Heirlooms and how they affect Gameplay

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I been recently informed the other day that two additional Heirlooms (Boa) is coming to World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria. The first and one i have been confirmed on is the Pant / leg gear and the next which is unconfirmed but one of the two is Necklace and or Hand gear. For me this is excellent news to hear because its going to be even easier to level toons but at the same time i kinda of get a bad feeling i do like to pvp a bit while lvling just to spice it up from continueous questing and dungeoning and Boa makes it seem almost impossible to play against players with BoA if you do not have any of course i have almost every BoA possible and i know how powerful i can be with full boa and most of the time its the only way to compete against other players with Full Boa so if somehow someone can make a forum and get it to be huge and on the main wow home page about BoA PvP battlegrounds seperated from Non BoA battlegrounds that would be great.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
BoAs aren't the problem - the problem is people walking into bgs wearing greys and greens that are 10 levels out of date and not understanding why they just got wtfpwned.

I would go into something about low level ability scaling, but hopefully with the patch they've smoothed some of that out at least somewhat.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
No, the problem is that players have too much damage relative to their health pools. Even if you don't have BoAs, you can still two-shot other players depending on your class.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
08/31/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Kerrath
No, the problem is that players have too much damage relative to their health pools. Even if you don't have BoAs, you can still two-shot other players depending on your class.

This was addressed somewhat. Rogues at low level are weaker now that they don't get shadow step until level 60(where they used to get it at 10). So I can't SS+Ambush=Win anymore.

Also, more heirlooms are good.
Edited by Sorya on 8/31/2012 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
rogues were 2 shotting people long before cata in low level bgs.
Reply Quote
There are dungeon blues you can get that are just as powerful as heirlooms because heirlooms were designed to match those dungeons blues while saving you the effort of farming on the low level toon.

Get friends to help you farm if you don't want heirlooms. I can remember helping guildies farm low level dungeons before heirlooms were introduced for exactly that. If you're worried about gaining experience in the middle of all that dungeon farming, just pay the 10g to turn off exp.

The only new heirlooms you mentioned that ever appeared on beta were the legs and they are unlocked via the guild profession achievment. No one ever saw the rumored necks or gloves so it's hard to say if those will be coming anytime soon.

There is also a new agility staff aimed at monks who need a 2H weapon since they can't equip the 2H mace. You can find that at the heirloom vendors right now.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Long story short, low level PvP will never be balanced. Heck even right now at 85 me, and most other hybrids are using healing abilities that are tooled for level 90 and surviving much more than we should (which, I am fully taking advantage of to pad my dueling ratio :P)

BoA's only make it easier for people to have the best gear for their level (view Joys post above).

BoAs aren't the problem - the problem is people walking into bgs wearing greys and greens that are 10 levels out of date and not understanding why they just got wtfpwned.

Quoted for truth.
Edited by Kodenn on 9/2/2012 8:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]