"Shockadins" dont need a nerf ( why )

09/02/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Cezar
Ferals

Out of morbid curiosity, what makes you say this?

And no, healers should not be able to instant a full resilience target for 30k+ then follow up with 20k+ 1 second casts, when health pools are in the 140k range.

I have no problem with the healing they do. I have a problem with the damage they can do.
Edited by Baezle on 9/3/2012 10:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Who cares about lower levels? At end game, good players will adjust. They always do.

I just wish I was a good player.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I'm being chased after in bg's by holy paladins...........why? Because in the end, regardless of how well I play, in a 1v1 fight with this "heal" spec he can actually kill me.

I'm all for having fun and enjoying your moment in the sun when your class or spec is OP for a bit, just dont be stupid and think you are actually skilled during these times. The current design of your class or spec is winning the fight, not you.

Sounds like you got outplayed bro.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
If I cant instantly heal myself for 100k, you can't instantly damage me for 100k.

Deal with it!

Exactly. This should have been nerfed already.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
09/04/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Dorkadorka
Blizz integrates yet another new tactic to balance things out and people complain,

I had to read this a few times because I couldn't believe someone actually wrote this tripe. There is no excuse for a healer class to do such absurd damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
rofl who quests as holy? the game has been like this since vanilla and this is your excuse as to why they need the damage buff now? your double heals..offspec ret?? i mean you'll only be ret till level 90 and not like you'd need two holy specs to level.

obviously an oversight by devs and is getting the nerf hammer.

rofl.....

It would seem that you have missed his point. The game has been like this since vanilla, however, In MOP quest rewards are given based on the spec you are in. Quest as Ret you get Ret gear. Quest as Prot you get Prot gear. Quest as Holy and yes you get Holy gear. So if someone really wants to play holy while leveling and once they ding 90, what good will 5 levels worth of quested ret gear do them?

Dont get me wrong. I dont think a healer should be able to wreck a dps, however I dont think a dps should be able to wreck a healer either. A good, geared healer should be damn near impossible for a single dps to kill. Healers should be controlled and trained IMO. But eh ima pve noob so dont matter much.

I dont want to dps as holy, although I admit its crazy fun at the moment and Im sure it will not last.

Just give me enough dps to quest and do dailies without it taking forever and I will be happy.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
inb4 paladins defending there right to be unkillable and do insane damage along with it, just like in wrath when you could have sacred shield up 24/7 and roll people in ret spec. lulz i can do 22k crits as a healer hurr durr im balanced.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I watched a holy pally in BGs Denounce harder than I Lava Burst on my shaman, both of us in 390 cata pvp gear.

The healer..... hit harder with his spammable dps ability, than the DPS hit with his CD dps ability.

The DPS I am most scared of on any toon in BGs right now are:

Holy Pallies
Fire Mages
Ret pallies who have CDs up
Affliction locks who have healers backing them up
Everyone else......

The only dps classes in pvp I truly feel are above and beyond the "OMG WHAT HIT ME" are Holy Paladins and Fire Mages.

When HOLY PALADINS are beating out FIRE MAGES for who does the most OP damage.... then yes.... YES they need a huge nerf. No other healer hits that hard, even a 1/4 of that hard. Why they let paladins do that I'm beyond lost for words.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
And for those saying that "oh its balanced for level 90 damage".... no, its not.

The formula for damage is not going to change, so a holy pally hitting me for 25k now will be hitting me for 50k if his spell power doubles.

The same as if a shaman hits you for 25k he will hit you for 50k when his spell power doubles.

A holy paladin right now does as much or MORE spell damage as a regular caster. They will continue to do the SAME PERCENTAGE BASED damaged compared to casters at 90.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I do not PvP on my paladin so I can't speak to that, but I do have to comment that as a PvE holy paladin I need to be able to quest in holy. If I quest in ret I get ret gear which I have to live with until about a month in when I finally have the rep and justice to buy a faction holy set. There simply is no other way to re-gear without stealing drops. Having done the leveling on the beta, I can say that though our single target is the match of ret at 89, our AoE (which is required in most of Pandaria) is a long way behind. We need shock damage to be what it is to quest even almost as well as anyone else.

Whatever nerfs may or may not come to shock need to be PvP specific.
Edited by Aycil on 9/5/2012 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I do not PvP on my paladin so I can't speak to that, but I do have to comment that as a PvE holy paladin I need to be able to quest in holy. If I quest in ret I get ret gear which I have to live with until about a month in when I finally have the rep and justice to buy a faction holy set. There simply is no other way to re-gear without stealing drops. Having done the leveling on the beta, I can say that though our single target is the match of ret at 89, our AoE (which is required in most of Pandaria) is a long way behind. We need shock damage to be what it is to quest even almost as well as anyone else.

Whatever nerfs may or may not come to shock need to be PvP specific.

You just can't do that, that will create EXTREME imbalances when it comes to raiding when you need to beat enraged timers with a certain raid DPS. You may stop bringing some DPS specs for Disc and or Holy Paladins due to their high output in a healing spec. People would just stack certain healing classes in return sitting ones that bring only strong healing.
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Hunter
You know something is OP when people are flooding the forum's with threads like-

"Now I know this LOOKS op but here's why 1 shotting people is balanced"
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
And for those saying that "oh its balanced for level 90 damage".... no, its not.

The formula for damage is not going to change, so a holy pally hitting me for 25k now will be hitting me for 50k if his spell power doubles.

The same as if a shaman hits you for 25k he will hit you for 50k when his spell power doubles.

A holy paladin right now does as much or MORE spell damage as a regular caster. They will continue to do the SAME PERCENTAGE BASED damaged compared to casters at 90.

Thats strange on beta server my holy shock literally hits for 2000 more then on live... Do you actually have beta access? At 90 holy paladin damage is the least of your worries. Try the globaling warriors, hunters and mages. You cant see warrior and hunter in their full exploding glory yet. The scales changes alot even if you dont want to believe it.

Should holy damage be nerfed at lvl 85, yes. However using false beta information to scare people is not in balance interest, you are just hurt, in your butt =====>
Edited by Grandcoeur on 9/5/2012 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I personally believe that holy shock and denounce should have different coefficients for PvP and PvE. Why? They do too much damage below level 87 in PvP but a lot of people really like the shockadin idea, myself included when it comes to PvE. Perhaps the halve the damage in PvP but give us something like seal of the cleric, and increases holy damage by 200% on NPC's and reduces healing done to yourself by 50%, and decreasing the mana cost of holy shock and denounce by 25%. I really enjoy being a *Shockadin* in dungeons when I'm grouped with undergeared Healers or tanks, I'm able to pitch in and I really feel like a hybrid should be.

I could elaborate more on my ideas but blizzard wouldn't care or listen, Jaded long time paladin here. Also, where was this for frost mages for all of Cata?

TLDR: Nerf it in PvP while not having holy paladins PvE damage affected or buff Ret's PvE dps and AoE so that we can get past this healer dps nonsense. You only see paladins wanting to be shockadins when ret sucks.
Edited by Pennehchacha on 9/5/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]