Barthilas PVP Event 16.09.12

90 Orc Shaman
Hello resident guilds of Barthilas.

I am sure most of you are building towards the future due to the imminent release of Mists of Pandaria, and eager to begin the race, be it either PVE, Levelling, or PVP. Since the release of 5.0 a lot of changes have come in and a lot of players have probably returned to check out these changes, either love 'em or loathe 'em, it is what we have to work with.

In Ascension we have a lot to celebrate, moving to Barthilas from Jubei'thos, the end of Catacylsm, and the opening of the next raid Tier and PVP season. We are completing our preparations for MOP including rosters, raiding resources, and blogs. I am asking for a moment we take some time, focus on the present, and have one last 'hoorah' before the race begins.

Ascension are looking to sponsor a Barthilas Guild vs. Guild STV Battle Royale. We will put up 100K to the winning guild of this event and of course that guild will be crowned the champions.

The rules are simple: A time will be set which will line up with the STV Battle Chest event, and the first guild to open the chest in the middle wins. There is no maximum or minimum size but it will be up to the leadership of the guilds taking part to manage their players, and if there are any sub-teams within a guild, as I will be handing gold only over to GM's or another nominated Officer (which must be stated in this thread).

So, I implore any guilds interested in taking part to get in touch with me and provide details, as then I can make a roster of names to help me keep in touch with everybody going forward into MoP.

Further notes:

If an Alliance guild wins, you will still receive the gold as advertised. However, you will incur the tax of using the neutral AH. People not part of a guild are also eligible to win, but will not receive any of the gold as winnings. The intention of this event is to create guild cohesion and participation. I am also trying to avoid people claiming they win if it is a close call, because of the fact you can collect the token prior to the event. I prefer raiders with a governing body to try and keep people honest, but of course there is no guarantee even from the guilds themselves.

I along with two to three other Officers will be hovering above the battlefield keeping an eye on the event to make sure we can track the winner. Representatives from other guilds are welcome to do this also if you are concerned of any unfair bias.

The current date for this Event is the 16th of September at 6PM. I will update if there are any changes, but this is usually a comfortable time for most guilds. We are of course restricted to the 3 hour blocks that the event takes place in STV, though.

If you have questions about this event you can catch me in game (will not respond while raiding), you can leave a response here, or you can check out our guild website for more information about Ascension, www.ascguild.net. Our website is also host to a public section of our forum where you can find updated details on recruitment, pricing on gear and mounts for the current tier, and possibly looking to expand services further into a mentoring/”ask a raider” type system. I also have a brand new blog with some of my thoughts about WOW from a GM perspective, and I encourage people to give comments on it.

So that is all, hope to hear from you soon.

Promotional Flyer for the Event - http://i.imgur.com/YBfcx.jpg

***GUILDS ATTENDING***

(H) Ascension
(A) When Bored Smash Horde
(H) Purple
Edited by Mallone on 9/5/2012 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
PLOP
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep
Reply Quote
2ez
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Badges gonna get dat one hundy
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Can someone cliffs?

I can't be bothered reading all that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Can someone cliffs?

I can't be bothered reading all that.

Gurubashi event. Winner gets 100k for their guild.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This thread does not exist without a comment from that "Releaseme" priest.
However its nice to see a thread without that Releaseme dudette
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
TLDR: Mallone sponsoring ascensions PvP section with 100k, like a top bloke.
Reply Quote
dear OP. i did not give you permission to use ma main in ya flyer. pls remove or face action
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/01/2012 06:48 PMPosted by Saralondé
dear OP. i did not give you permission to use ma main in ya flyer. pls remove or face action

lmao.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/01/2012 06:48 PMPosted by Saralondé

I will take the "face action" option. Assuming you will follow through with that threat.
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Mallone

I will take the "face action" option. Assuming you will follow through with that threat.

SS of you dead inc
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/01/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Saralondé

SS of you dead inc

Prefer if you bring your "PVP" guild along to the event and try and display dominance there. No one will care if you kill a Shaman who wears 0 resil.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

SS of you dead inc

Prefer if you bring your "PVP" guild along to the event and try and display dominance there. No one will care if you kill a Shaman who wears 0 resil.

People will care when he gets killed by one though.
Reply Quote

SS of you dead inc

we are a wPvP guild - not an Org PvP Event guild. we may or may not attend your event.

with a generous 100k up for grabs, likely gonna be a lag fest
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ermahgerd, dey haz flyers, dis is legit. *claw claps*

Might attend, will see what's happening, half our guild is still MIA, and with 5.0 out it'll almost be dominated by whoever has the most healers.

I'd probably suggest you ask that the winner provide a screenshot of them looting it and proof in their chat window, not all that difficult to provide.

:3
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
would be good if someone who has not won it before loots it! problem solved.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]