Allow Warlocks to change demon name

90 Gnome Warlock
I want to see warlocks be allowed to rename demons without having to keep random generating it. In light of the talent changes in 5.0.4, if you take the Fel Imp option then you loose your demon's name to a new one.

I had Adapap as my Imp's name since release (Nov 2004) and became attached to it. I took the fel imp and still had Adapap until I zoned into a dungeon then suddenly he's gone and Fiz'tok was in his place. I want the ability to change his name without randomizing through a giant list back to his original name.

After talking to a GM this morning, there is no function they have nor anything in game like the hunter's have for changing the pet names. As of right now, hunters merely have to visit a friendly scribe to obtain a Certificate of Ownership to change the name. Warlocks can visit their trainer but must randomize the name. I fully understand the desire to keep demonized names so a compromise could be to allow picking from the list used to randomize the names.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
/support
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Death Knight
they are demons. hellspawns. u cant just say- hi there lil imp, whats your name? fizjok? ok ur new name is mr cuddles. heres ur new birth certificate and photo id. enjoy.
Reply Quote
No thank you.

I can't name my Shadowfiend.
Reply Quote
No thank you.

I can't name my Shadowfiend.

hes a shadow. ...... id hope u have not named your IRL shadow
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/01/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Talaspire
they are demons. hellspawns. u cant just say- hi there lil imp, whats your name? fizjok? ok ur new name is mr cuddles. heres ur new birth certificate and photo id. enjoy.

Read the OP.

09/01/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Clynn
I fully understand the desire to keep demonized names so a compromise could be to allow picking from the list used to randomize the names.

Picking from a list of demon names =/= naming it Mr.Cuddles.

Picking from a list = not spending 50g over & over to get a random name you probably won't like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I would like to rename my minions as well. :)
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Killercaitie

Read the OP.

I fully understand the desire to keep demonized names so a compromise could be to allow picking from the list used to randomize the names.

Picking from a list of demon names =/= naming it Mr.Cuddles.

Picking from a list = not spending 50g over & over to get a random name you probably won't like.

i am going to pray to my lord and savior that bizz shows u locks no mercy on pet names
Reply Quote
Although I could get behind it. Sometimes the minions have awful names and picking another one (not renaming it Mr. Cuddles or Hugo) would be a decent idea.

but I don't get to name my poor shadowfiend. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Although I could get behind it. Sometimes the minions have awful names and picking another one (not renaming it Mr. Cuddles or Hugo) would be a decent idea.

What would you call him anyways?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

What would you call him anyways?

Mine's is Boo. :P

Anyways, I support being able to pick from a pre-determined list, although there's something amusing about someone with a Voidwalker named Mr Hugs or something.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
A better option would be the inclusion of a minor glyph that would return the skins and names of the old minions while keeping the power of Supremacy.

Seems similar to the druid tree glyph.

EDIT: Personally I prefer the look of the Felguard, Succubus, and regular Imp. Wrathguard and Shivarra are cool, but dont have that classic feel.
Edited by Doomwizard on 3/13/2013 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
A better option would be the inclusion of a minor glyph that would return the skins and names of the old minions while keeping the power of Supremacy.

Seems similar to the druid tree glyph.

EDIT: Personally I prefer the look of the Felguard, Succubus, and regular Imp. Wrathguard and Shivarra are cool, but dont have that classic feel.

I support this
Reply Quote
Anyways, I support being able to pick from a pre-determined list, although there's something amusing about someone with a Voidwalker named Mr Hugs or something.

Hear, hear. Plus the Felguard is such a ridiculous meathead he NEEDS a silly name to undercut those muscles. (I hate running around with him.) Like Mr. Bear Who Cares. Or Baby Beluga.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I always wanted an orange Voidwalker that I could name Gossamer.
Reply Quote
I thought you would like to know that your supremacy demons are actually altogether different "people" if you unlearn the talent all your demons go back to the way the where name and all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
go to the basement in the inn of Goldshire, you will find an npc there that might be willing to help you out!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
This warlock does not care.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]