so 8 second dispel-spell cooldown.... why?

90 Night Elf Priest
Just doing Cata heroics it's been a pain in the butt. H Shadowfang, ZA, H Lost City, H TotT...

Yes, Mass Dispel helps a little but it costs alot of mana plus it also has a CD. I understand balancing PvP and that the new encounters will keep this new dispel CD in mind, but that doesn't help people running dungeons from level 15 to 85...

09/02/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Demadex
Look, I dont care if its more powerful and can now dispell everything. I dont care that an instant spell was OP in PVP. Its a pain in the !@# on fights like LK (horrifying) and Hspine (just annoying). Whats more is that only priests and pallys can dispell diseases. So Necrotic plague sits there and bounces around and one by one takes your raid out if you have a lazy priest or an incompetent pally. The LK achieve was the last one I needed, and now it looks like I may never get it. I can live with all the changes that I think are *#!# moves from bliz, but one thing that I'm bothered by is the dispell CD. And 8 seconds??? Thats overly long and unbarable. For the love of god, please PLEASE change it back!!! /sobs

I've always thought it was a very short sighted idea on the part of Blizzard to force groups to bring a pally or priest healer for the LK fight. Now, if you do that fight according to the strat the new CD shouldn't affect you, especially being 85. You can still get that kill with little problems - the last time I went in there most of the people had never done the fight. People kept getting tossed off the platform on the 2nd phase, and by the time phase 2.5 came there was only the tank and myself (shadow). We managed to get the LK down to 10% by ourselves...I've never been sucked into Frostmourne that many times and got sick of it after a while!

Point is, a LK kill is still very feasible.
Edited by Lunanox on 9/5/2012 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
im fine with the cooldown on defensive dispels but why not put one on offensive dispels as well i.e. spellsteal, purge??? i can only dispel once every 8 seconds but in less than that time i can be completely without any magic buffs...offensive dispels should be on the same cooldown as defensive ones.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Dispels on Arcurion are busy work. It's not like dps are going to move out of the ice bombs.

Purge/spellsteal only take ONE buff away. And while I'd like to see some cost attached to spamming them, they are completely different than defensive dispels. Defensive ones are supposed to be a decision rather than a no-brainer, removing a single dot is supposed to be a waste of time.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
09/05/2012 05:46 AMPosted by Malafides
im fine with the cooldown on defensive dispels but why not put one on offensive dispels as well i.e. spellsteal, purge??? i can only dispel once every 8 seconds but in less than that time i can be completely without any magic buffs...offensive dispels should be on the same cooldown as defensive ones.

This.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I miss the Dispel Reflex, as now I sit in a CC along with a Holy Paladin and Shaman while Dots tick away if our trinkets aren't up. We're supposed to be healing through it, but with the overabundance of CC I'm not so sure this is going to work out so well. But whatever, it remains to really be seen in competitive play. I'll reserve judgement until then.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Feythylan/achievement#168:14922:a4601

Uh, I got that Achievement last Friday - with the 8 Second Dispel. Therefore, it's very hard for me to sympathize with you. The raid leader explained it really well as she needed that last one. If I can get it and I wasn't aware that it was so difficult, it certainly is doable.
Edited by Feythylan on 9/8/2012 1:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]