Patch 5.3 Changes:
- Arcane Brilliance had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 4%.
- Arcane Explosion now deals 40% more damage.
- Blizzard now deals 40% more damage.
- Dalaran Brilliance had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 4%.
- Flamestrike now deals 100% more initial damage. Periodic damage remains unchanged.
- Mirror Image creates copies that no longer cast Fire Blast, but their Frostbolt do 10% more damage.
- Teleport: Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Portal: Vale of Eternal Blossoms now have new icons.
- Flameglow now absorbs damage from each attack made against the Mage equal to 15% of their spellpower (down from 20%).
- Incanter's Ward now allows the Mage to gain up to a maximum of 15% increase to spell damage, down from 30%, but the effect now lasts 25 seconds, up from 15 seconds.
- Living Bomb periodic damage has been increased by 121%. Its explosion damage has been reduced by 78%, but now scales with additional periodic ticks added by haste, and hits all nearby targets (up from 3).
Thanks Mageski! Guide is now updated for the most part. The only section I remain unresolved on is our AoE rotation, particularly as far as the mage bombs are concerned, and whether Flamestrike is still worth using on extended AoE.
For those wondering as to which bomb to use for single-target, I think Living Bomb is the way to go. For the specifics on its scaling with haste, the explosion damage is increased by 25% each time an additional tick is reached. As far as AoE, my guess is that Living bomb will be the way to go in general for 1-5 targets, unless there are 4-5 targets that are spread out. Frost Bomb is still okay, especially for 6+ enemies, but in single-target it's starting to fall behind Nether Tempest and Living Bomb. Of course if small dps differences aren't an issue, then use whichever bomb you want.
As always, please feel free to ask any questions or add any corrections to the guide. And again, I'll need clarification on our AoE rotation/where our bombs come into play for AoE.