"Shockadins" dont need a nerf ( why )

87 Blood Elf Death Knight
id agree with you Slice but from what i have seen its less of a joke than WoW is atm
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I am very unhappy with this change at 85 and above in regards to Holy Shock. Leveling as a holy paladin will be a much bigger pain. Why did the damage need to be nerfed at 85-89?

My denounce is hitting harder then my unglyphed Holy Shock now, in heroic raid gear. Holy will be pigeonholed into taking subpar gear "upgrades" from quest vendors to heal MoP dungeons, while every other healing class, (besides monks) can easily switch to a spec that still uses spellpower gear and deal very decent dps.
Reply Quote
ya i know its sad. Blizzard are just full of haters . i say shock needs to be back up to at least 50% of what it was so if you glyph it , it will be more fun . i just wana be caster dps as a paly
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I am very unhappy with this change at 85 and above in regards to Holy Shock. Leveling as a holy paladin will be a much bigger pain. Why did the damage need to be nerfed at 85-89?

My denounce is hitting harder then my unglyphed Holy Shock now, in heroic raid gear. Holy will be pigeonholed into taking subpar gear "upgrades" from quest vendors to heal MoP dungeons, while every other healing class, (besides monks) can easily switch to a spec that still uses spellpower gear and deal very decent dps.

You can heal the first few dungeons if not all of them up to heroics in heroic DS gear. So no.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
What did you all quest as before this bet it wasn't holy? I see no reason why a healer should do equal damage or even close to the amount a dps can same goes with heals for hybrids.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
What did you all quest as before this bet it wasn't holy? I see no reason why a healer should do equal damage or even close to the amount a dps can same goes with heals for hybrids.

People aren't bringing this up because questing as tank/heals before was such a great experience.

You can heal the first few dungeons if not all of them up to heroics in heroic DS gear. So no.

Is there any info confirming this or is it stuff you are pulling out of your rear end? Given how dungeons have ilvl locks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

You can dps level 85 heroics in level 70 quest greens too.
Reply Quote
So why hasnt a blizzard employ got on this thread and backed themselfs up ? or do they know they are in the wrong and just tring to find a way out of it ?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I love how people are pretending that leveling as a healer will now be difficult for holy paladins.

It won't. It is still be dead easy. Solo questing will be slightly slower than on a ret, who will in turn be slightly slower than a prot. But none of them are in any way challenging.

On the other hand, you will be able to queue much faster than a ret, so questing via dungeons will be faster. And in pvp healers will remain the most important specs, where tanks will remain least viable.

So holy will be the worst at solo questing (but by no means poor at it), in the middle for dungeons, and best for pvp. That's pretty balanced.

Holy shock was stupid OP at all levels, so it got a nerf. Crying about it shows that you care nothing for balance. You want to able to heal like a healer and dps like a dpser.
Edited by Carmy on 9/8/2012 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

You can dps level 85 heroics in level 70 quest greens too.

I wore Heroic ICC 25 gear up through til 84 ish to include Heroic RS gear and still did more damage than people replacing their gear along the way.

Also to the ilvl comment for the MoP locks, the ilvl for the first dungeon's req is already out. It's 358. The only dungeons that might be locked to players who don't swap out gear along the way are the last level of them which omg guess what you should have been able to gear holy from the other 3-4 dungeons prior.

Also, a lot of the quest rewards for the first zone? 372 ilvl greens... yeah.
Reply Quote
i guess you people are still on the slow side when tring to defend why holy should only be heals and why is needs a nerf . so far EVERYONE said yes it needed to be nerfed BUT not to the point to where it is now . and NO holy is still a !@#$% to solo quest as where in ret you should be killing faster than tank or holy if not you dont know how to play the spec right. what needs to happen is palys need 4 trees like the dru because only 1 spec needs int spirit gear .. some people like myself dont want to heal ungratfull pos players . some like myself would rather be a caster dps paly. it can be made . blizzard is just to lazy atm. i have a ton of ways to make the change and it would be more fun and even for caster palys . and befor all you other casters start bla bla blaing yes you should do more dps than a dps caster paly .. aka Glass Cannon. but a holy dps paly should be less dps and have a little better survibility due to plate. make it so as holy dps your shocks and heals are a lot lower healing than holy but you denounce and shocks hurt more . nerf denounce debuff so it would be more fair to other player/classes . for more help Blizzard come talk to me in game. if things are not more fun by the time Elder Scrolls online comes out i foresee the loss of a lot of players.
Edited by Shinigamí on 9/8/2012 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
from a HOLY paladin i just got crit for 40k by a holy shock

working as intended right?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
lol Elder scrolls online, if its anything like their other games, its going to be made of pure awesome

Fixed. Unfortunately I don't think the quailty of their single player games is going to translate well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/07/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Kirimari

I've been questing holy since 2006. More damage to level was a very welcome addition this patch, especially going into the expansion. If you were getting out dpsed by a holy paladin then you have more to worry about than holy shock.

btw, paladins, shaman, druids and priests are all hybrid classes
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
In a recent hotfix to the game, we reduced the base damage and increased the spellpower coefficient of Holy Shock.

We were seeing extremely high base damage at low levels, and made the change in such a way that it only has a moderate impact on characters at or near level 85.

By far, most of our effort is currently on level-90 balance, because that’s what’s important to most players. However, it’s not the only thing that’s important. We’re seeing some Mists of Pandaria changes causing a few balance problems at lower levels, especially in PvP. We’re working on fixing all such imbalances, and this is just the first of many changes. If you’re interested in discussing similar issues, I’ve just started [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6515991780"]a new thread about it them our class balance forum[/url].

Details:
  • At level 10, Holy Shock damage has been reduced by 85%.
  • At level 85, with LFR gear, Holy Shock damage has been reduced by 39%.
  • At level 90, with normal raid gear, Holy Shock damage will be approximately equal.

The healing component of Holy Shock is unchanged.

Good now that you've dropped my dps to the ground could you direct me to the dps partner or pet I can bring for questing? Considering the new quest model I would like very much to know why my damage was gutted from a low level pvp complaint?

Stupid your a healer... wanna dps go ret. Here let me whine about how I'm gonna keep my group up locks don't heal the raid good enough.
Edited by Stijin on 9/10/2012 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Meh even after the nerf still owning in the low brackets as a shockadin - especially once we get flash of light....hahaha stupid OP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Yay all the classes exept DKs are getting nerfed :D
Reply Quote
89 Troll Mage
Things that need a nerf if you were to balance this game arround "NOW" would be

Healers ( all )
Shockadins.
Ferals.
Beast Masters.

Nice mages in the clear

ya thats cause we mages dont run around spaming 1 spell an 1 shotting like them rogues an shockadins
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]