale "frfr"

I LOVE YOU !
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
this works yay ! i was like wtf is going on, either way blizz is still making money when i bought both versions of the game,
Reply Quote
2 Goblin Priest
i could do nothing it wont change pls help me
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
@Pifpafpof:

Hi, I have recently moved to Germany from Australia and have played WoW for years and have a developed US account.
I have a friend that I have shown the game to and he reeally wants to play, however, his English is very broken and only wants to play if there is a German language pack available (or something equivalent).
Getting a US copy of WoW in Germany isn't a problem, however the US Game Client only offers English, Spanish and Portuguese. (However, the EU servers offer German)

My question is, is there any way of somehow downloading the EU client and somehow transferring the German language folder to the US client? Or to access the US servers from the German EU client?

And with your solution, did you edit the US client's language files or EU client's servers it connects to?
Edited by Äelish on 7/26/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]