stuck: checking for updates .......

85 Human Death Knight
So my computer has been stuck on this white box, which is the World or Warcraft Setup

There is a logo to the left screen wth a disk.

There's no bar movng but the dots are.

How long is this likely to take? Anyone know.......
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about but it shouldn't take too long. If it's the prepatch setup I believe the launcher states it should take from 15-60 minutes. If it's been going for 90 minutes then I'd start to worry.
I recommend either restarting the launcher or attempt to start the game from wow.exe
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I've never seen this box before either, it kicked in after the main screen had finished its download
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
An error message was displayed :

Could not write storage You may not have permission to write to the destination path. Please check if another application is running.

Hmmmmm, I have no dea what that means :s
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I seem to have resolved my issue, please see my other thread

Please try this - "World of Warcraft-Repair" thread title
Edited by Amilhelynn on 8/30/2012 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
im stuck in a loop of trying to start the game then it just disappears keeps saying checking for updates, then needs my permission to continue, then when i give it after like three times,, the whole game just disappears, ive shut off all my virus protection etc but still no luck any suggestions ?
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
I'm having the same problem, it only says "Checking for updates..." for maybe 5 minutes or so, and then stops and gives me this error.

"Failed to run a required program (Agent). Wait one minute and try again and if that doesn't work please restart your computer and try again."

Error Code: BLZPTS00007
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
been stuck updating setup files for 2 days solid now is there something bugged out on blizzards end or something ... i have a dedicated company T1 line and i can easily pull 500mb per second from any other down load so whats the deal with this one?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZAPPBTS0000K

check this out it just fixed the issue i was having
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I was having the same problem so I bypassed the launcher. Open up the file location and just run WOW instead of WOW Launcher. Worked for me
Reply Quote
5 Worgen Warrior
same here and its really annoying, if you find out how to fix it please let me know
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
If anything acts goofy like that on startup and you're running Windows 7, try right clicking the icon and clicking "run as administrator". This will usually fix most file permission issues and misc. startup issues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]