Who the hell is Zigoroth?

82 Undead Warlock
And why is he bothering me with his guild spam?

I was in the middle of a dungeon run while levelling this toon, when this chump whispers me out of nowhere and asks me to join his guild. Firstly, I'm IN a guild, so it's not like I'm in the market. Secondly, Fired is one of the best guilds on the server (in my ever humble opinion), so I can't imagine his guild is a step up for me. And thirdly, I'm in the middle of DPSing a dungeon. I don't exactly have time to chat.

When I asked him where he got my name, he said he just did a /who and was going down the list. Is this what Ravenholdt has come to? People simply spamming every person on the server, individually, guilded or not, with spam?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
He once led the guild <Ascendancy of Aeons> and his recruitment strategy involves making false promises to pull members from other guilds so he can zerg to lvl 25. Once at lvl 25 he sells the guild, pockets the money and repeats the process.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/02/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Nakremy
That's disgusting.

Yeah, you should probably put on some makeup or something.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
That's disgusting.

Yeah, you should probably put on some makeup or something.

Godamnit, you had to quote me before i could rectify a useless post.
Oh well.

THIS ISN'T MAKEUP?
Edited by Nakremy on 9/2/2012 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I think there are addons that can do that (spam guild invites/whispers), I get 3-4 whispers to join guilds every day. I'm guessing since the recent changes to guild xp and the upcoming xpac people are trying to level/create new guilds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Zen
As a member of Zen, I don't know why people have singled my guild leader out. There are others out there who do things even worse than Zig.

Now, I have noticed that he does have the scorpion mount which is from getting a guild to level 25. Zen may be level 25 in like the next week methinks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
As a member of Zen, I don't know why people have singled my guild leader out. There are others out there who do things even worse than Zig.

Now, I have noticed that he does have the scorpion mount which is from getting a guild to level 25. Zen may be level 25 in like the next week methinks.

Read my first post. You can expect to get sold along with the rest of your guild soon after reaching 25.
Reply Quote
Hmm, if it does go up for sale, it will be tempting.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
He's not a bad guy. Just a bit of a goofball and a little recruit happy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I myself use the addon to recruit low level players. First of all 7 of 10 who join express their thanks for finally being able to join a guild, the other 3 just join lol. Now the add-on I use lists players of all levels and classes who are guild-less, sometimes it likes to troll me and lists guilded players amongst those who are not. I've noticed it usually lists players who were being scanned and logged of (listing them in the process). While I try and limit myself to players below level 65, sometimes messaging a level 85 seems tempting.

I have had the misfortune of accidentally messaging guilded players 4-5 times a week, I apologize instantly and they say its no problem and we go off our separate ways.

I also do a double check by stopping the scanner to do the /who blahblah myself to verify they are not guilded (when level 85).

I'll use Staryu in my following example. I sometimes message guild-less players such as Staryu once, if they say no I add them to the add-on's built in blacklist. This helps me avoid them spamming them later on.

While I do apologize to players if they happen to be in bgs/dungeons/raids, I feel a need to extend my apologies to the forums in case anyone reading this post feels... uncomfortable by my current recruitment tactics.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Zen
As a new member I find this disconcerting...but I did quit my old guild so having a new one that 'might get sold' won't be a deal breaker.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
[quote="66056368879"]As a new member I find this disconcerting...but I did quit my old guild so having a new one that 'might get sold' won't be a deal breaker.[/quote
That's where my issue is. He destroys all the medium sized guilds by sucking them dry with what is for the most part false advertising. Then, he sells the guild and makes a bunch of gold. On a lower pop. realm like this that makes it incredibly hard for anyone to make a new guild.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]