Can a Forsaken...

60 Undead Death Knight
Can a forsaken be necroe'd again? For example, if they were killed by the Scourge, risen by the Scourge, then killed, then risen again by the val'kyr, is that possible?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/31/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Fairaday
Can a forsaken be necroe'd again? For example, if they were killed by the Scourge, risen by the Scourge, then killed, then risen again by the val'kyr, is that possible?

Yes necrotic energies never truly leave a corpse.

What happens is that if the corpse is smote by the Light or burned by dragonflame or magical flame it disintegrates and therefore can't be risen.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
08/31/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Fairaday
Yeah sure why not? Note the fact that you're posting on a Forsaken Death Knight. If it weren't possible for necromancy to work on a fallen Forsaken then Forsaken Death Knights simply wouldn't exist. If the Val'kyr is strong enough to be infused with some of the Lich King's powers then anything is possible. You see this in icc actually. In the Frostwing Halls, the death knights with you were killed and then Svalna revived them in their same forms only working for the Scourge. If a val'kyr was powerful enough to revive a death knight then it is entirely possible that they can revive a fallen Forsaken as well.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
I don't mean by the Scourge.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
08/31/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Fairaday
Well I mean what's really the difference? You're asking for whether or not a Val'kyr is able to revive a dead Forsaken, and I'm saying that one of the more powerful Val'kyr while under the control of the Scourge was able to revive powerful death knights to be under their control. Now that the lich king is dead, their power is diminished, but I doubt that it'd be to the point that they couldn't revive a simple undead.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
08/31/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Fairaday

No, but Sylvanas now has Val'kyr under her control that should still be powerful enough to re-raise undeads. Of course, I think they'd likely still have that whole issue of forgotten memories, but... who's to say their memories wouldn't be perfectly intact? After all, after the first time being risen, I'm sure there wasn't really a whole lot of brain anymore, so they must be able to retain memories through other means, ie, magically.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
In order to provide a bit of extra information to this problem, I'd just like to point out that Sylvanas was revived by three powerful Val'kyr after being killed, despite the fact that she already died two times before that. If the Val'kyr were able to revive a powerful dark ranger, it should come to no surprise that they should be able to revive another creature that has died only once before.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
And it's been shown in lore with Kel thusad that it takes more power to bring back the more powerful. Joe cobbler zombie should be no problem.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/03/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Jacksprat
And it's been shown in lore with Kel thusad that it takes more power to bring back the more powerful.
Source?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
No... that.. was the source. KT needed to sunwell to be raised. Unlike the legions of undead that were currently being raised already.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/03/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Jacksprat
No... that.. was the source. KT needed to sunwell to be raised. Unlike the legions of undead that were currently being raised already.
Except that type of resurrection was for him turning into a lich. It'd be a lot like turning Joe cobbler zombie into a death knight. If Val'kyr were around back then then Kel'thuzad likely could have been revived into his former self. But still it could be possible that they needed him to be a lich in order for the ritual to commence so i guess they just used the sunwell for it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
09/03/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Vynathlon
Except that type of resurrection was for him turning into a lich. It'd be a lot like turning Joe cobbler zombie into a death knight. If Val'kyr were around back then then Kel'thuzad likely could have been revived into his former self. But still it could be possible that they needed him to be a lich in order for the ritual to commence so i guess they just used the sunwell for it.

Eh, maybe. But he was already a powerful magic user. And Gunther Arcanus shows us that he would have already been considered a lich. And as far as I remember, the expressed purpose was to bring Kt back.
Edited by Jacksprat on 9/3/2012 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
For the record, each time a body is reanimated, it takes a greater amount of power to be done. The Val'kyr who sided with Sylvanas have lost a LOT of their power. To the point they can only rez humans.

Not elves, not forsaken, not dwarfs. And especially not worgen. There is even a quest chain in Silverpine(horde side) that explains this. The alliance send Nelves, dwarves, and worgen to fight the forsaken, your told to kill and torch the bodies, since they can't be reanimated.

Also, yes, a forsaken or DK CAN be rezzed, but it takes a LOT of power, more then is considered worth it to Sylvanas. it took 3 of the Val'kyr destroying themselves to fuel the spell in order to reanimate Sylvanas after she suffered a bullet to the back of the head. And while you may not be as powerful, your still going to always be less precious a resource then the val'kyr. So they will not kill themselves to bring you back.

And it's been shown in lore with Kel'thuzad that it takes more power to bring back the more powerful. Joe cobbler zombie should be no problem.

Also, this.
Edited by Catteline on 9/4/2012 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]