so 8 second dispel-spell cooldown.... why?

100 Goblin Shaman
seriously, i don't see how this is in anyway shape or form, smart, since dispelling is NEEDED in a lot of boss fights, i would seriously like a blizzard employer, to tell me the reason for this 8 second cooldown, because PVP or PVE, i dont see a reason that this was done
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
You'll get used to it. It's really only going to be an issue in a few dungeons. A lot of the debuffs out there don't do much in the way of damage, and most aren't life threatening (Save for Asaad if no-one knows how to bloody jump. *eyetwitch*). In raids, you'll just need to coordinate your dispelling with another healer is all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Future encounters will most likely be balanced around the new 8s CD on dispels. The CD was quite needed for PvP where a healer could just spam dispel and /lol at whatever most DoT classes threw at them, except for Affli locks due to their good dispel protection.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
You do realize that Dispels are more powerful now, right? They do not just dispel one debuff at a time with each cast on a target, they dispel all of them.

From what I understand, it was a PvP change to make the experience more enjoyable, both for the dispelers and the debuffers. Dispels (healers) are not forced to spam dispels every CD anymore against a debuff heavy teams and debuffers do not have to worry about a healer just casually waving their hand and washing away all of the work like it was nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/01/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Opulênce
seriously, i don't see how this is in anyway shape or form, smart, since dispelling is NEEDED in a lot of boss fights, i would seriously like a blizzard employer, to tell me the reason for this 8 second cooldown, because PVP or PVE, i dont see a reason that this was done

Two things;

First; If you don't see how instant Cooldown dispell is amazing in PvP, than you have no clue just what the heck you're talking about. Period.

Second; I am a PvE player. I raid progression heroics. Raid encounters will be balanced around this fact. Get a clue.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
This will be fun for level 60's trying to raid Chromaggus.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
You do realize that Dispels are more powerful now, right? They do not just dispel one debuff at a time with each cast on a target, they dispel all of them.

From what I understand, it was a PvP change to make the experience more enjoyable, both for the dispelers and the debuffers. Dispels (healers) are not forced to spam dispels every CD anymore against a debuff heavy teams and debuffers do not have to worry about a healer just casually waving their hand and washing away all of the work like it was nothing.

This. I'm not using dispells nearly as much now, I don't need to tell anyone the mana cost involved so it's helped my playstyle a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/02/2012 01:52 AMPosted by Jenzul
This will be fun for level 60's trying to raid Chromaggus.

*sob* nothing like ooming trying to remove 5 stacks of diseases on 3 different people only to have him cast it again before I'm even finished.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
lol yeah chromaggus.. took us a couple times with 3 badly geared 85s to get him down...

i finally had to go destro and pull out my imp and help out on dispells because the pally and mage couldnt cut it..(pre mop patch)
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Paladin
Look, I dont care if its more powerful and can now dispell everything. I dont care that an instant spell was OP in PVP. Its a pain in the !@# on fights like LK (horrifying) and Hspine (just annoying). Whats more is that only priests and pallys can dispell diseases. So Necrotic plague sits there and bounces around and one by one takes your raid out if you have a lazy priest or an incompetent pally. The LK achieve was the last one I needed, and now it looks like I may never get it. I can live with all the changes that I think are *#!# moves from bliz, but one thing that I'm bothered by is the dispell CD. And 8 seconds??? Thats overly long and unbarable. For the love of god, please PLEASE change it back!!! /sobs

Maybe make the cd present if you dispell in a pvp situation?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ok the qq about the dispell.

for the pve content, they balanced the encounters against the 8 sec cd. the blood debuff on spine is around a 15-25 seconds, that gives you plenty of time to dispell. once a blood has been dispelled the other debuffs are automatically earth, until a new almag comes out. i am able to solo cleanse the whole encounter with out having to chase it around.

also, i believe with chromaggus. the cd is erased so it's still just a regular gcd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Look, I dont care if its more powerful and can now dispell everything. I dont care that an instant spell was OP in PVP. Its a pain in the !@# on fights like LK (horrifying) and Hspine (just annoying). Whats more is that only priests and pallys can dispell diseases. So Necrotic plague sits there and bounces around and one by one takes your raid out if you have a lazy priest or an incompetent pally. The LK achieve was the last one I needed, and now it looks like I may never get it. I can live with all the changes that I think are *#!# moves from bliz, but one thing that I'm bothered by is the dispell CD. And 8 seconds??? Thats overly long and unbarable. For the love of god, please PLEASE change it back!!! /sobs

If I'm not mistaken...didn't they adjust Heroic Spine to flow with the change to dispels?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

It's been a while since I was in LK (heroic or otherwise) so not sure if anything's been changed since before cataclysm. You don't need spammable dispels if this is coordinated correctly. You just make sure it jumps to the shamblers each time. It autojumps every 15 seconds (or if the afflicted target dies), well after the CD for dispels. You can probably just not dispel and let it auto-jump and have dps not dps at all until close to 30 stacks (for achievement) =P

Spine on either difficulty is a non issue. Just coordinate with other healers and it automatically becomes the friendly buff after 1 dispel. Unless you turned the DS buff off, you don't need the friendly buff on tanks any more with 35% more good stuff (tm).
Edited by Benea on 9/3/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Shaman
09/01/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Sparklefever
PvP.

Yup.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
From Acurion to Zon'ozz, it makes multiple target debuffs a real annoyance. Instead of an 8 sec CD on cleansing, couldn't a cleanse put an 8 second debuff on the target preventing further cleanses, ala Weakened Spirit from PW:S? That way, we can cleanse a party, but it can't be spammed in PvP (like on the FC, for example.)
Edited by Jeanne on 9/3/2012 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It autojumps every 15 seconds (or if the afflicted target dies), well after the CD for dispels. You can probably just not dispel and let it auto-jump and have dps not dps at all until close to 30 stacks (for achievement) =P

It ticks faster than the dispel timer. It "can" be done, but you run into risky situations where someone gets the 25stack you've been building just after you dispelled the guy the LK cast a new one on.

That hurts.

So you basically need two dispellers.
Edited by Nerfheals on 9/3/2012 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I also don't understand it, especially when DPS have instant cast non-cooldown DoT's and slows, in PvP it makes no sense and is beyond absurd.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/03/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Sparklefever
From Acurion to Zon'ozz, it makes multiple target debuffs a real annoyance. Instead of an 8 sec CD on cleansing, couldn't a cleanse put an 8 second debuff on the target preventing further cleanses, ala Weakened Spirit from PW:S? That way, we can cleanse a party, but it can't be spammed in PvP (like on the FC, for example.)
I never dispelled Arcurion anyway, the damage is a joke :/

also, Zon'ozz debuff has been healed through since like 5%

Have you healed it since the last patch Sparkle? Cos I swear the damage has gone up. I lost me and a dps last time I did it and I was putting out 27k hps. That's unaceptable as super nanny would say.

On topic: I can live with the 8 secs (although, yay! Another cd to track). But there's no denying it turns some encounters into very annoying encounters indeed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]