Druid Guardian QoL suggestions.

90 Orc Hunter
After playing my Bear and talking to a few other Bear Druids I've been thinking of what kind of QoL tweaks would solve some of the issues I've and some other Bears I know been having. I understand there are some great Theorycrafters who might feel different but I welcome your suggestions as they are valued (Think Fasc, the mighty guardian).

1:

Since Rage is so valued for survivability and you have broken up the Druid trees can you please look into Guardian Druids keeping their Rage percentage when shifting out of Bear. This is an issue when we have to mount to the next pack of mobs/trash or use some kind of flight mount (like DS). Or maybe add a Glyph so we have to make a decisions for this convenience:

Glyph of the Raging Bear (Guardian):

Instead of giving you 10 Rage when shifting into Bear form, you now retain your Rage while shifting into Human, Travel or Flight form.

2:

A look at Lacerate, I think this could use a buff in the proc Mangle department, possibly a 10-15% increase to make it 30-40% chance.

Possibly a slightly different Maul Glyph that removes the snare and gives addition damage or reduces the Rage cost.

Lastly one I would LOVE to see a slight tweak to Bear Hug. If the Target is immune to stun it would be awesome to see it raised from 10% to 25%. Since this has a 1 minute CD it would be a great snap agro tool.

Oh one more thing, is it me or does 10 second Berserk seem a tad bit low?

Thank you!
Edited by Ningos on 9/1/2012 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Part of this is just me being bitter but only to point out the deeper flaws you haven't picked up on during months of beta testing.
1. Be glad you don't still shift out of form while drinking a health pot like in BC.
2. Add Thrash and Faerie Fire (yes, Faerie Fire) to your rotation so you mindlessly use every GCD with an ability that can reset mangle.
3. Take Maul off your bar. Seriously.
4. We've been asking for that for months. No dice.
5? The proper way to look at Berserk now is as a survival cooldown. 10 seconds is pretty standard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
I can see #1 being an issue if there are encounters in MoP that force out of Bear form for some reason. I don't know if there are though.

Berserk is far too weak (especially in comparison to Incarnation) and has inconsistent behaviour. It should be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
1. IMO rage is less of an issue now than it was before. If you're facing an ugly pull with no rage try starting it with barkskin to cover you while you build rage. I actually like the challenges of rage, it's what gives the bear (and presumably the warrior) flavor.

2. Working thrash and FFF into the rotation I have no issue with the way lacerate is now.

3. God knows they need to do something with Maul. Its current state is "fail."

4. Totally agree. A very cool idea for an ability that I never use.

Berserk needs work.
Reply Quote
We are bottom tanks for heavy magic fights that is about the only problem with the druid atm
the only improvement they could do 2 the druid tank would be 2 make FR overheals go into a damage absorb.
Reply Quote
15 Undead Rogue
We are bottom tanks for heavy magic fights that is about the only problem with the druid atm
the only improvement they could do 2 the druid tank would be 2 make FR overheals go into a damage absorb.

I was under the impression druids have the highest baseline damage reduction, and FR can be a powerful tool if timed correctly after a big magic blast.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/01/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Ningos
(Think Fasc, the mighty guardian)

D'awwww

1:

Possibly problematic beyond T14 and certainly not a bad idea. However, nothing I'm aware of specifically forces us out to cast anything unless we don't have NS and we NEED to hard cast Rebirth and we MUST get back to Bear quickly. I like it though.

2:

We already hit Lacerate a lot anyway, not as if this would really up its usage much. On the other side, this ups our chance at a Mangle proc before natural CD is up from 43.75% to upwards of 55%, which isn't super high. I'm not sure what this is suggesting though, more reasons to hit Lacerate (we hit it a lot and it does a lot of damage already) or simply more Mangle procs (we get a lot of these as well).

This I'd like. Maul has issues in that I know of no situations where we'll be freely DPSing in Bear without needing to worry about Rage stockpiling, and we certainly won't bother with it even on easy content because FR trivializes it so nicely. Only at friggin huge levels of Vengeance do we get high damage additions out of Maul... which obviously means never used because we're taking friggin huge levels of damage. Maul needs some love.

Would love to see this amplified such that we just see it used more often than PvP. Its a cool spell and the damage scaling with our Health is wonderful, but sadly gets no use in PvE outside of trash and boss adds. Damage might need to be QUITE so high but I like it.

Oh one more thing, is it me or does 10 second Berserk seem a tad bit low?

Compared to Incarnation... yes... yes it does. Even with Soul of the Forest amplifying its usefulness, as Arielle said it has some bug/tweaks/oddities about it. Berserk needs some more oomph rather than being Incarnation-Lite.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'd be happy if they allowed the rage from mangle to occur even if Mangle misses. Call it a product of "WTF GODDA--" on my low level druid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Anybody else bothered that the Guardian's active mitigation ability for physical damage is avoidance with no actual mitigation component?

45% dodge is a LOT. But it's still adding to the RNG heap rather than smoothing it out like Shield Block or bypassing it altogether like Shield of the Righteous.

(Note that I haven't looked at any potential changes that will go live on Tuesday that aren't live now. So if they're changing Savage Defense to be something more reliable, I will be a happy Tail.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Anybody else bothered that the Guardian's active mitigation ability for physical damage is avoidance with no actual mitigation component?

45% dodge is a LOT. But it's still adding to the RNG heap rather than smoothing it out like Shield Block or bypassing it altogether like Shield of the Righteous.

(Note that I haven't looked at any potential changes that will go live on Tuesday that aren't live now. So if they're changing Savage Defense to be something more reliable, I will be a happy Tail.)

We have higher passive mitigation to begin with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/19/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Tailosaurus

Yeah, we spent a long time screaming about the EH discrepancy throughout beta.

The response was that Blizzard disagrees, and that they think they can balance it--even though EH discrepancies have caused balance issues for three expansions running. It's the same thing they said with DKs in T11 and T12. The argument is just as stupid now as it was then.
Edited by Muspel on 9/19/2012 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/19/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Slashlove
We have higher passive mitigation to begin with.

Yeah, the armor discrepancy goes a very long way. I'm not arguing that bears are squishy against physical damage, I'm arguing that it's poor design.

I'd actually like to take a little more overall damage on my bear alt if it means having a noticable response when I push my Savage Defense button. Passive mitigation is not very interesting, and it's very hard to balance correctly when different tank classes have wildly varying levels of it. But that's just my take.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]