"Shockadins" dont need a nerf ( why )

87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thats a good idea . as is a ret paly speced with Selfless healer and Double Jeopardy is unkillable unless you have a ton better gear or another ret paly lol wars need help .. i just lol at them unless they are a tank and even then it a meh fight. o and P.S. Holy shock tool tip is still broken . mine says at lvl 79 it should hit for 11.6k but im lucky for a 6k crit
Edited by Shinigamí on 9/7/2012 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
basically, if you are going to give dps classes self heals, as a "quality of life" buff in pve, then you should increase healer damage output to "balance" it.
Reply Quote
God i <3 you Supertom ! Seems like no one wants to open their eyes they just want to !@#$% untill they are OP
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
How about you hotfix all the errors people have been getting instead of ignoring them!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I find the notion that "it will balance out at 90" ridiculous.

Why would it? The damage it deals will only go up.

If at 85 people have 140k, and it deals 40-65k, do you think the damage will just inexplicably go down at 90? If we're rocking 350k, if scaling continues as it obviously has been throughout levels 20-80, I predict Holy Shock will begin dealing 80-90k per crit.
Reply Quote
You are not getting it , we said yes it needed nerfing but not 90% at lvl 79 it crits for 6kish .. thats a joke when i have over 120k hp ...
Edited by Shinigamí on 9/7/2012 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You have 120k health at level 79?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So I was dinking around on the Beta the other day, and after completing a few quests as Ret, I was given the option on three pieces of gear to choose from when I completed a lot of quests, one for Ret, one for Prot, and one for Holy. So it appears I wouldn't have to level as Holy to gear for Holy.

Am I a special snowflake here? Or am I missing something? Do we still HAVE to level as holy and I'm missing something fundamental?

Then that completely refutes what that one pally keeps spouting as to why he/she MUST quest as holy. If you get pally options(3 gear choices) then you do not need to be doing any great damage. The only spec I can see that actually could be seen to need to do decent damage and only from 1 spell is disc(smite).

So yeah quest as ret, dungeon as holy. All is well.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5912162369

This mechanic is the one to which I am referencing.
Reply Quote
yup. cata blue's + enchants ftw
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
... At 79.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
09/06/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Kaivax
The healing component of Holy Shock is unchanged.

That makes me lol more than anything.
Reply Quote
i know right ! lets let holy shock crit heal at 79 for 40k but make it so it hurts for 3k norm 6k crit
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Based on Bliz's previous response to tank's doing too much damage in 5m, tanks got hit hard by the nerf bat for soloing. Now, I assume, holy pallies will experience poor questing damage as well. And, sooner than later, I assume disc priest will be smacked around as well (not sure how healing druids/shammies are for soloing).

So, I can only assume Bliz's position will be "go dps' for questing if you don't like doing exceedingly poor damage when questing as tanks/heals. If you want tank/heals quest gear, change specs before turning in quests. Failing that, buy crafted tank/healing gear off the AH or rep gear (after you've obtained rep via dailies as dps). So, as a tank, I assume I won't be tanking at all until I hit 90 (since I probably will only have dps gear until then).

So much for simplifying quest choices (respecing to get what you want isn't simple, it is tedious, and arguably, a really poor design).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
it will be interesting to see what lvl 90 shockadin is like with that added damage spell that should hit as hard if not harder than HS (before anyone complains ret paladins will also get this talent).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Then that completely refutes what that one pally keeps spouting as to why he/she MUST quest as holy. If you get pally options(3 gear choices) then you do not need to be doing any great damage. The only spec I can see that actually could be seen to need to do decent damage and only from 1 spell is disc(smite).

So yeah quest as ret, dungeon as holy. All is well.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5912162369

This mechanic is the one to which I am referencing.

And I tell you my brothers, that we will no longer stand for it. We must rise up and throw off our chains. No longer will we be forced to quest as dps, we demand that our chosen specs be questing viable. And if they will not listen to our demands we will institute a healer/tank embargo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
one thing, and i don't know if it was mentioned before because reading all these posts is a bit much for me, but to make shockadins balanced you could for example add a higher cd timer when its used offensively, or make the mana cost of it higher when used offensively, or even add a stacking debuff that makes it do less damage if used to often or if you do it multiple times to the same person. even as a paladin player myself i felt it was a bit much to be able to kill people. with 15k crits at lvl 70.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Disc priest definitely needs to be reviewed and adjusted appropriately, just as the Holy pallies have been.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521292132

Quote:

People underestimate the powers of a Disc Priest that's left alone. I run around and 1 shot other players like there's no tomorrow with Penance.

Also putting SW:P on everything within range is a smooth tactic.

PW:S makes me immortal.

I like BG's on my priest :o

Also see this thread for more information about the Disc Priest:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489930813

09/05/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Chigra
Enjoy your hopefully brief period as WoW's superhero class for another few days or week. After holy pallies were correctly fixed today, your Penance and your ridiculously OP PWS will be next. No healer should be able to do more dps than a pure dps class like a rogue, hunter or mage. It's only a matter of time.

Disc priests were in severe need of adjustment (nerfing) in Cataclysm and even more so now. It is not so much their damage that I am talking about, its the mitigation and healing. When it takes 5+ people beating on a disc priest for more than 4 minutes and the priest still not dying, there is a problem and it is not L2P its called OP and nerf required.

Though I do admit, we (6 people, 4 of which were full cata geared pvp and the other 2 partials ruthless/cata) finally killed a disc priest after chasing and beating on it in Alterac Valley from Icewing Bunker all the way to Iceblood Tower. He was alone with no peels or dps to help him and he was simply LOL'ng (in emotes) all the way thru field of strife till finally, he died at IBT, only because he ran out of mana.

I am considering making a priest (disc) just so I can be un-killable in BG's too.
Edited by Crimsonbélle on 9/7/2012 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey Blizzard .. do you not have people with nothing better to do just sitting around and play WoW all the time just to let you know whats broken / OP / and or needs help ? Come on this game is how old and you still have tons of things wrong with it. and here soon you will have to fight with Elder Scrolls online ..... not looking too god for you atm
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
lol Elder scrolls online, if its anything like their other games, its going to be a joke.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]