Anyone else loving the Shaman changes?

90 Blood Elf Priest
I am hesitatingly going to say that I actually like the changes. I ended up rolling a Goblin Shaman out of boredom, and it's turned out to be far more fun to have all these little totems I can use as mini CDs.

One thing that I noticed and I'm...a little confused about...my Chain Heal seemed to be bouncing way further than it should have at times. But I don't know if that was just a trick of the eye using the Glyph of Deluge or what.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
For the level 90 talents, it's basically going to be Primal Elementalist vs Unleashed Fury. Elemental Blast is complete garbage for Resto, because of the relatively weak buff it provides, the short duration and long cast time.

Unleashed Fury will likely be the superior talent for pure single target/tank healing and Primal Elementalist will be the superior talent for raid healing. The major problem with Unleashed Fury for a raid healing Shaman lies with the Unleash Elements - Healing Rain interaction. If you are using Healing Rain, you are going to want to use it with the ULE 30% buff; it's a huge HPS and HPM increase to do so. The problem with that is, the Unleash Fury buff is highly likely to get wasted, because you will have to ULE a target, cast a Healing Rain, and then cast a single target heal on the ULE target. You are looking at a ~5 second window before you would consume your Unleash Fury buff, by which time the target that its on is going to be topped off 90% of the time. It makes the talent nearly useless for raid healing.

Primal Elementalist is nothing spectacular, and is clumsy to use (split across 2 different elementals and you need to summon the elemental, then set the buff to channel), but it does work out to a 4% output increase if both elementals are used on CD. For raid healing, you kind of have to take it by default.

If they would make a few simple changes to the L90 talents, they would be more reasonable for Resto.
1. Put the Unleash Fury buff on the caster, not on the target of Unleash Elements. This would let you pick your target after casting a Healing Rain, and wouldn't result in getting sniped
2. Give Elemental Blast a healing effect instead of a damage effect for Resto. It wouldn't have to be extremely strong (would have to be balanced with the ~4% output PE gives, but EB needs to do something other than damage to be a viable talent for Resto. Possibly even add in a Spirit proc option for Resto.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
One thing that I noticed and I'm...a little confused about...my Chain Heal seemed to be bouncing way further than it should have at times.

If you become one of Chain Heal's jump targets, the visual ignores you and continues onto the next target. Thus you sometimes see it jumping pretty far, but you were actually one the intermediate targets for that specific bounce.

Good feedback Tiberria. I would be overjoyed to just see EB updated and competing for my attention.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/08/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Aurinaux
One thing that I noticed and I'm...a little confused about...my Chain Heal seemed to be bouncing way further than it should have at times.

If you become one of Chain Heal's jump targets, the visual ignores you and continues onto the next target. Thus you sometimes see it jumping pretty far, but you were actually one the intermediate targets for that specific bounce.

Hmm, that might explain it. Sometimes it's difficult to tell if that's the case. Thanks for the info! :)
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
For the level 90 talents, it's basically going to be Primal Elementalist vs Unleashed Fury. Elemental Blast is complete garbage for Resto, because of the relatively weak buff it provides, the short duration and long cast time.

Unleashed Fury will likely be the superior talent for pure single target/tank healing and Primal Elementalist will be the superior talent for raid healing. The major problem with Unleashed Fury for a raid healing Shaman lies with the Unleash Elements - Healing Rain interaction. If you are using Healing Rain, you are going to want to use it with the ULE 30% buff; it's a huge HPS and HPM increase to do so. The problem with that is, the Unleash Fury buff is highly likely to get wasted, because you will have to ULE a target, cast a Healing Rain, and then cast a single target heal on the ULE target. You are looking at a ~5 second window before you would consume your Unleash Fury buff, by which time the target that its on is going to be topped off 90% of the time. It makes the talent nearly useless for raid healing.

Primal Elementalist is nothing spectacular, and is clumsy to use (split across 2 different elementals and you need to summon the elemental, then set the buff to channel), but it does work out to a 4% output increase if both elementals are used on CD. For raid healing, you kind of have to take it by default.

