Casters and expertise

90 Human Paladin
I feel dumb for even having to create this thread, but I'm currently having an argument - do caster DPS now need expertise? I'm saying no, that the change only applied to hunters, but I've googled my heart out and I can't find anything about casters - just hunters (that sounds like proof enough, but I'd really like to have it in writing somewhere.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/31/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Reznorr
I feel dumb for even having to create this thread, but I'm currently having an argument - do caster DPS now need expertise? I'm saying no, that the change only applied to hunters, but I've googled my heart out and I can't find anything about casters - just hunters (that sounds like proof enough, but I'd really like to have it in writing somewhere.)

Why would your friend even think that?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
they don't "need" expertise

BUT!! expertise is now hit for casters too I believe

so if you're really low on hit and an item has hit on it you can reforge the other stat to expertise and be closer to your hit cap
Edited by Crudbonemeal on 9/1/2012 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Expertise converts to hit for casters now. I think it's so the weapon racials will have a benefit for casters as well as melee, so yes expertise is beneficial for casters.
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Priest
Every point of Expertise is a point of hit so it gives more stats then hit making Expertise > Hit. Good.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Just tested this. Confirmed. Exp = more spell hit for caster. /thread
Edited by Atamos on 9/2/2012 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I think they did this so mages and warlocks could still reforge to get hit even it an item already has hit on it.

Which is just silly in my opinion. Expertise = melee/hunter, physical attacks, not magic. Wouldn't it have been more logical to give mages/warlocks a spirit->hit conversion so they could just reforge for spirit instead?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well, you do still have to aim your fireballs and lightning bolts. farting in their general direction doesn't cut it anymore i guess.

(it's still 15% hit, but exp helps reach that cap i hear. for racials i assume like spell damage sword/mace wielding human mages & priests)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]