Blizzard Mentor Alliance

MVP
90 Worgen Mage
Morning all, thought I'd drop a simple post here listing Blizzard Mentor Alliance (AKA: Silentium) in the recruitment pool.

We're primarily looking for new and returning players to the game. Feel free to inquire with any member in game.

We're a casual friendly guild.. no matter the time of day, you can usually find a few folks on, at the very least. Additionally, being part of the Guild Mentoring system, we often go out of our way to help out when we can.

And before we get a negative response.. welcome to the thread, forum trolls... I look forward to clicking 'report' next to every one of your names. :p
Edited by Caspien on 9/6/2012 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/06/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Caspien
And before we get a negative response.. welcome to the thread, trolls... I look forward to clicking 'report' next to every one of your names. :p

I'd prob take this part out, def not a good way to recruit NEW ppl. It shows a few things, your not friendly, your quick to judge, you cant handle problems or critism. This is jus friendly advice. Good day sir.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
To keep this on track if at all possible.

If you are new or returning to the game and are horde side? Seek out <Blizzard Mentor Horde>. I'm sure they'd look forward to meeting you. Lok'tar Ogar
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Mage
The forums are filled with trolls.. criticism I can handle just fine.. but trolling for the sake of trolling (which is what I'm referring to) usually gets tacked onto recruitment threads every time you turn around. The primary reason they are allowed to continue to do so, is because no one takes the time to report them.

As far as 'quick to judge', is there any other way to judge a troll? ;)

Thanks for the advice, btw.
Reply Quote
45 Troll Rogue

As far as 'quick to judge', is there any other way to judge a troll? ;)

Hey! Stop that!

Although, yes, if you are a new or returning player, I did get a /wave from the Horde mentoring guild, so I'm quite sure they are just as willing to help as Silentium...even if you are a Troll :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
To keep this on track if at all possible.

If you are new or returning to the game and are horde side? Seek out <Blizzard Mentor Horde>. I'm sure they'd look forward to meeting you. Lok'tar Ogar

We do, indeed! It's been tons of fun helping out new players, running dungeons with them, and watching them get excited over things like their first mounts.

Which ever side the new players might choose, they'll be in friendly, helpful hands!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Now for those new players. If you're thinking "Hey Tor, should I play a DK?" Well, I'll answer your question with a quesiton. What do you think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_oyXSSFAL0

p.s. contains epic spoilers
Edited by Tor on 9/6/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
There should be class specific mentors too. Like "Hunter Mentor Ijanaak" should be my title...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Just so I have full understanding here. You have issues with a hunter being banned a long time ago and that some players now have green text? There is no added weight by the color. It's more likely about just having more accountability.

In regards to the guilds selected? I doubt it was that random. I wager a ton of guilds that applied were declined outright based on some of their past actions. That truly doesn't even make the guilds who were selected extra "special". It just means those guilds are willing to help other players.

p.s.

It would probably be better to take these sorts of opinions about the MvP system to the general forums maybe. While I don't think the MvP system even needs to exist? Railing on people that have it can be construed as just being upset at not being one yourself. I'm perfectly fine with not being green. There are much better colors to be anyway.
Edited by Tor on 9/7/2012 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
On the contrary. If you go on a long tangent rant about the MvP system then that is YOU and not the original poster. Again this would be more for the general discussion forums for you to rant on and on about transgressions while bringing up outside subjects to in some way elevate your claims. Truly your issues are with Blizzard so take it up with them instead of other guilds. The Mentoring system is not even for you. It's more for new players and it's more a social thing. If you'd like to think it's extra special past that? That is more like making a mountain out of a mole hill.

p.s.

He's only a mvp - guild mentor and it goes away when the Mentoring ends in a few months...
Edited by Tor on 9/7/2012 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Mage
So.. let me elaborate a bit more on the 'trolls' comment. As soon as this system went live, the amount of non-helpful, trolls of the Blackhand community, began targeting my guild essentially making fun of the fact that we're 'not a number one guild', and that we 'don't deserve it' purely because of that fact alone. I came fully prepared (post included) to deal with the forum trolls and personal attacks that would appear with any post made at all.

As I'm happy to say: A good person can be taught to press buttons, but a good button pusher can not necessarily be taught to be a good person.

I knew, regardless of what was posted here, I'd get people openly coming out and attempting to troll, or attack the guild in general, so it's easier to get the statement up front that I, and the majority of the guild, have no tolerance for trolls, or people that find it acceptable to call someone 'Pathetic' for simply stating something rather lightheartedly (notice the " ;p " at the end of the statement?).

