5.2 Competitive Fire PvP (in progress)

90 Dwarf Mage
i'll be including combos like that soon so all is appreciated ;)
Reply Quote
If anyone has any fire questions, check out my post. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8196604069
After playing fire for 2 years, i'm now trying to increase the love for the fiery community.
I strictly play fire now after getting a few glad titles as frost and finding it mind numbing. if you have any questions whatsoever, I'm here looking to spread my knowledge.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
If i dont see a serious fire mage buff in damage imma get pissed. fire is sooo weak its gross. i LOVE playing fire and think it should be the highest dps in the game pvp wise. i go 26-0 as frost with my spriest partner and go 7-7 as fire... thats crap. change it blizz! change it!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
fire sucks. when a rogue can hit with shurieken more then my pyroblast then we have a problem.

living bomb doesnt spread. that sucks. why was it removed? where is our cleave now? our mobility?
pyroblast. make some coffee, read the sunday times and by then maybe pyro will be done casting and if you are lucky it will hit for 10-20k Our hardest hitting spell as fire is the weakest
combustion? the build up to cast combustion is pathetic my burn phase takes like 30 seconds
fireball. may as well smoke em if you got em even with haste axxed its still slow to cast and you cant move. why can rogues hit me for 10k shureiken toss plus poison when i have to stand still and cast for something that hits for lower then he does?
flamestrike? come on really? I would be better off using blizzard if the name wasnt a joke.
scorch is the only good thing we have now to use as a mobility factor to build up heating up and cast alter time, pyro alter time pyro and even ten the damage is horribly pathetic.

I wont even go into how bad fire is in arenas.

You buffed frost because why? You want everyone to be a cookie cutter class as a mage?

Come on seriously. Stop.

Seriously. fire sucks in pvp period. IM barely above the healers in damage

Someone pease tell me what IM doing wrong as a fire mage? Ive been a fire mage for years now and this is the worst Ive even played. Im in full malev gemmed and enchanted because I cant win @@@@ in an arena as fire.

and dont say go frost. IM not switching to frost because it is the fotm.
Edited by Redsox on 3/21/2013 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
fire doesn't suck.

it takes skill.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
make some coffee, read the sunday times and by then maybe pyro will be done casting

Someone pease tell me what IM doing wrong as a fire mage?

10/10 troll

edit: after looking at your armory, i'm not sure about the troll anymore. wow.
Edited by Elpadlol on 3/25/2013 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
hey dudes!

Updated the main post with links to more sources and included a bit on team building. I know I can do better but, I'm trying to keep this all short and sweet. I've come to learn that most people have the attention span of a walrus.

Would it be worth my time writing up a mock Skype conversation in 3v3? Just generic things that go through my mind and what I'm saying (or think I'm saying)? Coordinating burst with your team and anticipating cooldowns would be the main focus
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
The main thing to note here is that you'll need Pyroblast! ready before you Freeze your target. This is incredibly devastating

I want to point out that its a 50/50 chance that pyro will proc when you cast inferno blast with heating up. 50/50 is being generous too. Read what it says for inferno blast and pyro. 2 crits. so heating up procs and then poof. nothing. There goes my kill macro out the windo and.........

Dude I hate to break the news to you but after 5.2 came out pyro crits for less then scorch. pyro was nerfed so bad its horrible to use now as a fire mage and be competative.

Seriously. wheres all the sellout frost mages who respecced to frost. Fire was awesome 5.1. Now its garbage damage. Dots? Loving bomb ( I misspelled that correctly)? pyro nerf is ----ing horrible.
/troll but w/e pyro is supposed to be our big damage dealer and from what IM readin you are saying to cross breed specs o it works? why not just tell blizz to make fire plain old fire.

you know like, burn stuff and win?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
03/31/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Redsox
The main thing to note here is that you'll need Pyroblast! ready before you Freeze your target. This is incredibly devastating

I want to point out that its a 50/50 chance that pyro will proc when you cast inferno blast with heating up. 50/50 is being generous too. Read what it says for inferno blast and pyro. 2 crits. so heating up procs and then poof. nothing. There goes my kill macro out the windo and.........

You usually only IB when you already have heating up (which you usually get the first time by IB first and then waiting for the CD to come off),

also I dont think you're considering shatter in the equation

you're wasting your procs if you're just tossing them at your target without setting them up into a Deep

when done properly, you can get a minimum of 3 Pyro procs every Deep Freeze CD, which will all crit
Edited by Wizzlewozzle on 4/2/2013 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you're fire, and you have awful sustained damage, an great burst, getting NT isn't the best.
Living bomb is SO much better simply because it doesn't break dragons's breaths and polies, and is on a 1 sec global to boot.

