RP realms get special treatment?

90 Undead Rogue
08/29/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Lansuer
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/roleplaying-policy
I just read this , and i can not explain the level of zionism this invigorates.

So Role-Playing realms are designed for people who avail places distinguished for acting like the stuff in WoW actually exist and use it as a solution to escape from their in very much need of revamping lives?

I'm not saying there is only 1 way to play wow, of course there isn't. But now this really makes me more omniscient as to why people have been known for succumbing to Blizzards infamous World of Warcraft - Because there is a segregated region that promotes a discriminating ambience.

So according to this [Role-Playing Policy], players may be culpable for not corresponding with the realms primary subpoena. So in other words Blizzard and other Role-Players; if a player does not divulge a unison of role-playing, then that player must be very assiduous with being adherent to your majority of the protocol. If they do not do so, they will face objectionable and repugnant repercussion.

How is this even avertible? When people first join this game and choose a realm, it is always amaurotic because they do not have enough knowledge on that specified location to know how to choose their abode. If this is the quota for joining a Role-Playing realm, at least give this link or a census to the guidelines they are expected to follow once they have clicked on that realm so they may be more prudent and acquainted with this disarrangement.
Edited by Lethalvenom on 9/2/2012 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I was scrolling through some of the topics on the general forums and i found this. It was some fundamental information to find out that RP realms are specified for people who take this game way too seriously.

What about the tip "Take all things in moderation. Even World of Warcraft."
Now you really know Blizzard is just pettifogging and being frivolous with their tips because this contradicts everything about that tip.

I actually picked Moon Guard as my first realm. I leveled a character to 8, went to darnausses,(or however you spell it), and i was recruited to a guild. Little did i know that i was interrupting a wedding between the GM and his Raidleader. I was kicked shortly after, and i also quit for like a month because i hated the treatment i faced on that realm and falsely assumed it to be the behavior of all WoW realms.

TL:DR - Role-Playing realms should not be around because it only manifest a convention for freaks and weirdo's. But am i the only one who did not know that Blizzard actually enforces rules that do not relate to Role-Playing on that specified realms? The above comment is mine, please tell me if i am mal-informed in any area.
Edited by Lethalvenom on 9/2/2012 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
http://i.imgur.com/oidTI.jpg
Reply Quote
“For me, a smatt’ring of that, you snool,
You ancephalous keeper,
And lickety-split,
With none of your wit,
Or a donnybrook’ll get you deeper’.”

“Well la-di-da, what folderal
Is spewing from your mouth?
I’ll get your collop,
And more than a dollop,
I’m no yahoo from the south.”

“What-ho a fuddy-duddy
And a might bit too bold for me
Bah, oocephalus,
Your words are malice,
By dusk, you’ll be a gaberlunzie.”

“A threat, I see, has crossed our paths,
You’ll get the hoosegaw, yet
No hocus-pocus,
But more of focus,
Till wabbit comes ill met.”

And starting that day,
They fought until May,
When the panacea came
They each talked their blather
But neither would rather
Give up argle-bargle for shame.
No indignity, said,
Would disgrace their head
So they gonzoogled with much billingsgate
They ended up gone
And when light came at dawn
They’d brawled till their madness was sate.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Role-Playing realms should not be around because it only manifest a convention for freaks and weirdo's.

What gives you the right to determine what is "fun" for people or not? There is nothing wrong with roleplay servers and I applaud blizzard for keeping people who try to ruin other people's fun in that playstyle off their servers.

You base your "opinion" on faulty logic and complete ignorance of the playstyle. Correction to base it on 8 levels of gameplay and one bad personal experience. Hardly a scientific sample to base your assumption on.

One of my old history teachers back in the day had a saying that applies here.

Assume Nothing

Stop using assumptions to base your conclusions on, it makes you look silly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I used to write essays and papers like this in highschool, just replace every 5th or so word with a smart sounding synonym. Very amusing. And by that I mean it was very regaling to compose a composition to exhibit to my compatriots in my alma mater by using an equivalent of the same utterance. I give this 8/10.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
09/02/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Chaosphere
compose a composition to exhibit to my compatriots
Right, sorry if you are just uneducated and assumed i was trying to heighten my post by using what you think are "big words".

09/02/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Lizon

Lizon there is a difference between asking for maturity on the realms and demanding everyone have names like kelmarothas or any other one of those names Blizzard gives you from the randomize button.

I am not even sure if you read the whole post because the topic is also about how people do not follow the labels of the realms. Take Illdan realm for example; the population ratio on that realm is like 1 alliance for every 10 horde, and of course Blizzard can't regulate or force the realms to be congruent faction wise but along with that realm being excessively unbalanced it is also not even a pvp realm. Sure some of those players pvp and have nice gear and get top ratings, but the majority of them pve..on a pvp realm.

That was just 1 scenario that i chose to explain. There is also another where i was on a pve realm and it was completely pvp with no signs of pvers at all. Aside from me whining about my bad experiences on the realms, i make a much more valid point then anyone seems to have noticed. Blizzard can't make these disarrangement's of realms because it is unwanted and asks for too much. So if Blizzard wants to enforce these rules for RP realms then they might as well take away BG ques from Pve realms and Dungeon ques from Pvp Realms so as not to confuse anyone why there is a label on that realm that nobody pays notice to.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/02/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Lethalvenom
compose a composition to exhibit to my compatriots
Right, sorry if you are just uneducated and assumed i was trying to heighten my post by using what you think are "big words".

