Word Of glory is bugged pls fix it ffs

90 Human Paladin
Why is it when im fighting someone and i run out of range for any of my spells or go line of sight and cast word of glory while i have them targeted it will say out of range? I do not glyph for harsh words. It just plain says out of range but its a self heal not an attack without the glyph can you pls for the love of god fix this it makes the game unbearable to play.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not sure if serious or a troll....
Reply Quote
Make a macro and replace your WoG bind with it:

#showtooltip Word of Glory
/cast [target=player] Word of Glory
Edited by Morenn on 9/4/2012 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/04/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Sparklefever
It's a weird bug. Just make a macro for it.
Not sure if serious or a troll....
It is a bug... seriously, don't be dense.

*shrug*

First I'm hearing of it. Haven't ran into it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Haven't had any issues
Reply Quote
I also have this same issue. I'm not glyphed for Harsh Words and everytime I'm line of sight or out of range from my target I can't Word of Glory myself while having that target targetted, even with auto self cast enabled. It's really anoying because I have to untarget my target to do so and I really don't want to make a macro just to heal myself, it would just ruin my word of glory macro I have now, which is shift mod to one player, ctrl mod another and if an enemy target is targetted or no target is targetted it does it on myself.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Having same issue. Incredibly frustrating. I'll be in an arena, my health drops low, I work my !@# off to LoS the dude, I go to WoG,"Target not in line of sight" or "Target out of range.". HOW CAN I LINE OF SIGHT MYSELF?! HOW CAN I BE OUT OF RANGE OF MYSELF?! Makes me rage so hard lol. Always when I need it most.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
It is an annoying bug. Yes, you can get around it with a macro, but I'd rather see the spell fixed than have to macro around a bug. Please do fix this blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Something similar happened for a week or two after 5.0 was released with the shaman ability Unleash Elements. With the Earthliving weapon imbue, if you have an enemy targeted, and you cast it, it should heal yourself, but instead it was saying "Invalid Target".

They fixed it pretty quick, and they will probably fix this one as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I hope so, but it has been broken since the same time and no fix yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd love to see the macros you guys are using that say it's bugged.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/16/2012 12:35 AMPosted by Mitimem
I'd love to see the macros you guys are using that say it's bugged.

The macros work around the bug. It's when you keybind the spell.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well obviously it will cause problems if you keybind it. Even without the glyph the mechanics necessary to turn that into an offensive and healing spell are present. It's not going to default to auto selfcast when targeting something out of range or LOS because certain client side checks are accomplished first, such as range, LOS and movement, before casts so the GCD is not activated. Success or fail, a spell attempt activates the GCD.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/16/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Sparklefever
You just went full retard.

You just lost all credibility.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/16/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Mitimem

You were incorrect, though, in that a failed spell attempt doesn't activate the GCD, or spamming my auto shot bind on my hunter while waiting a fraction of a second for the focus regen to get me the focus needed would cause me to be having empty GCDs where I didn't actually do anything and was still unable to because of the behavior you described.

My workaround for this bug, which I have noticed just not really realized I've noticed, is to use vuhdo even while tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A failed spell activates the cooldown. Failed spells are spells that are still cast, but do not perform the function for a variety of reasons. However, a spell is not attempted if it fails one of the checks prior to the cast. Range, LOS and movement are not the only checks. Resources are also checked. Your example of the hunter doesn't disprove this fact. The hunter shot is never attempted because the resource check failed and the spell is not attempted. If a player doesn't have the mana to cast a heal and tries anyway, it doesn't activate the GCD and it doesn't attempt the spell.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Ghostcrawler made a twitter post about it saying the Harsh Words glyph caused the issue and they haven't figured out how to fix it.

No you posted crap. Its a healing spell without the glyph. It is not offensive at all. It shouldn't need to check how far your enemy is if you cast it while they are targetted because it is a heal. Do not mix it up with penance or holy shock. Without the glyph it is only a heal. It would be like you not being able to use your hots on yourself while an enemy is targetted. Its a bug. It has been acknowledged. You are wrong.
Edited by Cynix on 12/16/2012 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]