Blizz broke Karazhan Chess event.

I went in with my friend to help him through a quick Kara run, hes never completed it so it was for his achievement. I got roadblocked at the Chess event which appears to be much more difficult than it used to be for a few reasons.

Ive seen king Llane pass through pawns and move 2 spaces, I've seen pawns move 2 spaces with no cooldown.

And to top it off, Medivh cheats more often than normal. There were points where ALL of his pieces were buffed and as soon as I was able to move from a fire patch, he cheats again.

I don't expect Blizz to fix this but it's a shame because no one can get the achieve now without a whole group of people.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I went in with my friend to help him through a quick Kara run, hes never completed it so it was for his achievement. I got roadblocked at the Chess event which appears to be much more difficult than it used to be for a few reasons.

Ive seen king Llane pass through pawns and move 2 spaces, I've seen pawns move 2 spaces with no cooldown.

And to top it off, Medivh cheats more often than normal. There were points where ALL of his pieces were buffed and as soon as I was able to move from a fire patch, he cheats again.

I don't expect Blizz to fix this but it's a shame because no one can get the achieve now without a whole group of people.

Actually, you can solo it- if you have a lot of time, patience, and a bit of luck on your side. A friend of mine managed to do it but only after a lot of cussing and tries.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Just kinda seconding this. The chess event is borked fo' sho'. I watched my husband solo it as he had done many times before, and within a few moments, Medivh had cheated six times and basically all his pieces were on the opposite side of the board already (which was covered in fire). Even with a group, I don't think this would be simple.

I'm a little bummed about it, because the Airship in ICC broke with Cata and it remains broken to this day - so hopes are low for seeing this resolved.

That said, I think this would belong with bugs rather than general.
Reply Quote
We did it as a guild group of 5 and failed to win the chess game 4 or 5 times before we finally one. Medivh is cheating all over the place and when he does cheat, he's not just setting a couple squares on fire, it's the entire side of the board you're playing on. Definitely something has changed since the patch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Hmm, this stinks. I'll try to get in there tomorrow and see what I see. I've solo'd Chess perhaps a handful of times, I really like that place. It'd be a shame if Blizz was trying to take away the ability to solo your way through the instance.
Reply Quote
82 Orc Death Knight
Check the bug forums it's a known issue that they're going to fix eventually.
Reply Quote
Medivh cheats! What can I say? Consider any bugs not in your favor, a cheat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I also tried soloing this chess boss. After an hour of cussing my head off i decided to log off and go drink. I guess this chieve will never happen :(
Reply Quote
Yeah if Gunship is any indication, Chess event will be very low on the totem pole of fixes to be done :/
Reply Quote
53 Orc Warrior
lol i 3 manned it in 10 minutes like a month ago. Its very easy.
Reply Quote
78 Undead Warlock
09/01/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Jelkorcraw
lol i 3 manned it in 10 minutes like a month ago. Its very easy.

-.-
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I think it would be best if you posted this in the Bug Report forum. I have to agree though, I went in there this week and it is more definitely bugged.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/01/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Lorelaî
I think it would be best if you posted this in the Bug Report forum. I have to agree though, I went in there this week and it is more definitely bugged.

It's listed in the known issues sticky as something that's on the table to fix.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
09/01/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Gávinn
OHhhh imagine that...a raid achievement that you need a raid for...

Whats with the snide comment? almost all your raid achievements were earned after cataclysm launched.

This is a bug, one that causes the difficulty to increase far beyond blizzards original design intent. Get off your high horse.
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Mage
Hey look at that after blizz takes home 150,000,000 before taxes. and Karazan is a busted...... Awesome! If your updating it and its bugged dont give us false hope just lock the damn door.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
I've heard this is broken even for groups with multiple people... i.e. not just a "I can't solo this"

I recommend posting about it to the CR forums. Old raid content should still be raidable by an actual raid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
It's bugged at the moment, Medivh cheats a lot more than he used to. It's also been put on the list of errors to fix. No worries!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I heard about it when someone asked GC about it on twitter. I think they will probably have it fixed come expansion time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Our level 70 raiders needed about eight tries at this yesterday afternoon, and getting it done was probably just pure luck really. We started out with six players, and then pulled in two more to get it done, though I'm not sure whether it was the numbers or just luck in the end.

Either way, here's hoping they fix it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]