Request...

85 Night Elf Hunter
I have been on this server now since sometime in early 2007. I have raided. I have done BGs. I have worked through endgame content and endured wipe after wipe to complete difficult content.

I guess first I should say that I have nothing but respect and admiration for guilds like Vox Radix, Exodus and The Church - guilds that have completed some of the difficult endgame content and persevered through wipe after wipe after theorycrafting after .... who knows what to get to where they are.

I would appreciate it if someone from one of these guilds would post something describing the adversity they faced and the number of wipes they endured to achieve victory IN some of these difficult encounters. I think someone from Vox Radix could tell a long and insightful story about defeating heroic LK. How many wipes did this take?

Encountering some who have the mentailty of - "oh we wiped, I give up, and btw you guys are awful" is discouraging.... I hate I ABSOULTELY FRIGGING HATE PUGGING. Grow a spine, play this game like you have something to accomplish and think of the negatives as a positive - "we wiped, but what did I learn?"

I guess asking for end user consensus on how to react to difficult situations is impossible.

GRRRRRRR
Edited by Crazywoman on 9/5/2012 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
dude its a game
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
09/04/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Ratmonkey
dude its a game

You are absolutely correct. And it is a game of trial and error, a game of wit, a competition and ..... oh yeah, a means by which we are entertained.

Baseball is a game. The Olympics are games. Football, basketball, hockey....

You can say "dude its a game" but what you are really saying is that you are oblivious to the competitive nature and complexities involved in being successful and prosperous in the game.

Go be naive somewhere else!!! =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think someone from Vox Radix could tell a long and insightful story about defeating heroic LK. How many wipes did this take?

I joined Vox a couple weeks before their first LK kill.

At the time I was working nights and when I was available for raids I was usually too drunk to comprehend what was going on.

I spent maybe a couple hours @ most during final progression on that boss.
Usually when they brought me in, someone more good looking and with more charm than me would log on 30 mins or so later and take my place.

After that I would hearth back to Dalaran, put my head back down on my desk and try to stay awake whilst listening to vent.

As a result,
I was not part of the first H LK kill
..or second.
..or even our third I'm psure.
Edited by Keepitfng on 9/4/2012 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
The solution:Grow boobies.It gets you a raid spot. Every time.

Bándet - I think you missed the point of what Keepitfng was saying. He was saying that he was standing by, at the ready to help his guildmates through the troublesome times and although he did not get subbed in for that particular fight, he remained loyal and compassionate about the goals of his guild. Notice he is still a member of VR.

Score some points for Keepitfng.

And Bándet, please try to be nice and have some tact, I am making a serious contention about people who desire to raid on this server and try+try+try and comparing these individuals to those that cannot stand the monotony of wipe after wipe after wipe.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I'm not associated with those celeb guilds.
but we did wipe horribly on Sinastra for 2 days straight, and finally downed her before "almost giving up" on the third night.

Some ppl just lack patience, or time, or both.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
how are you wiping? stuffs easy
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Well I was being serious too.

Having boobies gets you a raid spot, because it helps raid morale. Try and deny it.

Boobies certainly have past history of causing distraction and unwanted drama (you know..those internet relationship situations lololol).

Not all boobies though, some boobies do indeed help morale.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter

Well I was being serious too.

Having boobies gets you a raid spot, because it helps raid morale. Try and deny it.

Boobies certainly have past history of causing distraction and unwanted drama (you know..those internet relationship situations lololol).

Not all boobies though, some boobies do indeed help morale.

OK let me be clear then, boobs are, in general, a good thing. HOWEVER, mentioning boobs in a raiding thread is way off topic and in no way are they conducive to our collective success unless we are all a bunch of boob powered WoW robots. (sounds a bit like a Verhoeven film?!?!)

We're not.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
translation: small boobs

Invincible. I am not a woman. This particular character is a woman but I am a man. How smart you are to assume that the identity of the character you see is based on the name of that character. You must be a genious or something.

I would like to interview you immediately to work in my department at work and write some PL/SQL and ColdFusion for me. Thanks.

Sometimes people make characters based on things they like and in all those years ago when I created this character she was named after the woman who is now my wife. Now, unlike you the names of my characters have meaning. I don't name my character "invincible" because I don't have a small brain nor do I have peepee envy like you. I am glad you are invincible though. Wow I am bored...
Edited by Crazywoman on 9/5/2012 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
09/05/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Unsubtle
how are you wiping? stuffs easy

0/8 heroic

Still not hard
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
OP: you lost me at "I have been on this server since early 2007, who are you?
Reply Quote
40 Human Hunter
Bandit idk why everyone on my guild hates u ur pretty funny on the forums
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]