"Shockadins" dont need a nerf ( why )

100 Human Paladin
aus
35% reduction at 85 my butt.
It's at least a 50% reduction (minimum). Not to mention the tooltip is still wrong.

i am waiting for the next patch to hit beta. Perhaps they pushed through a emergency hotfix and the numbers for 85 and 90 are incorrect.

But as I posted earlier 50% nerf at 85 and 50% nerf at 90.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think the thing that is the biggest issue is the fact that this had been a known issue on the beta. There were countless YouTube videos displaying Paladins one shotting everything. Yet it was left to go live. I do not know if this was a serious lapse on the part of the QA for the expansion or if it was an attempt to test the waters. Would the community accept the Paladins gaining a ranged DPS build?

In the end, I think everyone knew that Holy Shock had to be adjusted; however, the numbers stated do not seem to be matching up with the number showing up in game. Now this could be due to the knee-jerk reaction that was the hot fix, or it could be some other issue that has now broken due to the hot fix.

As someone who has played a Paladin since Vanilla, I have gotten used to changes in my play style. I have come to expect it. So this is par for the course. For those who felt that maybe their dreams had come true, welcome to an expansion universe. Let's just hope the numbers get worked out before MoP launches.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
50% less mp5...check.
30% more damage across the board...check
30% less healing across the board...check
30% less mana across the board...check

ok...who wants to play healer?

In my case I'm averaging about half the healing I normally did in the same gear for about a third as long. How are the rest of you guys doing?

I'm starting to drift away from wanting to play any of my healing toons this coming xpack which was kind of my thing.

You guys going back to dps specks and classes or gonna tough it out?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, as someone who plays tanks a lot, I did find it ironic that two healing classes were out dps'ing dps in the 60-70 dungeons (disco priests) I've been running and in bgs at the upper end (i.e. shockadins).

Bliz has said it is ok for tanks to very low dps while questing since it is demoralizing for tanks to out dps the dps in dungeons. Since patch 5.0.4, I've seen holy pallies out dps'ing folks in bgs (hot fixed now) and disco tearing up dps in dungeons. So glad the made tank questing undesirable so dps doesn't feel demoralized ;)

I really don't understand the efforts they put into balancing things. It seems inconceivable that things would get released this off-kilter.
Edited by Solvaran on 9/6/2012 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
09/06/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Ruhtra
I think the thing that is the biggest issue is the fact that this had been a known issue on the beta. There were countless YouTube videos displaying Paladins one shotting everything. Yet it was left to go live. I do not know if this was a serious lapse on the part of the QA for the expansion or if it was an attempt to test the waters. Would the community accept the Paladins gaining a ranged DPS build?

Timing, their where 4 separate nerfs to holy damage @ 90. Just because their was a 4 month old video of a 90 Paladin tearing it up did not mean they could do that by the time 5.04 came around.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I really wonder about these nerfs. Obviously shockadins were tearing things up in bgs (as are destro locks and spriests, among others). Diso is tearing up the dps charts in leveling dungeons. And tanks will have a unpleasant questing experience (probably holy pallies as well now, I guess). Too bad these things couldn't have been addressed in advance of 5.0.4 so on-the-fly "corrections" didn't need to take place. Sometimes these on-the-fly things feel untested and perhaps not as well thought out as possible.

Ah well. 5.0.4 "balance" and "quality of life" seems all over the place. I'm really surprised that things weren't smoother since we've had an extensive beta with a LOT of testers on. Cata is also long in the tooth, so you'd think Bliz would be better prepared than it appears they were.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
09/06/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Delita
PvP hasn't been balanced since TBC.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
09/06/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Kaivax
most of our effort is currently on level-90 balance, because that’s what’s important to most players.

What the what?

I'm pretty sure what's important to most players is the game they're playing RIGHT NOW.

It's even worse because you've been using this as an excuse for 6 months now to leave 4.3 PvP balance in a terribly crappy place.
Edited by Elephantisha on 9/7/2012 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/06/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Phylanna
i can smell the sweet taste of tears coming soon from other classes

This kid can smell a taste, must be legit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/07/2012 12:33 AMPosted by ßrewmåster
i can smell the sweet taste of tears coming soon from other classes

This kid can smell a taste, must be legit.

if you eat an apple and hold an orange to your nose the apple will taste like an orange.
so yes you can smell a taste.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
35% reduction at 85 my butt.
It's at least a 50% reduction (minimum). Not to mention the tooltip is still wrong.

i am waiting for the next patch to hit beta. Perhaps they pushed through a emergency hotfix and the numbers for 85 and 90 are incorrect.

But as I posted earlier 50% nerf at 85 and 50% nerf at 90.

You didn't actually post anything other than an unverified claim. If you want to post some meaningful data then I'll consider what you have to say. Otherwise, I see no reason why I shouldn't believe the Blue instead of some random poster on the internet.
Edited by Carmy on 9/7/2012 1:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
24 Goblin Shaman
more damage for mages and less healing from druids the druids are frreaking difficult to kill with their healing
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
awesome.. if you want to do massive damage then roll a dps class... its not like you cant still kill someone as holy cause you can pew pew away at their health while still outhealing them.. and im fine with that ... but doing that will take you away from healing other players.. and thats whats supposed to happen.. at no time in this game should i be worried about being BLOWN up by a damn healer lol.. 1on1 me or heal your team.. your choice.. and im fine with that... now jsut fix Disc preist damage and then we can go back to focusing healers for the reason intended.. even though low level healing needs toned a bit as well ..mainly HoTs but i can live with that lol....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
@ Kaivax

THANK YOU. Could you give Ghostcrawler some lessons in how to answer posts? Yours was right to the point, polite, and actually answered the question. There was no deflection, no scolding about question format, and no condescending or snarky remarks to cover up the fact that he simply doesn't want to answer the question.

You should be the one answering forum posts and keep GC locked up somewhere, away from people. His interpersonal skills are horribly lacking. Someday he may realize that not everyone on the forums is 12 years old, and as such, will quit addressing us in that manner.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Ok Hotfixed to kalvax numbers it looks like.

16k @ 85 Holy shock unglyphed 40% less then tooltip. Much better then the 10.5k I was doing yesterday:(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm healing fine, what's the issue?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I was dinking around on the Beta the other day, and after completing a few quests as Ret, I was given the option on three pieces of gear to choose from when I completed a lot of quests, one for Ret, one for Prot, and one for Holy. So it appears I wouldn't have to level as Holy to gear for Holy.

Am I a special snowflake here? Or am I missing something? Do we still HAVE to level as holy and I'm missing something fundamental?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
09/06/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Xaxo
Now, we need to do something about those pesky low level hunters one shoting everyone b4 you can even see them. The rogues too, all of a sudden you're dead.

B O A gear. not regular hunters with regular gear
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ok Hotfixed to kalvax numbers it looks like.

16k @ 85 Holy shock unglyphed 40% less then tooltip. Much better then the 10.5k I was doing yesterday:(

That's great news if this is the case. Whith Glyph we would be close to our pre hotfix damage
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Is there somewhere we can see a list of the hotfixes? This one got a post, but how about the others?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]