Server hiccups

90 Human Paladin
Has anybody else noticed the daily server hiccups? A couple other people and I have noticed over the last couple days that, at least once a day, it seems like the server becomes unresponsive for a few minutes.

We get disconnected, then upon trying to log back in we see "Error retrieving character list." Once we are finally able to log in, the last few minutes of time before we got dc'ed seem to have been rolled back.

Was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this happening, and if anybody knows what's actually going on.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I've played other games where if the login sever goes down the game server will keep running but not save progress. They'd have to restart the server and that causes a rollback. I don't know Blizz's setup so I can't say for sure if that is the case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]