The 5.1 Feral DPS Guide

(Sticky)

90 Troll Druid

It's not broken for me. I have Berserk on my Icons 2 bar, and when I use Berserk it pops up with duration and cooldown.

woah.... wait. faction changed?

when?

Back in June. Started a second job working nights in February, had to stop raiding. Met a guy who also worked nights looking for Heroic 10 man progression, so I factioned, transferred and I'm leading a 10 man (If I can ever finish filling my roster with competent, dedicated, raiders) raid team.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Just thought I should mention this but it seems Feline Swiftness can be put in the beyond useless category. Since the latest restart it seems they have ripped it to shreds and it stacks absolutely 0% with cat form's natural speed..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/01/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Ralorn
Just thought I should mention this but it seems Feline Swiftness can be put in the beyond useless category. Since the latest restart it seems they have ripped it to shreds and it stacks absolutely 0% with cat form's natural speed..

Just thought I should mention this but it seems you can quit overreacting about an obvious bug resulting from the quick fix of Feral's insane stacking speeds. Thank you for not posting. Have a nice day.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Droodfocus

What I did to fix the tracking on all the new broken abilities on the addon is go into the menu via /df options and click on practice after deleting the problem spells from the spell list.
Hit enter in the practice window and attack a target dummy and proc all the spells you want and then hit leave in the practice window and it will as if you want to add the spells you just used to the list. Hit yes and it will correctly add the spells into the spell list.

Droodfocus is a very helpful mod and very customizable. Best of luck.

Edit: Konungr! There you are. I used to use your armory as a quick guide after long breaks. But this time you were gone! :P wow that sounded stalkerish.
Edited by Trombone on 9/1/2012 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/01/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Trombone
Edit: Konungr! There you are. I used to use your armory as a quick guide after long breaks. But this time you were gone! :P wow that sounded stalkerish.

Lol, don't worry about it brother, I get it all the time. It might have been stalkerish, but I think I have a miniature cult following out there somewhere, so when it's more than just one person, it's a bit less weird. When in doubt, I'm the Original Konungr, and I only play a Feral Druid, always have, always will. So when you Armory, just choose the Konungr that is a Feral Druid and has a crap-ton of Achievement points.

On a side note, I will be updating my complete UI thread over on the Tuk Forums within the next few days, once it's complete, I'll be posting links for it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Very nice guide, Alarron. I'm finding that I'm not a fan of the Savage Roar reversion. It feels too restrictive. We have great tools, but now it feels like they're packaged in too small a kit. I'm an avid desync-er, even at that, it can be tough keeping rip rolling 100 percent of the time. Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
As promised, the link to my Thread:

So I finally got around to updating all the information, WoW Interface Uploads and creating a new thread. Here it is:

Konungr's UI Thread
http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=23275

If you have any Questions or Comments about anything within my UI, find me in-game (Konungr - US Illidan - <Unleash>) (BattleTag: Konungr#1372), find me on Fluid Druid (http://fluiddruid.net/forum) , or at my thread on the Tuk/Elv UI Forums. You can also see my UI in action in my 10 man Progression Feral PoV videos on my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/KonungrRestingBlade/videos)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/02/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Ahwoo
Very nice guide, Alarron. I'm finding that I'm not a fan of the Savage Roar reversion. It feels too restrictive. We have great tools, but now it feels like they're packaged in too small a kit. I'm an avid desync-er, even at that, it can be tough keeping rip rolling 100 percent of the time. Any suggestions?

100% is virtually impossible for Rip. If you were in the high 80's (at level 85) you were doing good, with heroic gear letting you push into the low 90's. Once we start climbing the gear treadmill again in Mists, I expect that to drop further, to the mid-80's or so. A DoC rotation will drop that even further (reducing uptime in exchange for more bleeds getting buffed, which is a theoretical DPS gain).

In short, see how it feels in Mists, then ask me again. You'll likely be pulling very competitive DPS with lower uptimes than you're used to.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Tyvm for the guide. I got out of WoW at the beginning of Cata and just recently got back in, this brought me up to speed on all of the changes and I will be using this as an excellent source of information in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
in PvP should i open up with a ravage or pounce?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Danzx,

Probably a Ravage, since it's almost certainly a crit and you can immediately follow up with Mighty Bash for the stun. I'm not a big Pounce fan.

(That said, I'm not a big PvPer and you should ask someone better.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/03/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Danzx
in PvP should i open up with a ravage or pounce?

Depends on the target and what setting you're in.

Solo BGs I'd say Pounce, you're getting ganked by other members of the opposing faction in BG's often, so I like to save Mighty Bash or Treants to help control them while I'm on my current target or to help control my current target if the fight lasts 15+ seconds. Also allows you to get Rip/Rake up without worrying about counter CC on you or parries/dodges if you can't get around their back as easy.

In arena depending on your partner you can take either route. Running FMP I find against some comps we want to force pressure against early my mage will invis over to their healer and he'll open with a deep for his burst while I open with Ravage.
Edited by Kals on 9/6/2012 8:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
makes me want to go back to cat... havent done so since wrath. Swipe giving combo points *drool*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Updated a few things; added some gear/trinket info, clarified Expertise and a few talents.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/31/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Tinderhoof
I believe we get back only 70% energy on a miss, dodge or parry.

It's still 80%.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
Thank you so much! I love going cat, but my dps was always second lowest next to healer. Never thought to use shred in place of mangle. I'm still debating: Should I go with Soul of the Forest (for bonus energy, always had energy issues) or Incarnation? I tried Incarnation, but I never had enough energy to make ravage effective.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/09/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Gruthgos
Should I go with Soul of the Forest (for bonus energy, always had energy issues) or Incarnation? I tried Incarnation, but I never had enough energy to make ravage effective.

Soul of the Forest all the way. Incarnation is the worst of the three, and the only place Force of Nature takes lead is on Spine.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/31/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Alarron
Rip - Rip does significantly more damage over its duration than Ferocious Bite, and should be kept up on the target at all times. It has a base duration of 16 seconds, but the first three Shreds/Mangles/Ravages after applying it add 2 seconds to the duration. Use this ability only with 5 combo points, and do not refresh it with more than 2 seconds remaining. Prioritize over FB.

Just a note -- the following is a bug, but it's a 2-year-old bug (originated in 4.0, but I've confirmed it's still happening). The first three shred/ravage/mangle actually extend rip by a total duration varying between 6, 8, and 10 seconds -- for an overall duration of 22, 24, or 26 seconds (11-13 ticks).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Just a note -- the following is a bug, but it's a 2-year-old bug (originated in 4.0, but I've confirmed it's still happening). The first three shred/ravage/mangle actually extend rip by a total duration varying between 6, 8, and 10 seconds -- for an overall duration of 22, 24, or 26 seconds (11-13 ticks).

How is that a bug?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Because the tooltip implies it should last 22 seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]