If they would make a few simple changes to the L90 talents, they would be more reasonable for Resto.
1. Put the Unleash Fury buff on the caster, not on the target of Unleash Elements. This would let you pick your target after casting a Healing Rain, and wouldn't result in getting sniped
2. Give Elemental Blast a healing effect instead of a damage effect for Resto. It wouldn't have to be extremely strong (would have to be balanced with the ~4% output PE gives, but EB needs to do something other than damage to be a viable talent for Resto. Possibly even add in a Spirit proc option for Resto.

I like your suggestions. The problem with PE is that it doesn't have 100% uptime which means that you are going to have to burn GCDs in the fight along with sometimes it just won't be active. This makes it a poor choice for me. I like the idea of not having to find extra GCDs in the fight just to make my talents worth it. I realize this isn't totally the case with UE/UF either but with UF, its at least worth casting on cooldown whereas with PE I would want to save it for AoE phases which means some AoE phases it might not be active which is just an awful situation considering the state of resto spread healing (10m).
Edited by Niktesla on 9/9/2012 12:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Only thing I don't really like about PE (beyond the pet management itself part which others covered) is the fact that you have to sacrifice their DPS in order to get the healing buff.

I hope I'm not the only one, but I like dropping Fire Elemental as a Resto Shaman and feeling like I helped damage for just one GCD. I know our Resto used it on every fight this tier to get out some extra DPS.

I know it's not a big deal, just a little peeve of mine. I don't particularly play a Shaman enough to understand the finesse of the other changes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/08/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Qùess
I hope I'm not the only one, but I like dropping Fire Elemental as a Resto Shaman and feeling like I helped damage for just one GCD. I know our Resto used it on every fight this tier to get out some extra DPS.

Uless it is a real close dps check the dps provided by the elemenals is meaningless. It was okay on Ultra this past tier befor the nerfs and the earth ele was good on spine for the third plate. Otherwise thye weren't contributing alot tot he overall raid performance.
Reply Quote
89 Goblin Shaman
[quote]
As for whoever was going to use FE and TR together...I don't think resto shaman have glyphs to spare right now, especially 10m having to glyph RT juts to be raid viable and glyph of totem recall for free HSTs, SLTs, HTTs and SBTs (if you spec it). Using a glyph for a 10% increase to healing that's only up one eighth of a fight seems ridiculous. This doesn't even consider the extra healing from an extra HST every three minutes if you took CotE instead of TR plus there is a lot less hassle with CotE (or TP if you want it just for SLT).

Oh I agree using a TR/PE combo isn't good so sorry if that wasn't clear from my posting. Just shows how bad level 45 talents are though. Woohoo an extra HST or 2! Let's talk glyphs though, shall we?

Chaining: Much to punitive in relation to group up phases to use and I loathe it.
Water Shield: Would have been nice in Cata. Seems like very few procs in T14.
Riptide: Maybe mandatory but mana will be an issue.
Recall: Nice mana return. Let's hope it stays that way.
FE: 10% more healing for a monute every 3 minutes instead of 5 minutes. Clunky to use.
Cleansing Waters: 8 second cooldown so questionable even for fights with cleanse.
HST: 10% resistance on one random person for 50% of the fight. Meh
Telluric Currents: It's not mana regen anymore.
Spirit Walk: 5 second increase in duration. Movement fights incoming with no 15% speed.
Healing Wave: Heals you for 20% of your healing waves on others.

There will probably be a difference in glyph usage based on 25 man or 10 man play. As a 10 man raider I see the general glyph selection as Riptide, Spirit walk and Recall. Once 10 man raiders get to 4 set I can see dropping Riptide for .... hmm., errr, well I guess we won't be dropping it. Not a 25 man raider so not so sure if they have a different dynamic and may be way off on this but I could potentially see 25 man raiders using FE glyph because they will be raid healing as a primary responsibility. Can anyone say UE and Healing rain combo on the melee/tank group.
Edited by Glaurblin on 9/9/2012 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/09/2012 05:08 AMPosted by Harpoa
Uless it is a real close dps check the dps provided by the elemenals is meaningless. It was okay on Ultra this past tier befor the nerfs and the earth ele was good on spine for the third plate. Otherwise thye weren't contributing alot tot he overall raid performance.

Oh, I know it wasn't a lot of damage. I guess I just liked having a little fire buddy fight for me instead of channeling a beam on me.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
Oh I agree using a TR/PE combo isn't good so sorry if that wasn't clear from my posting. Just shows how bad level 45 talents are though. Woohoo an extra HST or 2! Let's talk glyphs though, shall we?

