Hmm... I has me an idea

90 Human Rogue
I enjoyed meeting you nerds so much at Blizzcon... I might just throw my own independent yearly soiree here in Memphis, TN.

I'm going to gauge on how seriously to plan this based off of the initial response I get here.

Many of you wonderful nerds I've known for years and surely enjoy our text based banter with much relish. A couple days a year would be pretty awesome. Properly planned it could be cost effective and enjoyable for all.

Just an idea... lets see what happens?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
BlizzCon 2013!

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/08/27/mike-morhaime-confirms-blizzcon-is-on-for-2013/
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Ah, so its still on is it?

I still think I can throw a better party.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Probably, but it'd be in Memphis, TN! 8(
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Memphis kicks !@# sir. IF you don't get mugged, shot, kidnapped, car-jacked, killed and/or some other horrible thing that can happen here.

I'd give everyone waypoints that could be navigated via GPS. Folks would be fine.

Think of it like a raid into a dungeon IRL. Much better than blizzcon. Better music... better food... some deep south stuff.
Reply Quote
75 Goblin Shaman
Yeah Stompzz / Mizuno has told me some stories. :)
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
Far too many colored folk down that way, ya dig? Have it in a more ethnically cleansed area and I'm totally down.
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
I break for gentrification. And I'll bring the coke.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Dude there is nothing wrong with anyone's color here. I would shepherd all of you people around certain cultural and socioeconomic areas of curiosity that have resulted in rather dangerous surroundings.

I wouldn't want any of my nerdie homies to get ganked irl.

However, if this did occur, we might have to form a raid and get some vindication. Can you imagine the impact of 40 random nerds from a variety of places from a variety of backgrounds suddenly storming an area of town hacked off cuz one of their number got mugged? We'd all binge on redbull and then go fourth. Hopefully no fatties die of a heart attack during the ensuing activity.

Irl raids [riot] need to occur more frequently with a different demographic involved [nerds from all walks and colors of life] getting hacked off at something [perhaps PIPA or SOPA?] and go burn some $hit.
Edited by Vostov on 9/1/2012 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Let me guess...a Tea Party? kek
Reply Quote
Last I heard Beale St. did't care what color you were.
Booze, bbq, what else do you need?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Beale St. was awesome. Stopped in Memphis on my way to Knoxville.

Bar carts on the street! Random blues and bands along the street! Decent cops!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/02/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Zzaapp
Let me guess...a Tea Party? kek

No nothing like that my dear Zzaap. Just a fun time spent amongst kindred sorts. Those of us who play this game shouldn't take for granted particular personality traits and backgrounds which we have common bonds through. As a demographic gamers are still in their infancy. I'd rather share a drink with any of you instead of the common sports enthralled rabble one finds stumbling sputtering stupidities within the bounds of the conventional bar.

So, politics aside and any horrible things I've done to any of you also aside... lol. I really like this idea and wouldn't hearing who would be interested.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Beale st is a definite thought. I was thinking about the Blue Monkey specifically. I've haunted that place on occasion.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
How do I know you're not just luring muslim gamers into an ambush?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ud3pK5Wa90&feature=player_embedded

1000 years of darkness!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'd drop the greens for a plane ticket right now if this went down. What a joy it would be to put a face to all of these other toons while I finish my 13th beer.
Edited by Nightvision on 9/7/2012 6:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yeah. I want to but I doubt others are willing or able to drop that much green.

Zzaapp, Chuck Norris is only trying to turn out a favorable demographic's vote.

The other side of this polarized coin does it too.

Broad spectrum messages always taste a little bland within the minds of people who are slightly ahead of the curve.

Realize this message wasn't intended for you.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Like this demographic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7cbYPgkt_w
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
haha I'm not so sure a massive gathering of people that play/use to play on dunemaul would be good. Seeing as theres a ton off a$$holes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]