2k Season 11 Rated BG Team - Tryouts Sept 30

100 Worgen Mage
OOB
For those of you unfamiliar, OOB fielded a Rated Battleground team over the past two season and we are looking forward to continuing our past success in MoP. During season 11 the team peaked just over 2000 rating (2066 was the high water mark I believe) making us the highest rated team from Kael'thas. We hope to continue upon that success into Mists of Pandaria.

Despite the success, Cataclysm's tedium claimed a few of our members and now as we ramp up for Season 12 we are looking for some fresh blood. OOB may not have all of the talented individuals we need, and since 2 of the members aren't actually in OOB we are extending our tryouts to anyone on the server that is interested in participating.

RBG times were Sunday evenings from 6:30 to 10:00 PM Server. For a few weeks at the beginning of the season it is likely we may add time before/after that as well as potentially an extra day on Monday, should it not conflict with our guild's raid schedule. (This is temporary, and just to push our conquest caps high that we don't fall behind in gear as the season progresses)

If you are interested in trying out you should speak with Kelrox in game to discuss. We will have a team practice and/or tryouts on September 30th and our first evening of matches on October 7th. Our intention is to have a roster of 12 members allowing for some variation in roster and allowing for people who have to miss evenings.

All members of the team are expected to have fully gemmed and enchanted honor level gear by October 7th if they wish to participate.

Feel free to apply with any classes or specs at this time. What we need is interest, reliability, and dedication - skills can and will be learned over time, having people who can reliably be there every Sunday and/or give us appropriate notice if you can't is paramount.

I look forward to speaking with anyone interested :)
Edited by Kelrox on 9/1/2012 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Bump!! Let's put Kael'thas on the map!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
All I have available is a Hunter/Shaman/Druid on Kael'thas, but I'd be interested in joining cross-realm with either my Warlock or Death Knight.
Edited by Absôl on 9/4/2012 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
i hope hunters will be decent in rbgs this season
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
09/04/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Recdum
i hope hunters will be decent in rbgs this season

Explosive Trap, Powershot.

Nope, trash.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
OOB
Absôl - we'd prefer toons on this realm. We've certainly used x-realm folks in the past, but never to any great success in terms of retention, they seem to forget the schedule a week or two in without the calendar notice.

That being said talk to me in game and we can discuss. A death knight would be a fantastic addition. I'm on most evenings!
Edited by Kelrox on 9/5/2012 5:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Absôl - we'd prefer toons on this realm. We've certainly used x-realm folks in the past, but never to any great success in terms of retention, they seem to forget the schedule a week or two in without the calendar notice.

That being said talk to me in game and we can discuss. A death knight would be a fantastic addition. I'm on most evenings!

Sounds wonderful, I'll hopefully be on tonight around 9:30 or 10pm server on Kael'thas to discuss.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well, I would love to try out for your team again. I guess we will just have to see how it all plays out again this season (hopefully less drama). Great team to run with, and great players to know. Keep me posted if you see me online. More than likely I'll still roll a dk throughout the next xpac, but the jury is still out if I'll be power leveling a monk healer. I'm sure as the date draws closer you will figure out what spots need to be filled and keep us all posted. Much love, Raubski
Reply Quote
I'll probably be playing either a warrior or mage come MoP Kelrox. Hit me up in game or here.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
OOB
A bump. Anyone else interested is invited to try out! Absol and Shrug, sent you guys invites on the in-game calendar, looks like we're having trouble finding each other in game.

Raub - you being asked to leave was because of personal issues with a founding member outside of RBG time. If those ever get worked out you are welcome to return, as you already know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
OOB
Lets go guys! Come join us in our team with some of the most Epic Players on this server! You will raise your conquest pts cap up to 2000-2600 per week depending on our rating! Bring us your skills!

Bump!
Edited by Dracbola on 9/22/2012 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
OOB
Due to not understanding that the honor gear guys wouldn't even be spawned, we are going to push this event back. We may have to do the tryouts live during Sunday the 7th and Monday the 8th, the beginning of the RBG season for the team.

If you are interested in participating, we still might have room just for you! Contact Kelrox in game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Old thread, but I've been working on my pvp set and have my T1 weapons now, 60% resil, 53% pvp power and looking for a RBG group to run with. Any chance you'd give someone new to RBG's a chance to try out? I've played this toon for years, not much pvp, but for the most part I play him well. I take instructions well from group leader and learn and adapt pretty quickly. Also have battle grounds target addon and the blow up the healer addon ready if needed.

If your still running hit me up in game, or on here. Thanks bud.
Reply Quote
Coming into this next season, would really like to get this going again.

WHEN:
Looking to run Sunday afternoons and Monday nights.

EXPECTATIONS:
1) You are expected to have skype, have a working mic, and be vocal. No exceptions.
2) You are expected to have battleground targets and know how to assist and switch targets at the appropriate time.
3) You are expected to know how to follow directions.
4) You are expected to be on time and have time put away for both days.

Right now, am primarily searching for the following roles:

Tank (1):
-Levothan's Warrior

Healers (3):
-Kaieye (rdruid)
-Mylaaz (rsham)
-OPEN (preferably hpaladin)

DPS (6):
-Vox (monk TC)
-Kelrox (mage)
-Bastar (lock)
-Shrug (boomkin)
-Sephala (elemental)
-OPEN (preferably hunter or dk)

Will need at least 1-2 alternates to account for folks who cannot make it. Please pst me or kelrox if interested.
Edited by Vøx on 2/10/2013 7:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/04/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Vøx
2) You are expected to have battleground targets and know how to assist and switch targets at the appropriate time.

That's a pretty hefty expectation for a casual RBG team.
Reply Quote
Our expectations are super high...right up there with walk and talk at the same time.
Edited by Vøx on 2/4/2013 9:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'd like to get into the pvp scene soon. I have a healing preist and I'm leveling my warlock. Although I have recently come back to the game so I haven't ground up enough conquest on our botted as hell battlegroup.
Edited by Thundos on 2/5/2013 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If you can use a nub fury warrior, I can actually correctly switch to called targets ... shocking, I know
Reply Quote
Spots listed are still open.

I'm honestly not interested in a fury warrior, but if you were capable of tanking, that'd be great. I'd expect full resilience gems and appropriate gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]