"Shockadins" dont need a nerf ( why )

90 Human Paladin
Shock pallys dont need a nerf, the lvl cap increase and how things will scale come 90 will take care of it.. to be honest this is the time to be testing to just simply see if things actually work, not to worry about balance as it doesnt exist.

An example of absurd balance is last night I hit a rogue with holy shock for 112K this is with all CD's up and Zerker, but hey,, thats game imbalance.

Truth be told Healing is out of wack too, but again I think this like shockadins that will be balanced arround lvl 90 Health pools.

Things that need a nerf if you were to balance this game arround "NOW" would be

Healers ( all )
Shockadins.
Ferals.
Beast Masters.

The rest of the classes are ok at best, and a few spec's are terrible.

That is all.

The rest of the classes are "ok"
Edited by Cezar on 9/2/2012 8:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy shock needs and will get a significant nerf. We all know it's coming.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I should just refer you to my previous post on the issue.

Doesn't need a nerf as damage output needed buffed due to the new questing system.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
All of these people claiming how it's fine because it's balanced at 90 do not realize that Blizz can and has nerfed lower lvl abilities constantly without affecting upper levels so yes they need to rebalance this for 85 and below since that was what the ptr was for.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
If sub-level 90 doesn't matter, they should disable every single BG from the game that is not max level. They should also immediately scale every single low-level dungeon and player in them up to max level (temporarily) so that it is balanced.

Sub-level 90 content does matter, and it does need to be balanced because it exists as part the game. It might not be balanced the week they release an overhaul, but it needs to happen as a priority sooner rather than later.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/03/2012 06:57 AMPosted by Purebalance
All of these people claiming how it's fine because it's balanced at 90 do not realize that Blizz can and has nerfed lower lvl abilities constantly without affecting upper levels so yes they need to rebalance this for 85 and below since that was what the ptr was for.

Exactly this.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
If sub-level 90 doesn't matter, they should disable every single BG from the game that is not max level. They should also immediately scale every single low-level dungeon and player in them up to max level (temporarily) so that it is balanced.

Sub-level 90 content does matter, and it does need to be balanced because it exists as part the game. It might not be balanced the week they release an overhaul, but it needs to happen as a priority sooner rather than later.

Exactly. Why did they focus a lot of cata on lower lvl quests to only say screw bg balance now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You guys are absolutely right and I'm seeing huge hits from most of the dps classes now with locks and bm hunters hitting around 50k and better with single abilities.

We need some blanket dps nerfs across the board to bring it back in balance. Locks self healing is ok but coupled with the damage output is way over the top and add that to the bm hunter doing the same thing it's ridiculous. Mage control is far too high for the damage output and look at shaman as enhance or elemental both are ridiculous since they can off heal is way too much.

With warriors second wind that's way too much healing for how much damage they do. Deathknights are no innocents as with their new dispel and op self healing nothing can stand in their way. Forget all your CD's they'll just be dispelled and you'll just sit in cc if you try and heal something.

With holy shock critting for about what it used to give or take around 5k thats way over the top for an instant ability. I mean yeah it's got a CD but i never know when they're gonna use it. When I'm on my mage I had a pally almost break my shield before i could rebuff it.

And this whole denouce preventing crit's! That really needs to be looked at it's dropping my base damage down to like 32k. And the debuff lasts for nearly 2 seconds that's a bit too long imo.

No need to look at all the damage being done let's focus on the ridiculous healing that's built in to counter it. I mean it's a bit over what it was but is just too much for me now with the 40% base resil there's no way I can solo a healer now.

Blizz you gotta look into this stuff right away.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
50k isnt even a lot in cataclysm. You ahve to be in real trash gear to be getting hit for 50k by a BM hunter. My blink strikes and kill commands are no where near 50k and I am in the optimal gear setup.

Stop trolling vaega.

It's just lowering the coefficient for 1-84 and it should be fixed. If anybody noticed health pools are better at lower levels now which helps a little but yeah.

Damage needs to be tuned but if you touch the healing then you have to adjust the healing of all other healers as well. This is especially true for hybrids at lower levels.

If you're losing to a holy pally at 85 you just suck.

Please teach me or many superb players how to avoid those 20k holy shocks and denounces while you heal your self back up to full because thats right you're a spec'd healer.

Dont tell people that they suck when you yourself are probably one of the biggest bottom feeding players in the game who happens to play a healer in 5.0.4
Dont act like you deserve the damage, Holy paladins dont need dps, they have retribution for that. Sorry if you dont like ret, protection is just as good for questing. But please dont tell me with a straight face that healers get to now be ranged nukers.

Go evaluate your own game play (look at your own pvp experience before you call others sucky).
Reply Quote
I'm being chased after in bg's by holy paladins...........why? Because in the end, regardless of how well I play, in a 1v1 fight with this "heal" spec he can actually kill me.

I'm all for having fun and enjoying your moment in the sun when your class or spec is OP for a bit, just dont be stupid and think you are actually skilled during these times. The current design of your class or spec is winning the fight, not you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"balanced for 90" is bad design. remember ret 3.0 being hotfix nerfed within 48 hours of the patch because it was "balanced for 80, wait and see".
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Paladin
09/03/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Mandulis
"balanced for 90" is bad design. remember ret 3.0 being hotfix nerfed within 48 hours of the patch because it was "balanced for 80, wait and see".

It also caused Ret to be complete garbage in a tier full of undead, even with the roughly 35% increased damage against undead that they used to get.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Holy shock needs and will get a significant nerf. We all know it's coming.

Agreed. The optimal solution is to nerf how it scales at low level and just keep it the way it is at level 90.

The best case scenario is Blizz nerf low level scaling of holy shock. While they havent done that I think ill pvp on my holy pally for a while :P
Edited by Zerde on 9/3/2012 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Dont act like you deserve the damage, Holy paladins dont need dps, they have retribution for that. Sorry if you dont like ret, protection is just as good for questing.

How nicely you gloss over that we don't deserve the damage without revealing that we actually need the damage to be able to quest in guess what?... holy; as with the new questing system you will have to quest in what you're planning to play as.

You have no sympathy to let a healer spend an exorbitant amount of time trying to kill mobs you yourself are 2 shotting. I in turn have no sympathy for you when you wait in that 2 hour dungeon queue and wonder why no tanks or healers are queuing.

Go ahead whine and complain I don't really care if it get's nerfed since in the end I'll have mine leveled and be in a very few minority. The whole while not just you will suffer but all the other dpser's that decided not to be honest about what should and shouldn't be.
Edited by Vaega on 9/3/2012 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
rofl who quests as holy? the game has been like this since vanilla and this is your excuse as to why they need the damage buff now? your double heals..offspec ret?? i mean you'll only be ret till level 90 and not like you'd need two holy specs to level.

obviously an oversight by devs and is getting the nerf hammer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]