Holy Shock

88 Blood Elf Hunter
I couldn't find a specific forum to put this in. So I chose healing.
I myself have a level 85 holy pally. But on my hunter who is level 67 with 11k hp get's ONE shotted(or whatever to call it) by holy shock. A holy pally, has more damage and killing blows then me in BG's. This is rediculous. Sometimes people get hit with 13k crit. I'm sure blizzard has seen this problem in beta but just has ignored it. It's crazy!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
PvP isn't balanced below max level. It never will be.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yes, I'm sure Blizzard has had ample time to observe the effects of Mist's balancing on the level 70 PvP bracket in the beta. It's not like they're balancing level 90 content or anything.

Snarkiness aside, it's two days after the pre-expansion patch, and this always happens when pre-expansion patches are released. Blizzard doesn't balance around pre-level cap content, and level 70 PvP is not their most pressing concern.

They'll sort it out eventually, just give it time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think they should scrap the whole offensive Holy Paladin idea and just make a spellcasting Paladin spec. A healer that can do any kind of serious damage is overpowered, unless their heals are as weak as any other hybrid's.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
It looks as though they intend for every healing spec to be able to do some damage. Shaman have TC, pallies have denounce/HS/Harsh Words, priests (Disc, at least) have atonement, druids have all of the Balance spells and an Int-Agility conversion, and monks have... monk things.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
08/31/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Anarri
It looks as though they intend for every healing spec to be able to do some damage. Shaman have TC, pallies have denounce/HS/Harsh Words, priests (Disc, at least) have atonement, druids have all of the Balance spells and an Int-Agility conversion, and monks have... monk things.

They had to. They were giving all the DPS classes so many self heals, it would be completely broken if they didn't give the healing classes some damage.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I couldn't find a specific forum to put this in. So I chose healing.
I myself have a level 85 holy pally. But on my hunter who is level 67 with 11k hp get's ONE shotted(or whatever to call it) by holy shock. A holy pally, has more damage and killing blows then me in BG's. This is rediculous. Sometimes people get hit with 13k crit. I'm sure blizzard has seen this problem in beta but just has ignored it. It's crazy!

I feel your pain. Gonna take a break on leveling my druid in bgs because this is just annoying. "Balance" doesn't need to be perfect at low levels, but an instant cast ability that does 130%+ of your health pool doesn't really go along with the theme of a strategy based game.

Can you imagine if other industries had business models similar to blizzards - "Uh yah that first few bites of our ice cream product tastes like burnt tire, but you just gotta keep eating it because it gets really fun after that."
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter
I understand what you mean... but when a holy pally is having the most dmg, most kills in a bg while killing people with ONE shot is ridiculous! I know at least give them some damage but holy shock should hit for 2k not 12k!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Just out of curiosity, do you have an armory link to the Paladin who was destroying people? I understand that things below level cap will be horribly unbalanced during this in between phase of expansions, but a little context would be nice.
If it's some random scrub in PvE quest greens dominating, then that's definitely a bit more of an issue. But if it's a level 70 twink decked out in a full PvP set gemming straight Stormy Majestic Zircon, then we have a completely different story on our hands.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just out of curiosity, do you have an armory link to the Paladin who was destroying people? I understand that things below level cap will be horribly unbalanced during this in between phase of expansions, but a little context would be nice.
If it's some random scrub in PvE quest greens dominating, then that's definitely a bit more of an issue. But if it's a level 70 twink decked out in a full PvP set gemming straight Stormy Majestic Zircon, then we have a completely different story on our hands.

I have checked out the few pally's (holy) i was up against its not due to OP gear buddy... I have a twinked out lvl 73 rogue with gems and enchants and holy pally's are killin me with one or two denounces or holy shocks

Its utter bull...I dont think dps should be able to heal.. or healers should be able to dps.. if they want to give them that ability to dps they shouldn't be able to out dps the dps.... its either make them op to kill like they are now.. or let them dps .. not both
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

I have checked out the few pally's (holy) i was up against its not due to OP gear buddy... I have a twinked out lvl 73 rogue with gems and enchants and holy pally's are killin me with one or two denounces or holy shocks

I rarely PvP as it's not my forte - but isn't that a bad example? At lvl 73 your tier is level 70-79. If the paladin is max level you're talking about a 6 level difference AND a 79 twink would probably be using at least some cata gear.
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter
Brackets are 5 levels now. Top level he's facing is lvl 74.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
08/31/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Shäress

It's for PVE viability in soloing.

you don't need an 1800 mana cost nuke hitting for 15k with a sub 1.5 sec cast time (talking about denounce here) coupled with offensive glyphs for heals (harsh words) and another instant cast hitting even harder costing even less mana (holy shock) to have solo viability

I bet the other 3 healing classes can only dream of doing that dps in their healing specs while wearing a plate and shield at the same time

if you want to mow people down with offensive spells pvp as a dps caster spec instead or just go ret, don't kid yourself into thinking its balanced to burst people down from 40 yards and be immortal at the same time

Great post for those healers in denial who suddenly became great players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good players have a good chance on killing a healer even with full cataclysmic. And if all you're doing is is using all your healing spells for damage you can die under the hands of a smart player. True story.

hell they dont even have to be focused on dps instead of healing, personally iv had no issues from heals in bgs on any of my toons. even spamming all they have all it takes is a carefully timed stun and interupts. its not hard really. but then again it never has been hard in all honesty atleast not in randoms that is.
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Paladin
Just an fyi this toon right here is reg hit holy shock for 12k crits are over 20k so yeah a nurf is inc very fast. But then again a disc preist is the only one that gives me issues as far as pvp so if i go they better too...lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]