Chaining: Much to punitive in relation to group up phases to use and I loathe it.
Water Shield: Would have been nice in Cata. Seems like very few procs in T14.
Riptide: Maybe mandatory but mana will be an issue.
Recall: Nice mana return. Let's hope it stays that way.
FE: 10% more healing for a monute every 3 minutes instead of 5 minutes. Clunky to use.
Cleansing Waters: 8 second cooldown so questionable even for fights with cleanse.
HST: 10% resistance on one random person for 50% of the fight. Meh
Telluric Currents: It's not mana regen anymore.
Spirit Walk: 5 second increase in duration. Movement fights incoming with no 15% speed.
Healing Wave: Heals you for 20% of your healing waves on others.

There will probably be a difference in glyph usage based on 25 man or 10 man play. As a 10 man raider I see the general glyph selection as Riptide, Spirit walk and Recall. Once 10 man raiders get to 4 set I can see dropping Riptide for .... hmm., errr, well I guess we won't be dropping it. Not a 25 man raider so not so sure if they have a different dynamic and may be way off on this but I could potentially see 25 man raiders using FE glyph because they will be raid healing as a primary responsibility. Can anyone say UE and Healing rain combo on the melee/tank group.

Isn't spirit walk enh only? For me it will probably be Riptide, Recall and HST or TC. HST just because its somewhat useful or TC because it still gives a minute about of positive mana which I can use in the gaps. These glyphs are really uninspired.

I don't want to have to glyph my spread healing. The other specs don't have to glyph their stacked healing or single target healing or spread healing, why should I have to? Its one thing if my spread healing was just crappy but I have to glyph it and its crappy.

I do think that PE has more of a use in 25m unless the fight has to move though I guess they could pick up TP for that which seems like a lot of hassle again.

For 10m, I don't think PE is going to be all that great. UF isn't that great either but at least its available 100% of the time when its not on cooldown. SB isn't close viable for resto right now. If it were a heal it might be pretty nifty.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't understand why totems need a bar, they're not a stance and there's not very many of them — most of them aren't even exclusive in application, and that's the realm of an uptime tracker rather than a bar anyway.

At this point totems are like any other utility skill. It's like demanding a "bar" for Paladin Hand spells, or any other category of situational utility abilities. It's like... why? What's it accomplishing over just putting it on your actionbars?

Why does stealth need a bar? Why do Pally seals need a bar? I think that's what he's actually arguing - bars are in the game for classes that get very very little use out of them (in fact stealth is actually keybound on my rogue so I don't have to worry about clicking it) but the Shammy bar was taken out. Actually having the Pally 'hand' spells on a bar would be far far more useful then having our seals there.

Yes, pre-patch I had a few totems keybound that were situatuaional that I would need only occasionally but when I did need them I needed them right now. Having a bar would allow us to keep totems that we don't use very much in a convenient spot without taking up even more room on our action bars. That's my main complainant - having these totems just lined up seems pretty pointless compared to what we had. Of course we don't want to drop four at once anymore just because of the cd's on totems now and how little time they are up, but it would free up some space.

Really, if they thought Paladins and Rogues need a free spot just for three seals and stealth respectively, why can't Shammy's have their totem bars back? If you didn't want to use the bar, that's fine but it gives an option to those of us that do and I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/05/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Heartsings
Conductivity is just gimmicky. Like, it would have been amazing on Ultraxion. And I guess it's pretty useful for Enhance spec, since MW lets them keep Healing Rain up for free. Overall HTT is more likely to be useful.

I use conductivity now because it fits in with how I was playing before. I did have the talent (can't remember what it was - it was in the second tier of our tree) that allowed the next heal after a FS or ES was cast (didn't have to hit, just to cast it) to heal for 10%/20%/30% more. I took it because of all the stacking fights in DS and it worked really well, especially since it was compatible with HR. So on fights with heavy stacking (Ultra, Zon'oz on black phase etc) it did a lot because I was able to use it with HR. Conductivity fits what I'm used to right now and also for a good number of fights so I use it and I do like it.

Does that mean it's going to be useful at 90? No. In fact, when I set my talents I knew I would be redoing them at 90 because that play style is going to be based on this new system, not how we were playing in Cata. I can't forseee the future so I merely set my talents for what works for me right now.

