**Glory of the Cataclysm Hero with MoP Achiev

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Like the title says Glory of the Cataclysm Hero now has a MoP achievement to complete it.

Please fix this Blizzard.

Thanks,
-Death
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
I was just going to open up a thread then i found this. The MoP achieve Death mentioned is "What does this button do?".

I am really close to completing glory of the cataclysm hero and really disapointed that there is a MoP achieve that prevents me from getting it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes... not the first thread about this , lets hope blizz do something about it.
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
soon i hope
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I think it can still be gotten, but only if you get all the other achievements on one character. Had a guildie do that today, got her last one of the "original" set.

However, if you have some of the achievements from another character joined in with the new achievement system, it doesn't get awarded. I've done all but 4 on one character, then the other 4 were from 2 other characters on my account. So it looks like I have them all, but haven't gotten the meta yet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Confirmed. You CAN still get the achievement, it's just that you have to do them all on one character, despite the meta being spread over all characters.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
"What does this button do?" is what shos up when I look at my own achievment list. However, if I link it in Guild Chat, it shows Extra Credit Bonus Stage as not being complete. However I have completed this one previously.

It would be nice to have some feedback on this at some point. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
They said they knew about it and were looking into it.

I cannot say if it is possible to get the achievement after the merge, but you can definitively get it if you complete it post-patch on a single character (I've finished mine last week with 3 ach to go).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just got my last Glory of the Cataclysm Hero achievement and it to has that bug, can't get my drake now. showing - What does this button do? - Mists heroic.
Edited by Lightguard on 9/4/2012 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just wanted to bump this thread with my confirmation as well

Problem:
"Glory of The Cataclysm Hero" meta achievement cannot be completed.

When viewing the achievement in the Achievement UI, it incorrectly lists "What Does This Button Do?" an achievement from a MoP dungeon INSTEAD of "Extra Credit Bonus Stage" from Vortex Pinnacle.

When linking the "Glory of the Cataclysm" meta achievement in chat, "Extra Credit Bonus Stage" is correctly listed in the tooltip but is greyed out indicating that it is NOT considered completed making the meta achievement incomplete.

Possible Fix: Completing all the achievements on ONE character seems to solve the problem. However, this defeats the purpose of account-wide achievements.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have the same problem. Just finished it it today but got the last achiev on a diff toon than my main with the rest of the achievs.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Any idea if this is being looked at? It is most frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Me and two friends finished this today. One friend got it but the other and myself didn't get credit. In our achievements it says we're missing What Does This Button Do? but when we link the meta in chat it says we're missing Extra Credit Bonus Stage, even though we have it. We both opened a ticket and got a response at the same time that basically said they know and are going to fix it soon™.

I wish the GM would have just activated our achievements since we have the credit. I know they can do that because they've done it for me with buggy achievements in the past, but I suppose this is different. So here's hoping it gets fixed before too long!
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
i opened up a ticket on this and i get a message saying we are looking into it. It would be nice if a GM could post about it so that we will not have new threads opening everyday.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
yeah, i am getting the same thing. i have finished all the achievments i can but the panda dungeon is a little hard. and now blizzard has answered me 2 times, yet they tell me nuthing, except visit the forums. WTF blizzard. gimme my drake !
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
please oh please fix this, the account wide achieves should allow me to finally after 2 years to get this mount, but now there's a MoP achieve there.
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
did they fix it with 5.0.5?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I'm not sure if it was fixed for all. however it was corrected for me as of 5.0.5.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
HC
Yeah i finally got the achievement when i logged in today (even though it says completed 5/28/2011 0.o) but whatever i like my new drake : )
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/12/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Mouthfull
(even though it says completed 5/28/2011 0.o)

This is an oddity with meta-achievements. If you look at the last one on the list, the date you earned it is the date the game is using for the meta achieve.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]