Current proposed 5.1 changes on PTR
1. A new Minor Glyph has been added: Discreet Magic. This glyph prevents Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, Frost Bomb, Arcane Barrage, and Inferno Blast from affecting targets more than 5 yards away from the primary target.
2. Water Elemental New Pet Ability: Water Jet. Water Jet channels a jet of frigid water at the target, dealing Frost damage over 4 seconds. Frostbolts cast by the pet's owner that hit the target while it is being blasted with icy water will grant a charge of Fingers of Frost. This ability has a 24 sec cooldown (shared with Freeze) and a 1 second cast time.
What is this nonsense? I assume frost mages in PVE need some sort of tweak to obtain more fingers of frost?
3. Mage Armor now reduces the duration of harmful Magic effects by 25% (was 35%).
Bring on the CC train! See what I care. I can't play my character most of the time anyways. Even more so when I chunk 60% of my HP to certain abilities.
4. The damage absorbed by Ice Barrier has been reduced by 25%.
Sucka's! As if that even matters. The shield is either purged or broken within seconds. Blazing Speed for life!
5. Pyroblast now has a 3 second cooldown. This cooldown is reduced by spell haste.
Riding my bicycle from New York to wherever Blizzard is located to punch someone in the teeth.
6. Ring of Frost and Deep Freeze now have a 45 second cooldown (was 30 seconds).
Gross. I guess we have more time to setup the kill when Deep Freeze is back? Oh wait, refer back to #5. I'm also going to kick that person in the teeth. That is a poor way to address burst. The Ring of Frost thing I can understand. Accepted and approved.
7. Combustion's periodic damage is now based only on the current Ignite, instead of both Ignite and Pyroblast. Damage has been increased to bring it up to approximately the same level as before.
Makes PvP Combustion a little more easier to use. I'm cool with that. I'll still be using it after a Pyroblast crit anyways. In all honesty, I wish I could use Glyph of Combustion and use it to help burst. The DoT effect is quite horrible.
8. Blazing Speed may now be triggered after recieving damage in any amount.
Cha-Ching! Please reduce the cooldown a bit though. How about 20? I'll take 20.
9. The mana cost of Spellsteal has been increased to 21% of base mana (was 7%).
GOOD. DO THIS TO OTHER CLASSES TOO. HOLY BANANAS WHAT TOOK SO LONG.
10. Fixed an issue with Glyph of Icy Veins that could prevent all three bolts from firing.
11. Fixed an issue with Glyph of Icy Veins that could prevent the affected abilities from doing the correct damage.
You think I got where I am today dressing like Peter Pan over here? FORGET ABOUT IT