I do find it interesting that some people in this thread are already saying what talents should be taken and what should be avoided. Wasn't that the point of this overhaul - so that we could pick what we wanted and not be cookie-cutter? Not that I thought it would actually work out that way but I do find it rather funny and ironic that before MoP even hits we have people listing why you need to pick a talent over other talents...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/09/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Talai
Conductivity is just gimmicky. Like, it would have been amazing on Ultraxion. And I guess it's pretty useful for Enhance spec, since MW lets them keep Healing Rain up for free. Overall HTT is more likely to be useful.

I use conductivity now because it fits in with how I was playing before. I did have the talent (can't remember what it was - it was in the second tier of our tree) that allowed the next heal after a FS or ES was cast (didn't have to hit, just to cast it) to heal for 10%/20%/30% more. I took it because of all the stacking fights in DS and it worked really well, especially since it was compatible with HR. So on fights with heavy stacking (Ultra, Zon'oz on black phase etc) it did a lot because I was able to use it with HR. Conductivity fits what I'm used to right now and also for a good number of fights so I use it and I do like it.

Does that mean it's going to be useful at 90? No. In fact, when I set my talents I knew I would be redoing them at 90 because that play style is going to be based on this new system, not how we were playing in Cata. I can't forseee the future so I merely set my talents for what works for me right now.

I do find it interesting that some people in this thread are already saying what talents should be taken and what should be avoided. Wasn't that the point of this overhaul - so that we could pick what we wanted and not be cookie-cutter? Not that I thought it would actually work out that way but I do find it rather funny and ironic that before MoP even hits we have people listing why you need to pick a talent over other talents...

Conductivity is complete and utter garbage. Yes, the talent trees were supposed to provide choices. But, in this case, Conductivity for Resto is the WRONG choice in every situation.

Here are the problems with it.

1. The output it provides is terrible. Even if you adjust your play style to get the most out of it, the total output it provides is 1/4 or less of what Ancestral Guidance or Healing Tide Totem proves.

2. It requires a playstyle change that reduces your efficiency/output. If people are stacked up in a Healing Rain, using Riptide on cooldown and chain healing off Riptide targets hitting 4 targets per CH cast while using Healing Stream on CD is the highest HPS/HPM rotation. Guess what, none of that works with Conductivity, except for the direct heal portion of Riptide. To make Conductivity work, you need to cast single target heals. If you cast single target heals while the raid is stacked, you lose efficiency and output. The bottom line is, you lose more output from doing this than you gain from Conductivity.

3. Healing Tide Totem (and to a lesser extent Ancestral Guidance) are very powerful raid cooldowns, especially on low health raids and their synergy with our mastery. By taking Conductivity, you are depriving your raid of a raid cooldown.

Ultimately, the bottom line is, Conductivity is always the wrong choice for resto in 99.9% of all situations.

The other reality for Resto Shaman is, the talent system has essentially failed. We basically have 3 talents that don't matter significantly (the T15, T30 and T45 talents) and 2 other talents (Healing Tide Totem and Ancestral Swiftness) that are close to mandatory in 95%+ of situations. The only real choice is the L90 talents, and even then, you have one of the 3 that's completely useless, and two other ones that are pretty limited to the type of healing you are doing. We just have to get our head around the concept that the new talent system giving full choices is a myth - at least for Resto Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Why does stealth need a bar? Why do Pally seals need a bar? I think that's what he's actually arguing - bars are in the game for classes that get very very little use out of them (in fact stealth is actually keybound on my rogue so I don't have to worry about clicking it) but the Shammy bar was taken out. Actually having the Pally 'hand' spells on a bar would be far far more useful then having our seals there.

Stealth needs a bar, because rogues and druids have a completely different set of abilities that are only usable while in stealth. You don't want or need to have to have things like Ambush, Sap, Pickpocket, etc on your main non-stealthed action bars; having a stealth have different bars lets you consolidate that. It's the same as warrior stances or druid forms having different bars.

Pally seals probably don't really need a bar; you generally don't switch between seals that often, and they probably could save UI space by eliminating it and letting people just hot key the seals they switch to.

