"Shockadins" dont need a nerf ( why )

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy shock needs to be buffed a slight bit. Not to the same level as before. However to a decent level.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/10/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Tirelle
Holy shock needs to be buffed a slight bit. Not to the same level as before. However to a decent level.

Sorry that you have to go back to healing for a living?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
Pennance can be stopped. Holy shock could not.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
09/06/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Kaivax
By far, most of our effort is currently on level-90 balance, because that’s what’s important to most players.

The only thing I care about is what I'm playing right now. If you are going to leave players with a broken game for a month, you should make that month free from subscription fees. You're about to charge us all 40$ for an expansion anyways, so you might as well.

Speaking of subscription fees, you guys might want to watch what your "Goons Around The World" are saying. Apparently our subscription fees mostly pay for customer support. If that's the case, feel free to disable Customer Sevice Ticketing on my account and let me get 15$ a month back.

EDIT: You guys need to get a leash on your employees in general. They spew so much bad information and insult so many players, on a global scale even, it is really quite hilarious. The Jay Wilson thing, whatever that CM's name is on the EU side is always causing problems, and our own CMs just love to be clueless.
Edited by Emilei on 9/11/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
09/11/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Lefteous
Pennance can be stopped. Holy shock could not.

Yeah, you're right.
3 ticks over a 2 sec period.
1 instant, 1 per sec for 2 secs.
Good luck on reacting and getting in your counter before that 2nd if not 3rd tick hits you.

I do that on the shaman I've been playing low level with til MoP all the time. I have yet to die to a priest alone and once I had wind shear the priest didn't stand a chance if they dared attempt to dps me and if they did dps me, the other players on their team were killed in the meantime.

If you can't interupt a penance after the first tick it's a pebkac issue.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
09/11/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Emilei
By far, most of our effort is currently on level-90 balance, because that’s what’s important to most players.

The only thing I care about is what I'm playing right now. If you are going to leave players with a broken game for a month, you should make that month free from subscription fees. You're about to charge us all 40$ for an expansion anyways, so you might as well.

Speaking of subscription fees, you guys might want to watch what your "Goons Around The World" are saying. Apparently our subscription fees mostly pay for customer support. If that's the case, feel free to disable Customer Sevice Ticketing on my account and let me get 15$ a month back.

EDIT: You guys need to get a leash on your employees in general. They spew so much bad information and insult so many players, on a global scale even, it is really quite hilarious. The Jay Wilson thing, whatever that CM's name is on the EU side is always causing problems, and our own CMs just love to be clueless.

While it's off topic, this is 100% true.

The CMs are terrible and the idea of community managers instead of devs posting was the most ridiculous thing ever. While some of them are polite and it's nice to deal with some of them in forums such as general discussion or the RP forums etc, they are virtually clueless.

Hell I've seen MANY MANY posts where the CMs troll to no end. Particularly that one with the Z(Zara something). The best part is the discussions on the EU forums about attunements. The players on those forums are for the most part saying bring back attunements but account wide and make heroic raids NOT get the buff. The CMs retort with "well the forums are not a good gauge of what the player base wants" and yet they can't seem to indicate where they get "what the player base wants" other than just imagining in their heads. If not from the forums, where do they get this supposed clairvoyance of what we want?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
No idea what that 39% is about, maybe I should downgrade to LFR gear because in Heroic DS Gear I'm hitting for 50% less.

Also, as I understand it, if its pre-nerf SP coefficient is 92.5% and I'm doing 11k now post-nerf with 11k spell power, that means the SP coefficient has barely changed or not changed at all. Unless the SP coefficients change dramatically as you level up, I seriously doubt it will be hitting the same as it was at 90 pre-nerf as it will at 90 post-nerf. Blues either lie or added in some funky inconsistent design hacks.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Priest
How about healer % to hit? That seems to have vanished.
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Hunter
Shock pallys dont need a nerf, the lvl cap increase and how things will scale come 90 will take care of it.. to be honest this is the time to be testing to just simply see if things actually work, not to worry about balance as it doesnt exist.

An example of absurd balance is last night I hit a rogue with holy shock for 112K this is with all CD's up and Zerker, but hey,, thats game imbalance.

Truth be told Healing is out of wack too, but again I think this like shockadins that will be balanced arround lvl 90 Health pools.

Things that need a nerf if you were to balance this game arround "NOW" would be

Healers ( all )
Shockadins.
Ferals.
Beast Masters.

The rest of the classes are ok at best, and a few spec's are terrible.

That is all.

The rest of the classes are "ok"

Yes, what you just said, is articulate, it is intelligent, and it is logical. There's not a thing wrong with what you just said and god bless you for claiming that right.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If sub-level 90 doesn't matter, they should disable every single BG from the game that is not max level. They should also immediately scale every single low-level dungeon and player in them up to max level (temporarily) so that it is balanced.

Sub-level 90 content does matter, and it does need to be balanced because it exists as part the game. It might not be balanced the week they release an overhaul, but it needs to happen as a priority sooner rather than later.

It's a decent point. I guess most people have resigned to the idea that PvP content in the game came about more as a side effect from the faction story line then from a game play perspective. I think most people assume 85% of blizzards resources have always been on the PvE side and things aren't changing.

Highly competitive driven players (better than most of us will ever be) carved out the niche aspect of PvP. But blizzard isn't catering or rewarding this type of player anymore, they are just applying the PvE equation to PvP issues, because that's the equation they built their empire on.
Edited by Jabberwøck on 9/12/2012 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Hunter
In a recent hotfix to the game, we reduced the base damage and increased the spellpower coefficient of Holy Shock.

We were seeing extremely high base damage at low levels, and made the change in such a way that it only has a moderate impact on characters at or near level 85.

By far, most of our effort is currently on level-90 balance, because that’s what’s important to most players. However, it’s not the only thing that’s important. We’re seeing some Mists of Pandaria changes causing a few balance problems at lower levels, especially in PvP. We’re working on fixing all such imbalances, and this is just the first of many changes. If you’re interested in discussing similar issues, I’ve just started [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6515991780"]a new thread about it them our class balance forum[/url].

Details:
  • At level 10, Holy Shock damage has been reduced by 85%.
  • At level 85, with LFR gear, Holy Shock damage has been reduced by 39%.
  • At level 90, with normal raid gear, Holy Shock damage will be approximately equal.

The healing component of Holy Shock is unchanged.

What you just said, is articulate, it is intelligent, and it is logical. There's not a thing wrong with what you just said and god bless you for claiming that right.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
OP felt OP, such nice feeling isn't it ?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
09/06/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Delita
PvP hasn't been balanced since TBC. And it never will be. They don't know how to, simple as that.

Well, it doesn't help that they overhaul the specs every single expansion, just as they come closer to being balanced, then they have to start all over again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]