The 5.1 Feral DPS Guide

tnx for the reply, also wondering if i should wrath spam with Hotw..., i tried on a dummy and saw 280k crit with a trinket proc....but not sure stopping your normal feral rotation for wrath spam would be good. still new to feral, been boom forever lol needed a change~
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
If you have a decent int weapon to swap to and you can stay in one place to cast for the duration it's supposedly on par with your normal feral rotation (though whenever you start to move much the value obviously goes down because moonfire really isn't worth it). And if you have massive AoE time hurricane is amazing dps.

If you're not sure or don't like the playstyle it's not really a big deal either way. Save it for a tranq or something.
Reply Quote
Just finished reading the hole thing O_O This helped a lot thank you!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Is there anyway (using weak auras or something else) to tell the amount of times rip has been extended?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You could probably use some custom coding to show a number that increments each time a successful shred/mangle/ravage has been used (up to 3) and then resets to 0 when you successfully cast a new rip. But you would have to ask someone that is more familiar with the code (i.e. not me, lol).

But in terms of something right out of the box that's easy to configure - I'm not aware.
Reply Quote
95 Worgen Druid
Is there anyway (using weak auras or something else) to tell the amount of times rip has been extended?

One way to implement it (weakauras import string)

http://pastebin.com/90JFK9h7
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
This is absolutely perfect and exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What are the chances of the front page of this guide being updated to give an explanation of the DoC playstyle? I have a very general idea of what to do, but nowhere near good enough to actually use it in a raid and be better than HotW for me.

EDIT:

Also, has anyone been on the PTR yet to test out the increased savage roar damage? Any report on about how much of a % dps increase it is from the current 30% SR?
Edited by Ingested on 4/17/2013 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What are the chances of the front page of this guide being updated to give an explanation of the DoC playstyle? I have a very general idea of what to do, but nowhere near good enough to actually use it in a raid and be better than HotW for me.

EDIT:

Also, has anyone been on the PTR yet to test out the increased savage roar damage? Any report on about how much of a % dps increase it is from the current 30% SR?

The chance of this being updated to include what you want is somewhat slim. I've read that Alarron hasn't been playing much lately. There are many other ways you can help yourself understand the DoC playstyle, however, that wouldn't involve this guide. The sites that often contain relevant information from knowledgable druids that I go to are fluiddruid.net/forum and mmo-champ's druid forums (though a little more noise there since those fatty boomkin, furry bears, and hippy trees hang out there too).

The SR increase is from 30% to 40%. This gives us a 7.7% dps increase (10/130).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Is there ever a point in time where mastery/agi outweight hit/expertise caps? Simcraft is putting expertise (And hit, but expertise specifically) lower and lower as I gear up. Being that our bleeds are our main damage source, 80% energy refund blahblah there should be a theoretical point where the buffed bleed damage outweights the missed shreds; how can I figure out where that point is?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Id
Hmm been wondering about the new tier bonus being that you have a... 15% chance per CP when you use a finisher to generate 1 additional CP. Would it be more prudent to use Mangle over Shred as a CP gen? (Logic being that Mangle costs 5 less energy and you can use more finishers in that case). Save using Shred on CC procs or periods of high energy.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Hmm been wondering about the new tier bonus being that you have a... 15% chance per CP when you use a finisher to generate 1 additional CP. Would it be more prudent to use Mangle over Shred as a CP gen? (Logic being that Mangle costs 5 less energy and you can use more finishers in that case). Save using Shred on CC procs or periods of high energy.

Yes, it does happen after a certain amount of gear. Run simcraft and check out the Actions list. That said, you're still shredding while berserking/on ooc procs with >6s on thrash, but your thought process is correct.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Is there ever a point in time where mastery/agi outweight hit/expertise caps? Simcraft is putting expertise (And hit, but expertise specifically) lower and lower as I gear up. Being that our bleeds are our main damage source, 80% energy refund blahblah there should be a theoretical point where the buffed bleed damage outweights the missed shreds; how can I figure out where that point is?

SimC will lower the value of any stat you start to need less of. If you have hit the caps for Hit/Exp any more will be wasted. If you lowered your Hit/Exp you would see their stat weights raise again. You should ignore stat weights that have a cap. The closer you get to the cap, the less valuable they become.

As for the practical side the more you gear up the more energy and combo points you will have. If you miss you are more likely to energy cap on a miss/dodge. You also still have the chance of missing a few times on a Rip refresh and be forced to use the combo points because SR will be about to fall off. Sticking with Hit/Exp caps is still the way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I see a lot of druids going for haste now why is that?... Raid buffed I sit at 102% mastery is that too much?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I see a lot of druids going for haste now why is that?... Raid buffed I sit at 102% mastery is that too much?

Druids with Rune of Re-Origination are going for 1:1:1 secondary stats to maximize the buff.

Druids without Rune but with RPPM trinkets/metas are going mastery > haste > crit because haste will help the meta and trinket procs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Do you have any recommendations for Feral Macros? Even at level 33, there's an overwhelming number of abilities I can use, and while the strategy lists are useful for knowing which ones I should keep on my bar, being able to consolidate abilities is useful.

Also, since Ferals got their rootbreak back, is there a useful macro to shapechange in and out quickly for needed escapes? Obviously, since I'm on a PvP server, this is mandatory for me.

(I had actually intended only to fast-track this Druid to level 90 so I could have an alchemist. But survival is important, obviously, and I'm finding I enjoy playing Feral again.)
Reply Quote
95 Worgen Druid
06/02/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Tunare
Also, since Ferals got their rootbreak back, is there a useful macro to shapechange in and out quickly for needed escapes? Obviously, since I'm on a PvP server, this is mandatory for me.

/cast !cat form

force-casts cat form even if you are already in that form. That syntax also works for any other shapeshift. (I actually use it for all of my normal shapeshift keybinds along with a /cancelform keybind to leave form.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
/cast !cat form

force-casts cat form even if you are already in that form. That syntax also works for any other shapeshift. (I actually use it for all of my normal shapeshift keybinds along with a /cancelform keybind to leave form.)

Thank you, good sir. A Feral Druid was actually my first toon. Then along came the rootbreak nerf, which I imagine was the most demoralizing nerf in the history of WoW.

But having gone about as far as I can go with my Disc Priest, Trya, I've decided to poke my head into being a Feral Druid again, my first love.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
In need of more dps and not comfortable enough with DoC and mechanics to switch over yet. I don't think it's terrible for my ilvl (using tokens on horridon every week) but I'd like see more. Is the LFR rune of origination an option for me to net more dps then the shado-pan agility trinket?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3d7r7gnrfqwu70iq/

Here goes some parses. I know my dps needs some work on megnera (as other things), but what else can I do on bosses or anything else specifically I'm doing incorrectly? Thanks in advance!

I net about 100k-120k on dummies depending on trinket procs. Should I be using wrath spam at all? Doesn't seem like a DPS increase for me (using LFR 502 caster staff).
Edited by Naoyuki on 6/10/2013 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]