As far as totems, I don't think we need a totem bar. They are essentially just cooldowns now. If they brought back a bar with the "Call of the ..." pre-sets, all it would let us do is essentially drop multiple cooldowns at once. No other class has that ability with cooldowns, so it's not unreasonable that they got rid of the totem bar.

That said, here are some changes that should be considered for totems.

1. The restriction of one totem per element doesn't really make sense anymore with the redesign. Why can't I use Healing Tide and Mana Tide at the same time when a Druid can use Tranquility while Innervate is active? They should get rid of the elemental restrictions (possibly with the exception of Searing/Fire Elemental) and just set a maximum number of totems that can be down at once.

2. The fact that every totem is on the GCD needs to be looked at. Is it reasonable that Devotion Aura is off the GCD while Spirit Link is on it? Just because cooldowns are totems, they shouldn't necessarily have to invoke the GCD if similar abilities from other classes do not.
Reply Quote
89 Goblin Shaman

Conductivity is complete and utter garbage. Yes, the talent trees were supposed to provide choices. But, in this case, Conductivity for Resto is the WRONG choice in every situation.

Here are the problems with it.

1. The output it provides is terrible. Even if you adjust your play style to get the most out of it, the total output it provides is 1/4 or less of what Ancestral Guidance or Healing Tide Totem proves.

2. It requires a playstyle change that reduces your efficiency/output. If people are stacked up in a Healing Rain, using Riptide on cooldown and chain healing off Riptide targets hitting 4 targets per CH cast while using Healing Stream on CD is the highest HPS/HPM rotation. Guess what, none of that works with Conductivity, except for the direct heal portion of Riptide. To make Conductivity work, you need to cast single target heals. If you cast single target heals while the raid is stacked, you lose efficiency and output. The bottom line is, you lose more output from doing this than you gain from Conductivity.

3. Healing Tide Totem (and to a lesser extent Ancestral Guidance) are very powerful raid cooldowns, especially on low health raids and their synergy with our mastery. By taking Conductivity, you are depriving your raid of a raid cooldown.

Ultimately, the bottom line is, Conductivity is always the wrong choice for resto in 99.9% of all situations.

The other reality for Resto Shaman is, the talent system has essentially failed. We basically have 3 talents that don't matter significantly (the T15, T30 and T45 talents) and 2 other talents (Healing Tide Totem and Ancestral Swiftness) that are close to mandatory in 95%+ of situations. The only real choice is the L90 talents, and even then, you have one of the 3 that's completely useless, and two other ones that are pretty limited to the type of healing you are doing. We just have to get our head around the concept that the new talent system giving full choices is a myth - at least for Resto Shaman.

And this is why Tiberria is a good Resto Shaman. Everything above is 100% accurate. This became readily apparent on Beta and it also became very clear that Rshaman were not going to be changed 1/2 way through beta based on feedback from the blues. Didn't like the the feedback much but there was more communitcaion then any other beta in WOW history. At that point I started learning how to play a Monk. Love my RShamans though. Monk is so different. Shaman healing is almost completely reactive. Monk healing is very rotational. Not sure where I will end up.

Not sure our glyphs are all that much better then the talents. Niktesia the glyph adds 5 seconds to Spiritwalkers Grace. Not all that great but heck what are the other choices? HST meh, Water Sheild? Maybe. Maybe I am cutting off my nose to spite my face but I will take a sledge hammer to my computer before I glyph Chaining.

Edit: I do need a new computer though. Ah yes would also like to mention a pet peeve. 3 new totems HTT, SBT, and Stormlast and they are look the same. Seriously, they couldn't spend the time to make up a few more totem skins?
Edited by Glaurblin on 9/9/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Loving a lot of the changes with resto! Initially I was a little WTF about totems, but seeing it in practice I'm actually really enjoying them. It feels like they actually do something now, healing tide is AMAZING - every time I drop it I say a little prayer of the blue gods that they don't decide to take the nerfbat to it. Also, I opted for stone bulwark and really enjoy having a shield when I need it - but I can also see astral shift being useful. The changes to water shield are very handy although I wish they would do something a little better with mana tide totem, it doesn't seem to have much oomph (imo).

