The 5.1 Feral DPS Guide

90 Worgen Druid
On boss fights should Thrash be used in the rotation?

Last night I met a feral who has a thrash rotation and he was pulling 120k dps on 25 man Elegon and I was in the 80's which was really amazing considering he was in all blues.

I am not use to using that in a rotation and the guy logged so I couldn't find out more info, I tried doing it myself on a heroic training dummy with subpar results.

I use thrash when i get omen of clarity procs so that's probably what he was doing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to increase my dps on normal spirit kings in mogushan vaults, right now im doing about 72k, but i feel like it should be higher with my gear. I've included a link to the log of our latest kill if anyone wants to take a look and make some possible suggestions, thanks ahead of time ^_^

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/dm1za3vgrbxbvsuq/sum/damageDone/?s=4997&e=5495
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
i was a lazer chicken but i wanted to be a melee and nost caster + i wanted to be more moblie but i dnt like how much the nerf'd feral in MoP and the dif buffs they did i kinda like'd old acata feral a bit more, i hate pvp atm i cant do any damage with feral >=( hopeing i get a heoir wep asap
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/15/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Shífthàppeñz
i was a lazer chicken but i wanted to be a melee and nost caster + i wanted to be more moblie but i dnt like how much the nerf'd feral in MoP and the dif buffs they did i kinda like'd old acata feral a bit more, i hate pvp atm i cant do any damage with feral >=( hopeing i get a heoir wep asap

Feral wasn't nerfed in MoP, we were buffed, but we gained the complexity back into our "rotation", which means that the meh Ferals won't cut and the Ferals that actually know what they're doing will be just fine. The old Cata Feral was too easy, if you can't play Feral now, perhaps a different class or spec is for you.

I still don't have an epic weapon (I work nights and weekends and therefore can't find a raiding team/guild that means my scheduling requirements, so I haven't raided in 4 months, except for LFR. I'm still using a Blue Weapon, and ilvl 473, I've beaten every Feral I've come across, and most of them have epic weapons and are ilvl 478 and above. Gear doesn't mean anything, learn the spec, and you'll do fine.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I just started trying Feral out, I usually do Boomkin. The question I have is: what is "Shred!"

I know normal "Shred" but on Recount I am seeing other Ferals with a "Shred" and a "Shred!"
I can't find the latter on my recount whatsoever. Is it a proc that I am missing?

Anyone mind explaining to me what it is?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I just started trying Feral out, I usually do Boomkin. The question I have is: what is "Shred!"

I know normal "Shred" but on Recount I am seeing other Ferals with a "Shred" and a "Shred!"
I can't find the latter on my recount whatsoever. Is it a proc that I am missing?

Anyone mind explaining to me what it is?

Glyphed shred with tiger's fury or berserk active.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Baddie question...so how do you prioritize Thrash/Swipe?

When AoE'ing, should you only be Thrashing when you need to apply it to new mobs or when it's about to fall off targets and swiping the rest of the time. Or should you use Thrash whenever it's off CD?

Also, should it be put into single target rotation at all?

Well thrash doesn't have a cooldown, so just use it to get all the targets bleeding, then just swipe. only use thrash again to keep the bleed up. and as far as new mobs entering the pack, if its only say 1 or 2 mobs entering the pack at a time, it'd just be better to keep swiping and they'll have thrash applied to them the next time you have to refresh it.

And thrash should only be used in your single target rotation on omen of clarity procs, as long as it wont mess up your uptimes on rake, rip, and savage roar. Also don't use it if you already have a thrash up with more than half its duration remaining.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/25/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Ursamajor
And thrash should only be used in your single target rotation on omen of clarity procs, as long as it wont mess up your uptimes on rake, rip, and savage roar. Also don't use it if you already have a thrash up with more than half its duration remaining.

Only partially correct. Yes, all Omen procs should be used on Thrash, but that isn't the only time to use Thrash. Thrash is currently (especially with high Mastery) better DPE than Shred, so as long as you don't lose uptime on SR, Rake, or Rip; it is beneficial to apply Thrash (Try not to clip more than half of an existing Thrash unless you can currently apply a much stronger version (DroodFocus helps with this question).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Around how much DPS would you say is requited to begin raids? I'm currently at a steady 30k on Raiding dummy and around 39k when doing Heroic Dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Feral just looks 100% more difficult in PvP now though, you have NS, Typhoon, Mighty bash, on top of all the things you already have making it the most ridiculous thing needed for keybinding.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/30/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Tekota
Around how much DPS would you say is requited to begin raids? I'm currently at a steady 30k on Raiding dummy and around 39k when doing Heroic Dungeons.

It's hard to know on a dummy, but I think 40-45k on a dummy would be fine for entering raids.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Alarron, what happened to your MoP gear list page on fluiddruid.net? It's been down for awhile now :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Am I right in assuming I should be replacing my Red Smoke Bandana and Chestguard of Total Annihilation with raid finder tier pieces in order to get my 4pc bonus(Eternal Blossom Headpiece , Eternal Blossom Raiment)

Thanks in advance,

Formerly Ursamajor
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
edit
Edited by Swagkannon on 1/6/2013 8:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Am I right in assuming I should be replacing my Red Smoke Bandana and Chestguard of Total Annihilation with raid finder tier pieces in order to get my 4pc bonus(Eternal Blossom Headpiece , Eternal Blossom Raiment)

Thanks in advance,

Formerly Ursamajor

If you have access to your 4pc without an crazy downgrade ( dropping heroic piece for LFR tier) I could pick it up. Going from 489->483 on those pieces shouldn't be that noticeable of a stat loss. The DPS gain from the 4pc will also outweigh the stat loss.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Is there a "___ secondary stat is worth 3:1 agi" conversion? (Helps when thinking about "gem for the socket bonus if the bonus is above ___ secondary stat.) I know this was in effect in Cata, wasn't sure about MOP.

(And sorry if this was answered elsewhere in comments!)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Oh wow... I'm glad I read this. I haven't played seriously since Wrath and while I've been maintaining the old rotation just fine, I had no idea Thrash was a cat ability. I've been keeping up on the meters but I'm curious. Was Thrash a Bear only ability in Cata or has it always been Kitty too? I feel rather stupid not knowing this little tidbit of information now...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/14/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Ibage
Was Thrash a Bear only ability in Cata or has it always been Kitty too?

It was bear only in Cata
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]