RP realms get special treatment?

90 Undead Warlock
Don't worry guys, Lethalvenom is "omniscient" meaning "all-knowing". We are good now. Thank goodness we have a god in our midst.

oh and torumin, this is warlock is ôblivion!
Edited by Chaosphere on 9/4/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/04/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Chaosphere

is it?
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Mage
09/04/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Chaosphere

Your name wasn't a Mastodon song title so I didn't know :(
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warrior
better!?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/01/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Lethalvenom
TL:DR - Role-Playing realms should not be around because it only manifest a convention for freaks and weirdo's.

This particular toon spent all of WotLK on the RP realm Blackwater Raiders (under the name Kalia, still have my lvl 10 there with the name). A friend wanted to level new alts together, we had no interest in role-playing and she just randomly picked the realm as the name Blackwater Raiders sounded appealing. It was essentially like any other pve realm with the addition of an increased chance to meet other players interested in role-playing.

Only once did I see or hear about a forced name change (a shaman named Feelmyudderz). No one would have cared if your character was named Lethalvenom unless you went out of your way to act like a complete jerk or harass other players. Unless you were in an RP guild, hung out in Goldshire or Silvermoon you would have been hard pressed to find players role-playing. Met some really great pve and pvp players while I was there that had no interest in role-playing. Also met a few really skilled players that were very much into role-playing within their own guild and friends. In fact the last really good pve guild through ICC on that realm was run by few rank 1 pvp players. Seeing Brutal and Vengeful Gladiators on an RP realm doesn't exactly fit in with your quote listed above.

Put down the thesaurus and don't try to impress ppl with big words. Focus more on playing the game for yourself instead of worrying about what's happening on some far off realm. Does it really matter or affect you in any way? Try logging in with the focus of "what can I accomplish today as a player?" not "I wonder what [insert player, guild or realm name] is doing?". It's a waste of time and time is one thing in life you can never reclaim.

Live and let live.
Edited by Keari on 9/5/2012 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
09/05/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Keari
No one would have cared if your character was named Lethalvenom unless you went out of your way to act like a complete jerk or harass other players. Unless you were in an RP guild, hung out in Goldshire or Silvermoon you would have been hard pressed to find players role-playing.
Well I'm not going to argue with you Keari because 1. You seem to know what you are talking about 2. You're that awesome =P. (I can relate, but i will say this. Silvermoon wouldn't press on me, i have an alt there and the people are amazing and far better than Duskwood.)

The rest of you are just turning this thread into a circle-jerk and have run the thread into the ground. You can keep pettifogging if that makes you happy, but i am done here. I'll just remember next time to watch out for illiterate people.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

but i am done here.

Woohoo.
Edited by Balmazer on 9/6/2012 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
1. You seem to know what you are talking about 2. You're that awesome =P. (I can relate, but i will say this. Silvermoon wouldn't press on me, i have an alt there and the people are amazing and far better than Duskwood.)

I'm never going to be "awesome" no matter how hard I try, I have severe OCD and a job that has allowed me to tote an outdated hard drive to work so I can queue for BGs while waiting for client proof approvals. Every and any PVE achievement can be easily cross-realmed nowadays. The only RP realm I've ever played on was the aforementioned BWR and I would never create a toon on an RP realm again. While I met some really great players there, I'm personally not into RP and recruiting for PVE raid content was abysmal. I left bcs it was located on a PST data center where I normally sat at 185-ish ms and on Duskwood I'm at 15 ms (seeing as how it's an NY data center and I reside in the city of cheese steaks, Brotherly Love and the Liberty Bell [one steak wit wiz plz @ Pat's]).

<Synapse> used to be named <Silhouette> when we were on BWR. We looked at 17 different realms and when we asked in trade Horde-side "how is this realm for PVE progression?" the guild <Anomaly> was the first and only to give us an honest answer. Usually we received responses like "go away" or "dis realm is teh sucks"'. I believe it was Disturbia (sp?) that said "this server isn't the best but it isn't the worst either. It's like a small family where everyone looks out for each other." Times may have changed but that was the selling point for the majority of my friends transferring to Duskwood. With cross realm queuing and the new shared realm areas, to me a realm is merely an AH and a place you log out at night. With all that said, I think players that are totally into RP should have their own choice of realms just as much as PVP players, that could care less about killing dragons, should be able to choose PVP centric realms. To each their own and we all pay the same monthly fee.
Edited by Keari on 9/7/2012 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

TL:DR - Role-Playing realms should not be around because it only manifest a convention for freaks and weirdo's. But am i the only one who did not know that Blizzard actually enforces rules that do not relate to Role-Playing on that specified realms? The above comment is mine, please tell me if i am mal-informed in any area.

