I've been having a hard time weighing the pros and cons of Holy Avenger and Divine purpose, and wanted to convey some thoughts to you all in hopes of engaging in an enlightening discussion about these two talents.
1) On demand cooldown, you can save it when on the ropes or trying to get that little boost you need to secure a kill.
2) 30% bonus damage to Holy Power Generators. (we don't HEAL with holy power generators, so the 30% only applies to Judgment, HoW, Exo, HotR, and Crusader)
3) A 2 minute cooldown gives us a great ability to macro our 2 minute on use trinket. Having wings on a 3 minute cooldown really messed up the synergy I had with my on use trinket.
4) Gives us a small window every 6 minutes or so to blow Wings, Avenger, and Guardian at the same time to really lay down some pressure.
1) Being a cooldown, especially with the new Ashbringer graphic, makes us a huge glowing "CC ME NOW" beacon. Nothing sucks more than popping your precious 2 minute cooldown only to get chain CCed/silenced, rendering it next to useless. (only takes a silence here, stun there, AoE fear there, and its all gone)
2) Even with moderate haste and using the generally accepted rotation, I still run into free globals with this talent. Not often, but it's noticeably different from the sustained flow of DP.
1) Can chain proc, allowing subsequent finishers or heals. You can't rely on it, but 25% is a pretty nice chance at the rate in which we pump out Verdicts and WoGs.
2) In the chance of being chain CCed, losing a proc doesn't feel like the end of the world. Having 8 seconds to spend the proc allows a lot of breathing room in between CCs to squeeze that WoG or Inquisition Refresh out of it. Being incapacitated during a DP proc just kinda sucks, being locked down during wings/avenger is like eating a d*ck sandwich.
3) Eases the rough spots in the rotation, allowing that extra global when your generators are only a second away from being off. Also, from my experience, Divine purpose being set at 8 seconds lets you stockpile the proc to a degree. Say you're at 5 holy power and some generators are about to come off CD, you Templar Verdict into a proc, sit on the proc until all your generators are used, then unleash the proc while sitting on enough resources for another, both with a chance to proc DP again.
4) Has good synergy with the Popular Templar's Verdict and Word of Glory glyphs. Having those procs thrown into our normal rotation increases the up time of the buffs these glyphs provide.
1) Being RNG, DP has it's moments where it never ever ever procs, ever.
2) Sacrifices an on demand burst cooldown, which could really swing the tide of a fight. If you lost a really close fight in which you received very few if any DP procs, you'd be kicking yourself thinking how Avenger could've improved on that particular encounter
I've been switching between the two on and off for the past few days, trying to get a feel for both. I find myself leaning more toward Divine purpose, mostly because I like how it supplements our normal rotation. I've always been a sucker for procs anyway, RNG or not, flashy shinnies on the screen let me boom boom and make me happy.
TLDR; If you don't feel like reading my wall of text, what is your stance on these talents from a (casual) PVP standpoint? Explain and keep an open mind.