PvP Moonkin Stat Priority 5.0.4

85 Tauren Druid
I've seen many threads about stat priorities but they all seem to be for PvE. Also I'm not one to trust Noxxic for stat weights, so I'm seeking a simple answer from the forum.

Prior to 5.0, haste was stacked to reliably get casts off.

My gut tells me that we should still stack haste as much as possible for faster casts and faster dot ticks, although crit seems to be worthwhile now too.

Does anyone have a solid answer?

Also when stacking haste how much is too much? I'm sitting at about 2000 haste or about 21% while in Moonkin Form, and my Mastery is about 31%. If you armory me yes I know I'm not at the new 6% PvP hit cap yet.

I just don't want to have like 4000 haste and 0 mastery.. there has to be a nice balance.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Hunter
im going mast all the way. the uptime on eclipse is massive now. you get double energy from casts, and you can start every fight in eclipse with astral communion. then there's celestial alignment. just my opinion, but mast is looking great
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hi. I know nothing of PvP, but I approve of your name.

That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
CQC
my spec/gear set up has a nice balance ive been rocking the bgs man, yeahbro try it out
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I went to the 1589 haste rating, and then went crit/mastery, but prioritizing crit. I seriously haven't been casting at all in battlegrounds right now. Starsurge procs are crazzzzzzy.

I might try prioritizing mastery, but right now I am having fun the way I've reforged.
Edited by Juventas on 9/1/2012 2:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am still working on changing my gear from resto ---> boomkin but I am currently doing:

Haste > Crit > Mastery

tab-Dot spammin in bgs and proc those instant starsurges. more haste faster ticks more starsurges, that's how i picture it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Hi. I know nothing of PvP, but I approve of your name.

That is all.

this! lol
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Complete stat prio reversal.

Before 5.0.4: Haste > Mastery > Crit

5.0.4: Crit > Mastery > Haste

Currently sitting at 9,460 spell power, 25.15% crit chance, 12.91% haste and 36.11% mastery, 64.17% resil and 22.76% pvp power in my BG gear.

Arena gear is 8,846 spell power, 25.63% crit chance, 12.91% haste and 36.11% mastery, 66.27% resil and 24.47% pvp power.

With the way shooting stars now (only proccing on crit moonfire/sunfire ticks), I have a 7.5% chance to proc starsurge.

I could get that to 8%-- I think -- if I could buy and enchant the new BiS pvp helm, but sadly, you can't enchant it, and it wouldn't be worth it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I just came back to WoW and even before 5.0 i went with Crit-Haste-Mast. And i believe im sticking to that.

I may go with Crit-Mast-Haste tho...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Haste > Mastery >= Crit for PvP imo.

I've used both stat setups and there's not really a noticeable change in the amount of procs I get. Prioritizing haste gives you shorter cast times, and cast time spells contribute a lot of my burst.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pvp/druid/balance/stat-priority-and-details

that'll do
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
For Balance PvP:

Reforging: Spirit/Hit (Till 6%) Haste > Mastery = Crit.

Gemming Pure Int until 2PvP is Greater than or equal to 1 INT in value.

That is for 90 though. At 85 Int > PvP power. At 90 gems will have twice as much secondary stat as primary aka Int / PvP power would be 100Int / 200 Pvp power (made up numbers for simplicity YAY!)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I like how you get a ton of different solutions and you look at their armory and they have a different reforge than what they said. Doesn't make boomkin any more confusing at all! :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I like how you get a ton of different solutions and you look at their armory and they have a different reforge than what they said. Doesn't make boomkin any more confusing at all! :)

I followed my reforge I listed :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/12/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Foghørn

I'm the culprit. I'm running around in a full crit > mastery > haste setup because of the sheer amount of damage you can put out in BGs. I've seriously been playing AB all morning. I pop cooldowns, tab DoT, and then just get back-to-back chain SS procs like it's my day job or something. I crit a Vicious Mage for 100k earlier (irrelevant).

Haste is still a better setup 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3. You're going to have more people there to interrupt you, so you want to be able to get off your casts as fast as possible. Spread damage isn't all that reliable with hybrid healing being OP atm. Single target cast-time spells are how you kill people imo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Mastery> Crit>Haste imo.
PvP power> ALL
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Reforge Mastery
Gem PvP Power

@90 arenas you will be spamming Eclipsed moonfire like you have no idea. If you stop to cast anything other than Cyclone or RootSolarBeam you are wasting moonfire spam time...

This might change later on in MoP, but the way it is now and will be for a few months (judging from beta), Mastery will give you the biggest damage boost.

I main boomkin in arenas, but went Guardian so I could farm some heirlooms...in case any of you tryhards goes into my armory to check if im an actual boomkin
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That is some craaaaazy !@#$, I JUST got out of a BG where I randomly saw "Yeahbro" and I was inspecting his gear, and i had some question, I look up boomkin stat prio and click on this link and here he is, right after that bg. the odds?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
High crit is pretty fun, I get dragonwrath proc starsurges and can drop even a healer with them...No need for haste when you are relying on instant cast and procs, but if I DO cast my casted spell rock people (hard with the CC spam, interrupt change was nice though).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]