loot rules in LFR

90 Undead Warrior
I can deal with most of the changes to the game, but what Blizzard did to the loot system in LFR is just plain stupid. you can't pass or DE on somthing you dont need or all ready have. and even if you do win something you cant use, you can't even trade it to someone that can use it. Say a ilvl 384 drops, but you have a ilvl 397 all ready, it will auto roll you even though you don't need it, taking it away from someone else that DOES need it. Blizzard realy needs to put the raid loot system back the way it was... IF IT'S NOT BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT !!!! Thank You.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The general forums would be a better place for this, the blues don't read this forum really.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
lfr was broken, in this model everyone who invests time on the boss as an equal chance to win something of value to your class, not your character. I won some 384 enhance gloves, yes i would of liked to have the option of giving to another player in the raid. However, it is better that I can not join lfr and just function as a second set of dice for guildmates or friends.

edit: Read how lfr loot works, your post makes me thing you aren't understanding it correctly.
Edited by Balefire on 8/31/2012 8:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Blizzard redesigned the LFR loot rules so that you should have roughly equal chances of winning compared to the old system. The biggest difference is that the new system is much more streamlined, causes less clutter in chat, and - most importantly - reduces loot drama. You won't be losing items to players that they'll be using for their off-spec or to sell to the vendor. Of course, this also means that you may occasionally see gear that just isn't worth anything to you. Easy gold, in that case!

I've personally lost some pretty significant upgrades to players that didn't even make use of the gear. Early on in the LFR's lifespan I lost Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth to a rogue, even though it has terrible itemization for them with an on ranged attack proc and no secondary stats. Later on, I lost Kiril, Fury of Beasts to a druid with balance and restoration specs. It wasn't rare for groups of people to queue up and have multiple people roll on one item for a particular person either.

Needless to say, it's frustrating to lose items to players that just aren't going to make use of them. The new system bypasses quite a bit of that frustration and drama, although it may make things feel less rewarding if items are constantly evading you. The same can also be said for the older system, though... :)
Edited by Kodiack on 9/1/2012 5:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My alts would lose items to people who'd need on them, despite already having them, because they decided the other people in the group "didn't deserve them".

I do miss the fact that I can't give the items I don't need to others.
Reply Quote
25 Troll Warrior
Atleast the old system you see gear. I have ran several toons in lfr with the new system to only get a bag.. I would rather see the gear then to never see anything but a bag. They should have made it to where if you had the item or better you wasn't able to roll need on it, making it that only the tier gear would be free for all. As the way I see it now LFR is completely useless for me to take my alts in if I have even a less of a chance to get gear now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
how does not having to compete with someone reduce your chance for loot. I dare you to make less sense.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Only reason I can see that someone would think you're getting less loot would be you can't bring friends in to roll on and trade you loot. Of course, the toon I run in LFR has now recieved the cloth shoulders off Morchok 4 times now, would rather have the 25g at this point.
Reply Quote
16 Gnome Warlock
08/30/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Wärmonger
I can deal with most of the changes to the game, but what Blizzard did to the loot system in LFR is just plain stupid. you can't pass or DE on somthing you dont need or all ready have. and even if you do win something you cant use, you can't even trade it to someone that can use it.

A small price to pay to ensure that everyone has an equal chance to win and you can't have stuff needed and won by people who don't need it at the expense of others.

Say a ilvl 384 drops, but you have a ilvl 397 all ready, it will auto roll you even though you don't need it, taking it away from someone else that DOES need it.

It's pretty obvious you don't know how LFR loot now works. One person winning loot doesn't take loot away from anyone else. When the boss is downed, the game rolls for you. If you roll high enough, you win a piece of loot. if you don't, you get 25g. It's entirely possible for everyone to roll high enough and win something. Just because someone else wins something doesn't have any effect on whether you can, too. All you have to do is roll high enough.

Blizzard realy needs to put the raid loot system back the way it was... IF IT'S NOT BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT !!!! Thank You.

It was broken. That's why they fixed it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This was on the 'Mists of Pandaria' forum and it explains it pretty well.

http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/rjp/LFRloot.png

I'm pro the new loot system.
The only real disadvantage is you can't get anything DE-ed, which, I personally don't care about if I'm running LFR. If I wanted mats for Enchanting, I'll run dungeons or farm gold for the mats itself.

09/10/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Couchvortex
One person winning loot doesn't take loot away from anyone else. When the boss is downed, the game rolls for you. If you roll high enough, you win a piece of loot.

My favourite part. Getting one piece doesn't take it away from someone else.
The chance at getting loot probably felt inflated before because people went with friends. Think about it, how many pieces of loot did you ACTUALLY win?
Edited by Justy on 9/10/2012 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
16 Gnome Warlock

The chance at getting loot probably felt inflated before because people went with friends. Think about it, how many pieces of loot did you ACTUALLY win?

And not only was your chance inflated because you could get your friends to roll for you, but it also deflated the chance for other people who genuinely needed an item since instead of only rolling against the 3-4 other people that actually needed something, people had to roll against the 3-4 people that actually needed it, plus the 5 friends of the one guy who brought half his guild, plus the 3 people looking for transmogrification crap, plus the 4 greedy pricks that roll need on everything just to see if they can trade it later, and the 1 guy who rolls need on everything for his "vendor spec."

The thing is, in and of itself, the old system was fine for a group of 25 non-pricks. But you never get that in LFR. WE messed it up and Blizzard is now forced to fix a problem that WE caused. So you get the new LFR loot system, which is 100% inherently a fair system and cannot be gamed. The pros extremely outweigh any cons, so OP, you're just going to have to buck up and live with it.
Edited by Couchvortex on 9/10/2012 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

The thing is, in and of itself, the old system was fine for a group of 25 non-pricks.

This is the main reason I like the new system. Removes the loot trolls.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Bump^
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
you winning something, doesn't lower the chance of someone else getting something. Everyone has a chance of getting loot. It doesn't pick a certain number of people to give loot to. They said recently that there's a small chance that all 25 people could get loot off of one boss if they all happen to roll luckily.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]