I keep crashing in WoW, it's really weird

90 Pandaren Mage
My computer keeps freezing ONLY while playing World of Warcraft. The screen freezes and the mouse and keyboard don't respond. Only way out of it is to press the restart button.

It started doing this probably 3 weeks ago

It runs 100% fine, desktop or any other game (Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Guild Wars 2), but while playing Warcraft it will totally randomly and without any form of warning, after 10, 30 minutes to a few hours it will freeze.

It started doing this probably about a month ago, I kind of ignored it but lately it's driving me absolutley nuts. I want to try and fix it before MoP is out as my plan is to return to raiding in MoP but there's no way I can raid like this, I'm lucky if I even get through a full battleground without it crashing. I don't want to buy another computer as this ones more than enough for any games I play. I've already bought a new Alienware computer back in May just cause I sorta wanted to get a new one at the time, and that one did somewhat the same thing + other things wrong right out of the box (to tons of people according to google, not just me), I soon learned how terrible Alienware customer support is and basically said !@#$ it and went back to this computer while the Alienware rots in my closet. I don't mind buying new parts if I really have to, but if you read on I don't see how it can be hardware.

-I've reinstalled Windows probably 5 times
-I've reinstalled WoW with a copied WTF/Interface folder and without. Deleted interface and redownloaded all mods I only use on an everyday basis.
-I've tried playing with a 100% default UI, it still does it.
-I've bought a new harddrive, it still does it.
-All drivers, BIOS etc should be up to date.
-I've run some memtest thing for my RAM, I forget what its name was.. memtest something? I let it run over night and nothing was reported wrong by it.
-As far as I know nothings over heating

In event log theres no errors before the crash.

My last crash was today at 2:20pm EST.

"The previous system shutdown at 2:20:14 PM on ?9/?1/?2012 was unexpected."

The last event before my computer crashed was "The Multimedia Class Scheduler service entered the running state." - But it was 20 minutes before it crashed, and it's listed as "Information" .. The only Error and Criticals that show up is saying the computer wasn't restarted properly or whatever.

I'm not huge on computers, I know some basic stuff I've picked up over the years but mainly I'm just talking to people in WoW who I know are techs and they've been trying to help but nothing works. I thought maybe its hardware but as I said it only happens in WoW.. So that makes no sense to me..

My computer specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 980 @ 3.33GHz, 3334 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
12 Gigs of RAM (Corsair brand, can't remember the specific specs, I can check later)
Video card: AMD HD Radeon 7900 series
Motherboard: Rampage Extreme III

I've really run out of ideas, if any blues or random people are able to help me out here it's much appreciated. ( **If you have an idea for me to try can you please try and explain how to do it? I might know but if its more technical then I probably don't lol)
If theres any info I forgot just ask I'll be around all weekend..

Thanks.

note before I post this: Apparently I may have been wrong and my BIOS may be out of date. I'm going to see if I can update that right now... But if it's because its out of date why would this only start happening like 3 weeks ago?

According to system info: "BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1502, 10/3/2011"

According to ASUS website ( http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/Rampage_III_Extreme/#download ) if I understand right the newest version is from 2011.11.07
Reply Quote
Wow, I have the exact same problem. I'm running an Alienware Aurora, and the whole system freezes up.
Reply Quote
Is there no help here?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Cryogenical - you need to start your own troubleshooting thread. That is how things work here. Explain the problem as best you can.

Look in your main wow folder for a folder called errors - if you have it inside will be some error.txt files. Paste the most recent full error.txt on your new thread. The entire long wall of text.

Next create a dxdiag report. Click Start then type dxdiag in search box. Click the windows tool icon that appears. Let the tool load then use the save tab along bottom.

Again paste the entire long wall of text on your new thread

Thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]