Lizon there is a difference between asking for maturity on the realms and demanding everyone have names like kelmarothas or any other one of those names Blizzard gives you from the randomize button.

I am not even sure if you read the whole post because the topic is also about how people do not follow the labels of the realms. Take Illdan realm for example; the population ratio on that realm is like 1 alliance for every 10 horde, and of course Blizzard can't regulate or force the realms to be congruent faction wise but along with that realm being excessively unbalanced it is also not even a pvp realm. Sure some of those players pvp and have nice gear and get top ratings, but the majority of them pve..on a pvp realm.

That was just 1 scenario that i chose to explain. There is also another where i was on a pve realm and it was completely pvp with no signs of pvers at all. Aside from me whining about my bad experiences on the realms, i make a much more valid point then anyone seems to have noticed. Blizzard can't make these disarrangement's of realms because it is unwanted and asks for too much. So if Blizzard wants to enforce these rules for RP realms then they might as well take away BG ques from Pve realms and Dungeon ques from Pvp Realms so as not to confuse anyone why there is a label on that realm that nobody pays notice to.

Needs more big words.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Still not trying hard enough. It's so exciting to see the young talent attempting duskwood trolling, I still remember lethalvenom when he was just another bad rogue on the server. The kids grow up so fast!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/02/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Chaosphere
Still not trying hard enough. It's so exciting to see the young talent attempting duskwood trolling, I still remember lethalvenom when he was just another bad rogue on the server. The kids grow up so fast!

Now all the other rogues left. He's still bad though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

No you are the one who doesn't understand. A PvP server does not mean that everyone thee must PvP nor does a PvE server mean that everyone must PvE. Those designations only serve to define the player experience for those in the open world. Nothing more and nothing less.

A Roleplay server is difference because the player experience is centered on player SOCIAL interactions. This is something that is beyond the control of blizzard through in game coded mechanics. Thus the need for a strict public policy and GM's to help regulate and enforce those interactions to ensure a positive game experience for those who prefer that playstyle.

There is a difference between what you can control in game with coded mechanics (PvP On or PvP Off) versus what you can't (Social Interactions).

If this is beyond your mental horizon to comprehend then may whatever God you believe in have mercy on your poor little soul because you are an idiot.
Edited by Lizon on 9/3/2012 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
09/03/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Lizon
There is a difference between what you can control in game with coded mechanics (PvP On or PvP Off) versus what you can't (Social Interactions).

That's not what I'm saying damn it! If Blizzard wants to do this then they need to isolate the role players from social freedom realms like the pvp/pve realms and list them with the intricate realms like Argent Tournament or Oceanic that are created for the specific kinds of people/people interest, and role-playing very much falls in that category if not more then an argent tournament which is just another form of a pvp realm.
Edited by Lethalvenom on 9/3/2012 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They do separate them as PvE RP Realms and PvP RP Realms. It even tells new players the differences between the realms. If the player is too stupid to read then it's their own damn fault for choosing wrong. Not Blizzards.

Individual Responsibility

The devil didn't make you do it.

Neither did your boss, company policy, the law or your superior officer.

I didn't have a choice is impossible.

Just stop posting and save your breath. You will accomplish nothing more in this thread.
Edited by Lizon on 9/3/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So you're saying.. it's almost like they need an "RP" designation?

http://i.imgur.com/RMSI9.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Moonguard is the holy grail of ALL servers, not just RP servers. ^.^
Reply Quote
It's quite amusing the run around Goldshire.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Fine. You guys think what you want, but i seem to not be the only one who thinks this. I may be right, but for the wrong reasons - but you are sure right but for the wrong reasons.

I would never have made this thread if i hadn't read the other thread about RP realms wanting individuality and separatism. So, when Blizzard obliges to segregate the RP realms from the others, then i will be victories. Nice having this chat suckas xD
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
09/02/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Lethalvenom

A wall of long, archaic, or technical words will lose your audience before you ever get them. You fell into the same trap that Christopher Paolini and Ayn Rand did: trying to sound smart to improve your godawful writing. Overuse of a thesaurus won't help you. Taking too long to say something while being overly verbose just causes people to gloss over or ignore entire sentences. Use less words; give them more weight.

But now this really makes me more omniscient as to why people have been known for succumbing to Blizzards infamous World of Warcraft - Because there is a segregated region that promotes a discriminating ambience.

The above quote demonstrates exactly what's wrong with your writing: everything. You're just regurgitating TL;DR-sized essays of nonsense onto the internet with no knowledge of how to get readers other than clogging up the (empty) realm forums. Get a blog, man.

09/03/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Lethalvenom
I may be right, but for the wrong reasons - but you are sure right but for the wrong reasons.

This makes absolutely no sense. Also I agree with Delinquent and that warlock. Your pants-on-head-dumb arguments, high school level writing, and overall unfamiliarity with human communication leads me to believe you're a lonely awkward teenager desperate for someone to listen to you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
09/04/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Torumin
Your pants-on-head-dumb arguments,
WTF? Get the hell off my thread unless you are going to post about the thread. I don't care to hear about how retarded you people are. You make no point except that you are uneducated as hell. Did you even bother reading the blog or did you feel like you should get your chance to pile on to this stupid thread? Talking to people in Duskwood is like trying to play sports with the special olympics team because none of you can keep up. Do yourself a favor and delete your characters and your account because nobody wants to hear from you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Your pants-on-head-dumb arguments,
WTF? Get the hell off my thread unless you are going to post about the thread.

He WAS talking about the thread— about how bad it was.
Edited by Balmazer on 9/4/2012 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]