Still trying to get used to the riptide glyph - retraining my muscle memory is gonna take a bit - but still a very interesting choice for a glyph :D
Reply Quote
77 Gnome Mage
09/09/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Tiberria

But on DPS checks when resto needs to change to elemental to ge that little extra dps while still providing healing it won't be terrible. Straight resto spec i agree it won't be the best choice but careful how you word things. People take what they read on the forums as gospel.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
Not sure our glyphs are all that much better then the talents. Niktesia the glyph adds 5 seconds to Spiritwalkers Grace. Not all that great but heck what are the other choices? HST meh, Water Sheild? Maybe. Maybe I am cutting off my nose to spite my face but I will take a sledge hammer to my computer before I glyph Chaining.

Is glyph of spirit walk like that on live? Neither wowhead or the armory have the glyph increasing SWG's duration. I think HST is the prime choice out of those. WS maybe on the fights wtih lots of damage that procs it. For me, glyph of spirit walk is almost useless extending SWG's duration. I can't remember one time that I ever used the full duration of SWG.

I won't use glyph of chaining either. Its too harsh of a tradeoff. If it made the CH instant with a cooldown it might be okay but having to cast a 2.5 second spell with a four second cooldown is way too much. CH naturally has a built in cooldown because of the cast time, it doesn't need another. I doubt you will see many shaman pick this up over RT or even in addition to RT.

09/10/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Flickers
But on DPS checks when resto needs to change to elemental to ge that little extra dps while still providing healing it won't be terrible. Straight resto spec i agree it won't be the best choice but careful how you word things. People take what they read on the forums as gospel.

No. Tiberria is 100% correct. Conductivity is 99.999% useless for resto. You are talking about elemental which has nothing to do with healers. This is the healing forums.

I still don't think conductivity is the best choice for enh or ele. I would rather have a DPSer's clutch HTT than them losing DPS over casting HR so much for a job that's not even theirs. I would have a talk with a DPS shaman in my raid who took this talent and they would pick a new talent or find a new raid. DPSers are there to DPS, not heal. Conductivity lowers their DPS significantly compared to the other options in that tier. Conductivity is crap for all specs.

2. The fact that every totem is on the GCD needs to be looked at. Is it reasonable that Devotion Aura is off the GCD while Spirit Link is on it? Just because cooldowns are totems, they shouldn't necessarily have to invoke the GCD if similar abilities from other classes do not.

I suggested this at the begining of beta and I saw it suggested many times since by others. I'm sure it was suggested long before this beta. It seems to have fallen of deaf ears. A lot timers for the classes are off the GCD. There is a precedent that could be extended to totems or maybe totems of a certain duration (longer durations are off the GCD).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/10/2012 05:33 AMPosted by Niktesla
No. Tiberria is 100% correct. Conductivity is 99.999% useless for resto. You are talking about elemental which has nothing to do with healers. This is the healing forums.

I know which forum i posted in. Resto shaman will be the most powerful heal/dps toon when a healer needs to be dropped for a dps but healing requirements are still difficult. Switching to elem while still sudo healing. I was proposing and alternate use for the talent, not advocating it, but also not dismissing it.
Edited by Harpoa on 9/10/2012 7:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
09/10/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Harpoa
I know which forum i posted in. Resto shaman will be the most powerful heal/dps toon when a healer needs to be dropped for a dps but healing requirements are still difficult. Switching to elem while still sudo healing. I was proposing and alternate use for the talent, not advocating it, but also not dismissing it.

If DPS requirements are that strict, why wouldn't you have the ele do as much damage as they can possibly do? Why would you have them gimp their DPS so much by throwing out craptastic heals? They could just throw down an HTT during a tough phase or pop AG during a tough phase. That's one GCD as opposed to many throughout the fight with Conductivity. If you need that much extra healing throughout the fight, it sounds like your healers need to be talked to.

While I agree the idea is neat, I think it fails in practice. One big reason is that everybody would have to be standing in healing raid for Conductivity to work. The boss needs to be standing in it too. This is unreasonable for a lot of the fights. If the shaman needed to help with spread healing you are out of luck.

Another thing, shaman will be the best (arguably) stacked healers so in that situation where you need to drop a healer for a stack fight, why would you drop your best stacked healer? Nobody with a brain would do that.

I also am unsure that shaman would be the best to switch to DPS for their DPS. I haven't see monk, druid, priest and shaman DPS compared side by side at 90. Is there any numbers to back this up?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]