Think about it, fire does beyond awful damage sustain wise. Why try to be something you're not?
You're a deep someone and destroy class so revolve your stats and talents around being burst and control oriented in my opinion.

In a few weeks I'm gonna be putting up videos to help people with fire.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thank you for this thread.
Reply Quote
time to unsticky
bloo quit or something
thanks
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
hello

Im triyng to gem my mage into fire pvp, but i dont know what is the best priority of status in this moment

i want to know if is better to gem pvp power or intelect or gem pvp resilience over them.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Mage
Came back from a six month hiatus. Non-crit wise; Scorch and Pyroblast need to output higher numbers.
Reply Quote
Came back from a six month hiatus. Non-crit wise; Scorch and Pyroblast need to output higher numbers.

then our pyro crits would be more insane than they already are. As it is we are the only class besides shamans that can 100-0 someone in basically a global or 2
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Here are 2 combos I like to pull off. All of these you should have Glyph of Deep Freeze. I will not explain the combos with POM due to the fact I don't believe is that great. Because Fire Mages lack "Survivability" and POM Pyro will be 20% weaker. So the talent that will help A LOT is Blazing Speed. Back to the combos:

SOME TIME YOU CAN ALTER TIME TO GO BACK BEFORE THE MOST RECENT PYRO HITS SO YOU GET A HEATING UP PROC FROM IT. Do not do it on #2 because it will cancel out the Heating up proc you already have.

Starting with No Heating up...
#1 Frost Jaw -- Scorch -- Inferno Blast Immediately after -- QUICKLY Deep Freeze (or macro it.) -- Alter Time / Burst Macro -- Pyro -- Combution -- Pyro -- Inferno Blast -- Pyro -- Alter Time (B4Hits) -- Pyro -- Blazing Speed (To close the gap) -- Frost Nova -- Pyro -- Inferno Blast -- Pyro (Won't be frozen anymore but extra dmg)

Starting with Pyro Proc
#2 Frost Jaw -- Scorch -- Alter Time / Burst Macro -- Pyro -- Quick Deep Freeze -- Pyro -- Inferno Blast -- Pyro -- Combustion -- Pyro -- Alter Time -- Pyro -- Blazing Speed (To close the gap) -- Frost Nova -- Pyro -- Inferno Blast -- Pyro

These do take Quite a bit of practice before you get the timing down and remember the whole rotation so you never mess up. Then again those 2 combos are are to get in without being interrupted or enemy trinketing or poppin defensive Cooldowns. Really Quick here is 2 basic combos if Deep Freeze is on CD.

#1 Frost Jaw -- Scorch -- Inferno Blast -- Pyro
(The target should be Frozen the whole combo.

(You are able to get 2 Scorch's off before FJ breaks.)
#2 Frost Jaw -- Scorch -- Scorch -- Quick Inferno Blast -- Frost Nova -- Pyro -- Pyro
Edited by Crystalnova on 10/12/2013 2:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Pandaren Shaman
fire doesn't suck.

it takes skill.

It doesn't take much skill more than it relies on having things line up. It is possible to chain 3 Hot Streaks in a single Deep Freeze but the setup is unrealistic. Getting that to line up while having Hot Streak dispelled is not fun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
hi
Bloobungle's armory doesn't show up. Did he quit or something? Wouldn't surprise me considering that cata fire had a very dynamic, demanding and skillful gameplay experience while mop fire (and everything else in mop) is just wombo combo offensive cooldown spam under instant cc. Too bad there isn't a better alternative to wow... games like swtor and rift are abysmal at best.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I believe he quit sometime during ToT, I wanna say May-June at the latest? Don't remember exactly, and whichever PvP season was the one before the current one.
Edited by Coopthefat on 11/9/2013 11:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hey, I'm brand spank'in new here and was wondering if you could feed my curiosity for a minute. I love mages of all kinds, its my favorite class on any game. This is my first character and I'm currently spec fire. Should I set myself on getting a high crit rating or a high haste rating? from my reading so far and limited personal experience I feel as though a focus in crit rating with a 'minor', if you will, in haste is the best option. At level 48 I plan on making scorch my main damage spell as it has a 1.5 sec CD and similar damage to fireball, my current main damage spell. Given this info, my next three questions are: How much of a haste rating will I need end game to meet a goal of 33% or 1 sec CD on scorch (if this isn't a pipe dream), what is a reasonable crit rating to shoot for end game, and what is the formula or correlation between the ratings and %? Typing this up I had PvP in mind. Good god I sound like a math problem...

Thanks in advance! You all are awesome!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]