[Macro] Please help with: Mutilate, Dispatch.

(Locked)

I've been trying to figure out if there is such a macro to use Dispatch, if it can not, otherwise use Mutilate. I can't figure it out.

/cast !Dispatch
/cast Mutilate

This doesn't work because it won't ever use Mutilate.

I want to be able to use Dispatch when it is up with the same button as Mutilate and to use Dispatch automatically if possible, when it becomes available when a target drops below 35% hp. Which can only be done if the condition of dispatch is used first.
Edited by Sethlore on 8/31/2012 1:41 PM PDT
90 Goblin Rogue
There is no way of making a macro that automatically checks for variables such as procs or enemy health.

/cast [mod:shift] Dispatch; Mutilate

Your screen gets a big !@# glowy sigil thing. It's not that hard to see and react to it.
I can react to it, i just thought it would be faster with a macro. I know macros can't check for procs, but I think you can make a macro to use an ability, and if you can't use this one, use the other. Kinda how the stealth macro works, if you are not in stealth, you use one ability, otherwise use this ability.
Edited by Sethlore on 8/31/2012 1:48 PM PDT
08/31/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Backstabi
There is no way of making a macro that automatically checks for variables such as procs or enemy health.

Not what i was asking for anyways. Was asking for a macro to use dispatch if it is available, useable. If not use mutilate. Similar to how a stealth macro works.
90 Goblin Rogue
08/31/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Sethlore
I think you can make a macro to use an ability, and if you can't use this one, use the other. Kinda how the stealth macro works, if you are not in stealth, you use one ability, otherwise use this ability.

Stealth works because of Stance Modifiers, and for this instance, [stealth] is the modifier. So, yes, something like...

/cast [stealth] Ambush, Backstab

...works because you're in the stealth stance.

Dispatch, on the other hand, isn't a stance. It's only usable during Blindside or <35% health on a target.

Both of which, are variables that can't be checked for in a macro.

Thus, it's not possible to create a macro that automatically decides if Dispatch is usable.
85 Undead Rogue
too slow

oh well
Edited by Winnower on 8/31/2012 2:38 PM PDT
85 Human Rogue
I know macros can't check for procs, but I think you can make a macro to use an ability, and if you can't use this one, use the other.

It hasn't worked that way in a very long time. Way back in the past a macro would execute one line at a time so if one condition wasn't met it would proceed to the next. Now, however, all lines of the macro are executed at the same time. The end result makes it so if two abilities are on the GCD the macro will fail as it will try to do two attacks at the same time.

The only exceptions to this are a select few modifiers, conditions, and arguments that you can put in there to have more control over which gets executed when. None of them will ever allow you to place an execute or proc ability in place of a spammed ability on the gcd though.
oh well :-(

Thanks for the responses.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
I can react to it, i just thought it would be faster with a macro.
That's not "faster," that's, "might as well not exist." If the game checked for the proc and used the appropriate ability for you, what's the purpose of having the proc? Might as well make Mutilate do a bit of extra damage, for all the difference spamming the same one button without having to pay attention to anything would do.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/31/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Scrosheeus
I know macros can't check for procs, but I think you can make a macro to use an ability, and if you can't use this one, use the other.

It hasn't worked that way in a very long time. Way back in the past a macro would execute one line at a time so if one condition wasn't met it would proceed to the next.
How come this mount macro works then?

/cast [nomounted] Abyssal Seahorse
/cast [nomounted, swimming] Sea Turtle
/cast [nomounted] Headless Horseman's Mount
/script VehicleExit()
/dismount
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

How come this one is smart enough to know when to stop and doesn't always end with you dismounting?
Because when you hit the macro you're not mounted.

Also, don't necro threads.
90 Pandaren Rogue
good info thxs
90 Worgen Rogue
12/06/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Dannypudi
good info thxs

09/30/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Relikar
don't necro threads.
90 Human Rogue
I'm with you OP. Would be nice! I don't want to have to use a different key stroke to execute yet another finisher/proc. Meh, I'll live. :)
90 Undead Rogue
don't necro threads.
Edited by Kiljagen on 3/19/2013 9:46 AM PDT
Sorry for necro.
Noticed Woundman using a macro for mutilate that switched to dispatch on procs or <35% health. Anyone know the macro by chance?
90 Human Rogue
He probably was just using a modifier macro.
90 Goblin Rogue
There is a macro that fixes this problem:

/cast Dispatch
/logout
/delete [@Rogue]
/create [@RetPaladin]

There you go, now you can just mash this button and you'll be on your way to top DPS.
90 Human Rogue
Sorry for necro.
Noticed Woundman using a macro for mutilate that switched to dispatch on procs or <35% health. Anyone know the macro by chance?

He uses a modifier or a bar swap macro. Neither is needed. Just put it on your bar and hit it when it procs or the target is below 35%.
#showtooltip Dispatch
/startattack
/castsequence reset=0.3 1, Mutilate;
/castsequence reset=0.3 Dispatch;

enjoy
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]