New Mists of Pandaria Class/Spec Changes

90 Undead Mage
In general I'm liking the Mage changes. Yea, Fire is more popular right now due to Arcane being gimped at 85, but that's alright as it takes some heat off us Arcane Mages from all those who've been jelly.

Arcane is still very viable though, you just have to be more conscientious of how many Arcane Charge stacks you are keeping. Arcane now has Cauterize without having to spec Fire, which IMO makes us more magical. AM now stacks twice and we now have a DoT just like Fire (Nether Temptest), so expect to see a lot more purple silly-string coming out of us.

And our tele's, ports, and food conjures don't require reagents anymore, which is really cool. But I'll still be charging for ports though. My new hobby when I'm bored is skydiving, free-falling 2000 feet and popping Slow Fall 1 second before you hit the ground is sooo fun!!!

At 90 the DPS spread between Arcane, Frost, and Fire is supposed to be about 2%, which means you can expect us to continue topping the DPS charts in raids just like in Cata. I still expect there to be noobs whom continue to complain that our class is OP/too simple, but what can I say? Haters gonna hate. =D
Edited by Drid on 9/7/2012 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/07/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Mahourai
The funny thing about Arcane is that ever since Cataclysm it has been drastically more difficult than Fire and yet people have the impression it's the other way around. Arcane is almost impossible to play flawlessly thanks to requiring constant micromanaging of your mana every single gcd during conservation phases, while Fire was quite simple. The addition of Inferno Blast adds a little of that decision making to Fire but from what I can tell at 90 Arcane is still going to require way more micromanagement than. A far cry from when people were !@#$%ing about Arcane as the easy, one button spec in Wrath (which it still never was, but it wasn't nearly at the level of Cata/MOP Arcane).

tell me more about how mages are hard
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks for this completely worthless reply.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/07/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Mahourai
Thanks for this completely worthless reply

Thanks for trying to persuade us magez r hard
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
You're really stupid if that's what you got out of my post.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
What am I saying. Of course you're really stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Arcane is that ever since Cataclysm it has been drastically more difficult than Fire

Arcane is almost impossible to play flawlessly thanks to requiring constant micromanaging of your mana every single gcd during conservation phases,

A far cry from when people were !@#$%ing about Arcane as the easy, one button spec in Wrath (which it still never was, but it wasn't nearly at the level of Cata/MOP Arcane).

Yep that's what I got out of it :p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Maybe you should post a specific disagreement you have with any part of my post instead of the !@#$tiest, oldest WoW jokes in the world.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hey guys I heard rogue is hard to play in duels. lol vanish.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/07/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Mahourai
!@#$tiest, oldest WoW jokes in the world.

It isn't a joke that mages are OP... I have a 85 mage if you would like to prove otherwise. And he is even on Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
09/07/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Anorexorcist
!@#$tiest, oldest WoW jokes in the world.

It isn't a joke that mages are OP... I have a 85 mage if you would like to prove otherwise. And he is even on Horde.

Grats on completing the astonishing feat of leveling a character to 85.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hey can we just skip straight to the part where you delete all your posts in the thread out of embarrassment? That's usually my favorite part of our little "debates".
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Thanks! ^.^ soon to be 90!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/07/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Mahourai
Hey can we just skip straight to the part where you delete all your posts in the thread out of embarrassment? That's usually my favorite part of our little "debates".

Mine too!
Reply Quote
Ascendence is going to be !@#$ing awesome. That's it. It's over.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/07/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Mahourai
Hey guys I heard rogue is hard to play in duels. lol vanish.

Guess you haven't seen rogues yet? Please tell me more about how hard rogues are to kill as a mage. I mean yeah our burst is good but have you seen how squishy we are? What about your bubble and evocation..? 40k crits in shatter? please tell me more
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hmm yes. When you put it like that it really sheds light on an element of the situation that I hadn't considered. I'll have to reconsider all my opinions about dueling in light of this latest revelation. Please hold on while I incorporate this paradigm-shifting information into my worldview.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]