So, while I'm not sorry for the statement I made, I *AM* sorry that some people can't take a tongue in cheek joke that many players on the server know me for. Just because you don't understand the joke, doesn't make it 'pathetic'. It simply means you're not the targeted audience.
Reply Quote
okay

also, this was provoked by the OP, not me, and my remarks were arguably more about the guild mentoring system than the MVP system in general

provoked by the OP by making an offhanded remark about trolls or because he has green text?

your running commentary on the existence of green text is really out of context. caspien has the MVP position just as most of the others do, to draw attention to him as an authority about the game not because he's in an elevated position, but more if you have questions or need help, you can hit him up, which is not necessarily the case for the normal folks.

That is the point of being a guild mentor. He volunteered. In order to be helpful. There is no great conspiracy here and it has nothing to do with state versus federal rights.

Thank you for your point of view, but any further commentary on this topic should be taken to the general discussion forums.

If anyone has any questions or comments about the game or guild, just hit anyone up in game with the tag <Blizzard Mentor Alliance> and we'll be happy to help. Same is probably true on the other side of the fence with the <Blizzard Mentor Horde> crowd.

Happy Trails!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You have my respect for putting up with someone who obviuously has an axe to grind. Personally I would call his comments trolling you as his post had zero, zip nada to do with the OP's post and was simply hostile with issues that had nothing to do with you guys being awesome and helping out new/returning players.

Anyhow

I have an alliance alt that I like to play and would be willing to lend a hand if you are interested. I'll psst you in game.

Personal anecdote: The awesome people with No Pants Required took me in as a fresh faced bad newb and helped me into the other aspects of the game. No Pants did not raid or have a specific PvP agenda so they would point players towards guilds that did.

On that note, a question do you see yourself as a goteway for "newbs" into other guilds or an end destination guild? I am not casting asperations of any sort just really curious.

Again a huge shout out to my friends in No Pants! Without whom I and I know many others would not be here!

Thanks Lone
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I will just proceed to answer questions when asked. The Guild Mentoring thing is more about helping new players into the game and helping those returning adapt to the current game climate. While I enjoy raiding I also know many others who prefer PvP. I'd direct players to those that share their interests. My interests tend to be in DK and Druid mechanics so that is my game skill set. As a guild we're just a social guild that does some raids.

The main thing about the Guild Mentoring that Blizzard wanted and I am all for is to be social and helpful. Blizzard did not require guilds to change what they normally do. So if we were raiding or wished to then we can continue to do that. Those that wish to PvP can group together to. It's about community and being helpful and working together. Too many think of guilds as only raiding or only pvp. I truly think most guilds have a bit of everything in them. Just the Guild Mentoring is really more about showing new players what it's like to not play alone in an mmo.

p.s.

We all started somewhere in games. It's the people that truly gets most to log in. If you pay a monthly fee to just play alone after a while it can get boring or lonely. Players that complain about low population servers have that issue on a larger scale. The guild mentoring is to help them broaden their horizons I think. The guilds that have been chosen for this first round of testing are just along for ride as Blizzard tries this new format.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Mage
On that note, a question do you see yourself as a goteway for "newbs" into other guilds or an end destination guild? I am not casting asperations of any sort just really curious.

Again a huge shout out to my friends in No Pants! Without whom I and I know many others would not be here!

Thanks Lone

Hmmm.. are we the journey or the destination... Good question. For some, I imagine the mentoring program will just be part of the journey, much like many of us have been in other guilds in the past.. for others who enjoy the level of camaraderie that we enjoy in 'Silentium', I have no doubt they will stick around. (That's actually how we've gotten many of our players in the past)

Even prior to the mentoring system, I've openly told people if they feel the need to go explore their options elsewhere, they're more than welcome to do so (It's their $15/mo... not mine :)

If/when those players decide to come back, we welcome them back with open arms usually, much akin to 'Norm' on Cheers.

Those that stick around know what we ask of them, which is primarily just to have fun (as long as it's not at the expense of others). I've been 'that guy' in the past who screams and yells at people who aren't pulling their weight in guilds/raids, and it took some rather drastic eye opening on another server to make me see exactly what the heck I'd become. I didn't like it, so I returned to Blackhand on my main (Caspien) and reopened Silentium with the help of many of my friends that I've made over the years. (how some of them have stood by me over the years, I have no idea ;)

So, this current 'Blizzard Mentor Alliance' on Blackhand is made up of a hodgepodge of players from many different guilds.

As Tor said, we all came from somewhere.. and we all started as Newbies ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Well I don't think a #1 guild necessarily deserves the guild mentoring honor - in fact, if after the program has run its course. If anyone in your guild wants to be mentored by GS members, app up.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Goblin Mage
If anyone has any questions or comments about the game or guild, just hit anyone up in game with the tag <Blizzard Mentor Alliance> and we'll be happy to help. Same is probably true on the other side of the fence with the <Blizzard Mentor Horde> crowd.

Happy Trails!

Absolutely! It's good to see our Ally counterparts are hard at work as well. I've already directed a few players who mentioned interest in playing an Alliance toon your way.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Mage
Awesome! Good to hear Rokk, and thanks ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]