So basically what your saying is to take away what others have fun doing? That sounds a little biased much?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/07/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Keari
1. You seem to know what you are talking about 2. You're that awesome =P. (I can relate, but i will say this. Silvermoon wouldn't press on me, i have an alt there and the people are amazing and far better than Duskwood.)

I'm never going to be "awesome" no matter how hard I try, I have severe OCD and a job that has allowed me to tote an outdated hard drive to work so I can queue for BGs while waiting for client proof approvals. Every and any PVE achievement can be easily cross-realmed nowadays.

We seem to be living the same lives, also we are probably close neighbors :P I'm in Philly every weekend around the Fishtown area, usually hang out down in Northern Liberties as well. Lots of friends out there, some in some top end guilds. Warcraft BBQ imo :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
the guild <Anomaly> was the first and only to give us an honest answer. Usually we received responses like "go away" or "dis realm is teh sucks"'. I believe it was Disturbia (sp?) that said "this server isn't the best but it isn't the worst either. It's like a small family where everyone looks out for each other."

I'm glad that disturbia and our guild had a hand in bringing a fine guild over. Makes my heart warm!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
the guild <Anomaly> was the first and only to give us an honest answer. Usually we received responses like "go away" or "dis realm is teh sucks"'. I believe it was Disturbia (sp?) that said "this server isn't the best but it isn't the worst either. It's like a small family where everyone looks out for each other."

I'm glad that disturbia and our guild had a hand in bringing a fine guild over. Makes my heart warm!

Hey Keari, it's me Disturbia. I definitely remember that and I'm glad you remember me :). It honestly makes me sad to read those words I said back at the tail end of Wrath, because it only took one expansion to change Duskwood (in my eyes). Though it will always be my first home, I was just saddened by how many of my Duskwood "family members" had moved on. That's why I chose to strike out on a new server - to see if the grass really was greener on the other side. At my heart, though, I'm still just a small town girl ;).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, Lethalvenom, I'm saying this with complete sincerity. I can't read what you write because it's impossible to decipher the meaning behind your posts. You pepper them with "big" words, sure. However, it's not because we're illiterate that we don't understand you. Rather, it's that the words you choose are flat out misused. I'm sorry if you feel that this is an attack on you, but I assure you it's not. Perhaps my friends aren't very polite in getting their point across (and no one ever pegged a few of these suckers as the most polite in the bunch lol) , but everyone's telling you the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/07/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Rowen
Perhaps my friends aren't very polite in getting their point across

Pfft. What are you talking about?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
09/07/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Balmazer
You're @$$holes. Like i said, circle-jerk.
Edited by Lethalvenom on 9/7/2012 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/07/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Lethalvenom
You're @$$holes. Like i said, circle-jerk.

Wow, rude.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
can keep pettifogging

Uses big word, and uses it wrong? Check.
watch out for illiterate people.

Calling others illiterate? Check.
Gtfo off my thread noobs.

Gtfo off

Doesn't understand acronyms? Check.

Nothin' to see here.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Goddammit Unum why did you pick a crappy name goddammit.

I hate Antimatter! It doesn't do !@#$! It just blows stuff up! Stuff like...our friendship T.T

And yes I am still bitter about yall leaving, bastards.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Goddammit Unum why did you pick a crappy name goddammit.

I hate Antimatter! It doesn't do !@#$! It just blows stuff up! Stuff like...our friendship T.T

And yes I am still bitter about yall leaving, bastards.

Whoa Killer Tofu! Didn't know anyone was still in that guild on Duskwood to invite you.

To be fair, antimatter only blows up normal matter, maybe it's time you joined the anti side?

PS I LOVE YOU SERALIN
(And how you always managed to forget what Aura Mastery is... and all your other CDs... and sometimes normal spells)
Edited by Balmazer on 9/12/2012 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]