druid flight form available at level 58?

64 Night Elf Druid
the icon for druid flight form appears at level 58. can't use it without a license that you can't get until level 60? what's up with that, am i missing something everybody else has figured out?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/31/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Luciele
the icon for druid flight form appears at level 58. can't use it without a license that you can't get until level 60? what's up with that, am i missing something everybody else has figured out?

You should be able to fly in outlands with it, but I think that's the only place until you hit 60. It's a holdover from BC, where druids were able to fly at 58 (cause we're cool like that), but back then, outlands was the only place that you could fly.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
08/31/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Eluial

You should be able to fly in outlands with it, but I think that's the only place until you hit 60. It's a holdover from BC, where druids were able to fly at 58 (cause we're cool like that), but back then, outlands was the only place that you could fly.

I'm thinking that's just a typo and you meant 68. :) In TBC, Level 70 was when every other class got to fly, and we got Flight Form at 68.

I remember it was kinda funny that I got to run Arcatraz at level 68 (nobody could walk to it or be summoned to it), and I won some loot that I couldn't even equip yet.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
No, it wasn't a typo. My druid just leveled to 58, got the big flashing message that she could learn to fly, went to the trainer, who sent me to the flight trainer who says she can't fly till level 60. What's up with that?

Not only that, but I picked up the quest for Outlands at the call board and can't use the portal by the mage trainer because it says I'm not high enough.

Sigh....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No, it wasn't a typo. My druid just leveled to 58, got the big flashing message that she could learn to fly, went to the trainer, who sent me to the flight trainer who says she can't fly till level 60. What's up with that?

Not only that, but I picked up the quest for Outlands at the call board and can't use the portal by the mage trainer because it says I'm not high enough.

Sigh....

Get on a Horde toon and kill her, then slip through unnoticed. And if that doesn't work, screw her anyway and go to Blasted Lands and just walk through the portal. !@#$% can't stop you there.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
My druid just hit 58 and I am confused about this as well. My flight form became available so I went back to Orgrimmar to buy my flight master's license but I can't until level 60. Admittedly, I haven't made it to Outlands yet. However, when I did Outlands with my death knight, he couldn't fly (even in Outlands) until buying his flight master's license at level 60 either. What's up with that? Wouldn't it make more sense to just wait until level 60 to grant flight form so we don't go running all over Azeroth trying to get a flight master's license?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
WHAT THE HELL is up with this? Thank you
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I seem to remember, though I could be wrong, that prior to MOP and the big talent-and-spell rehaul, druids were given the ability to fly at level 58 when everyone else got it at 60 (to retain the old "two levels earlier" perk from TBC when flight wasn't learned until 70.) It was changed sometime in WOTLK I think, whenever it was that Blizz decided it was silly to make us have to slog all the way through old content on a ground mount.

Going to WoWhead though, it says Flight Form is learned at level 60. So I'm not sure what it's supposed to be anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I've been leveling a number of classes from scratch over the last month or so since the expansion. All I can say is that there are some major discrepancies all over the spellbooks and what is actually possible. In my opinion they have decided to disregard anything about those characters under level 90. All focus has been on end game content and it has jeopardized a lot of balance with the lower levels. I'm disappointed.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/07/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Wickedheals
All I can say is that there are some major discrepancies all over the spellbooks and what is actually possible

I agree. One of the biggest things I noticed was a mistweaver monk only having one heal until what, level 30? That's just silly.
Reply Quote
6 Tauren Warrior
This be some BUUULL!@#$!
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Druid
I just worked thorough this with my grandson, a 58 Horde druid.
At levels 58-60, he can fly in the Outlands ONLY. At 60, he can buy the license to fly everywhere. We went though the portal in the basement (Cleft of Shadows?) of Orgrimmar to the Badlands and he walked through the green curtain into the Outlands. He was able to shift to flight form and fly immediately, and was excited enough that I had to remind him to get the quest and get back on track,
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Think of it as a taste of good things to come ;-p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
L2SearchFunction.

This question was presented and answered in three posts yesterday.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
At lvl 58 you can use fly form at outlands only.
The license you talk about will let you fly anywhere but Pandaria and Northrend, and u get it at 60 for 225 gold. after that u can by 4.5k gold for fast fly license, and i think around 400g to fly at Northrend. Can't remember how much to fly at Pandaria, but something around 600.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
Can someone please tell me where to get that license? I am a druid at 63 and cannot fly because I can't find someone to teach me. I have checked Darnassus, NorthWind and other kingdoms to no avail. All of them say that I already know master flight but I can't use flight form or the hippogryph I just bought (save the out lands as described before).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Can someone please tell me where to get that license? I am a druid at 63 and cannot fly because I can't find someone to teach me. I have checked Darnassus, NorthWind and other kingdoms to no avail. All of them say that I already know master flight but I can't use flight form or the hippogryph I just bought (save the out lands as described before).

1) For future reference, check the dates on old threads before you necro them, in most cases, long-dead threads are better off left that way.

2) If you have flight form, you can fly in Outland without any further training. You only need the license to fly in Azeroth.

3) You can buy the license to fly in Azeroth from a vendor near the flight path in Stormwind. Not sure if any other vendors offer it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Anyone who's done farming at Halfhill as a druid can tell you that we're a real collection of inconsistencies that just never got fixed; probably because there are other more important bugs to fix elsewhere. I mean, you can do several things in your preferred form, while farming, but other things give you that annoying 'you're in shapeshift form' message.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]