Request...

90 Human Warrior
[quote]I think someone from Vox Radix could tell a long and insightful story about defeating heroic LK. How many wipes did this take?

Anyway MATTY. Too bad we didn't have you at as a Tank 2 months prior.

Vitaminwater and I joined Vox Radix 6/31/10, not really sure how long they were progressing on it beforehand. We killed him on 11/10/10 and wiped on him week end and week out, until that night.

Wiping on H LK was _painful_. We'd clear 11/12 H in 2-ish hours then proceed to 'progress' on H LK.

Phase one was always a joke unless you couldn't comprehend Shadowtraps (which was hard for some people, mainly tanks, some melee). Our ranged was pretty good about it because it had travel time. Infest was pretty ez because Minnoa was good at spamming shields, Envied a bit less and had Grove to do the last bit of topping-off. However, our tanks were... derp. We had a few Paladin tanks, who won't be named because of the rage that builds up when mentioning them, who just couldn't understand mechanics that aren't that hard. Any time we wiped in Phase one, it was a 98.56% chance it was a tank's fault (it was painful enough for me to switch from Fury as I was recruited as to Prot because I knew I could do better than them).

Phase two, oh phase two. Defile was hard with DBM. It tells you, along with Kiona yelling which is coming first, valks or defile, and people still had a hard time getting out of it. Why, I couldn't tell you, but it was tough stuff. Then came valks. We only had 1 to 2 Warlocks, so any time a valk picked them up, we were relieved shortly because we knew we had a bit more time before we wiped. Stuns and slows were a problem on valks, DPS not so much, implying they were stunned/slowed for maximum efficiency. Valks wiped us 44% of the time, defile 40%, infest 8%, and tank deaths the remaining 8% of the time. Occasionally, an out of control infest would wipe the raid, but not too often. Also, somehow our tanks would get 2 shot for unknown reasons, most likely being bad.

Quick side-bar, I don't think we had an attempt that went into Phase three where 20+ people were alive until 4.0 hit. That will be discussed after the Phase three paragraph below.

We only hit Phase three a few times, because it was super easy and we followed the star, which was Minnoa mostly, unless he died, and I took the reins a few times. We'd spread out like prostitutes seeing a police car and sprint *read: 23 members of the raid sprinted, our tanks, normally S key'd* to the other side of the platform.

I don't think the first week 4.0 was released, but I believe the second week it was released, Kiona had a revelation and found the awesomeness of which was Earthquake. Earthquake stunned the valks, and was not on the other stun diminishing returns. This allowed us to release all but maybe 1 or 2 from the valks before they were dropped off every attempt. After this amazingness of an ability was found, then never used again, we quickly started progressing into phase three before killing it I think the night after of finding it out.

When we killed it, we didn't fraps it because, frankly, nobody thought we were going to kill it. Tilgare will tell you otherwise, but don't listen to his blasphemous lies. We fraps'd the next weeks kill which can be found below along with a screenshot I took when we killed it.

I can't remember if on our first kill or second, we went into the Frostmourne room with about 6-7 people alive when he was at 11%, I remember myself, Minnoa and Hermione being some of them, and frantically running around inside trying to stay alive while Hermione spammed Holy Nova like a boss. When we came out, we spreaded out quickly for max DPS time and spammed that youngest of young Executes to finish him of and to achieve the epicness of what was vent sounded like when we did.

It was great to kill him obviously, regardless of 4.0 or 30% buff, !@#$ was still 'hard' for some people.

Hope you enjoyed my massive tl;dr while at lunch at work or whenever, and below is a screenshot of our Realm First kill and our second kill video. Maybe another person who was there could give their account of the painfulness then epicness of the night and the few months on H LK 25.

Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/CE3bh.jpg
Video (Part one) with Part two in the description section - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKzgVRvPydA
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/04/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Crazywoman
dude its a game

You are absolutely correct. And it is a game of trial and error, a game of wit, a competition and ..... oh yeah, a means by which we are entertained.

Baseball is a game. The Olympics are games. Football, basketball, hockey....

You can say "dude its a game" but what you are really saying is that you are oblivious to the competitive nature and complexities involved in being successful and prosperous in the game.

Go be naive somewhere else!!! =)

dude...its a game.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

I also don't want to start trouble or comment on Matty, he was mean to me once in /2 and he also does not have a positive review from some of his peers... He must be a damn good raider....

he is my favorite and i love him forever
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Also i <3 Matty!

I fkn <3 you too <33333
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxx

I also don't want to start trouble or comment on Matty, he was mean to me once in /2 and he also does not have a positive review from some of his peers... He must be a damn good raider....

I'm never mean to anyone EVER. not even one time. everybodyloveeverybody.

I may not be the best raider either but no body is perfect. Also, if they can't/won't address it... I could care less what other people think of me or my play style during raids.

However,
#1 world rank parses on SEPARATE CLASSES last tier has to count for something though right?..right? :D

(in before PVElolol)

he is my favorite and i love him forever

ily <----------------------------------------------> much ;)

Love, Matthew.

p.s. everybody love everybody
Edited by Keepitfng on 9/6/2012 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Hope you enjoyed my massive tl;dr while at lunch at work or whenever, and below is a screenshot of our Realm First kill and our second kill video. Maybe another person who was there could give their account of the painfulness then epicness of the night and the few months on H LK 25.

Nawp, thank you very much for that. Hopefully someone might read that (after they read all the trolls) and perhaps be inspired by it. I think it also proves a point - even if it is just that raiding takes patience and some effort.

I am going to leave the following topics alone:

1. Gender debate
2. Peeing contest between these PVP people who are here (why?!)
3. That guy that thinks "Dude, it's a game" (while I think to myself about that movie "Dude Where's my Car" which the title insulted me and I refused to watch)

And I am not sure how this will go over, but you guys do seem to love Matty a lot:

"Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand."

-Anonymous

<3
Edited by Crazywoman on 9/7/2012 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Matty I forgive you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/06/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Rafienpally
*Cough* World PVP *Cough*

oh ok. valid excuse..i guess

However,
#1 world rank parses on SEPARATE CLASSES last tier has to count for something though right?..right? :D

(in before PVElolol)

Most of the pvp'ers in this thread have no clue how to maximize their dps/hps or even what WoL are... xD

I'm glad us pve people love each other though. Makes the competition between us GREAT :)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
09/06/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Unsubtle
hi bink love you miss you.

hi unsub xoxo :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/07/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Sizesix
Matty I forgive you.

..wut did I do?! :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/07/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Keepitfng
Matty I forgive you.

..wut did I do?! :(

I was pugging (a long time ago) for a FL 10 man, and I cannot remember what I was pugging for, but I do remember that my post said something to the effect that "your gems/gear/enchants/achievements must hold up to scrutiny"

and you had replied in /2

"I am not sure my gear would hold up to scrutiny"

I remember these things =(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]