Pureblood Firehwak Mount

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
I won the mount Saturday, and I thought I was very lucky and was very happy to get the mount. Come Monday, I hear that there is a bug making it 100% drop on Normal Rag, and they said they was gonna be deleting the mount. Sadly I have come to terms with that, but I have also been hearing that they are gonna suspend/ban those who won it during the bugged period. I know to take internet rumors like a grain of salt, but this has got me perplexed.

Will I be suspended/banned for winning a mount I had no idea was bugged? I know it probably won't happen, I would love a blue to chime in on this.
Edited by Ravenhawke on 9/3/2012 5:38 PM PDT
36 Blood Elf Hunter
It's not a bug. It's actually been linked on the item that it is guaranteed drop now.

Smoldering Egg of Millagazor

See? Drop chance is now guaranteed. It seems intentional.
Edited by Alethìa on 9/3/2012 5:40 PM PDT
It's supposed to be a drop everytime now. There's no bug, and they're not taking it away from anyone. Don't let the crybabies scare you into thinking you didn't really "earn" it.

and GRATS!

:)
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks for trying to sooth my nerves. I'd feel much better if a blue would at least confirm or deny. I love to get an official response, but I know my chances of that happening.
09/03/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Ravenhawke
I'd feel much better if a blue would at least confirm or deny

They probably won't here.. There's been QQ and tears flowing from the Bug Report forum over this for days and I'd imagine there's not a Blizzard rep around that wants to touch this with a stolen pole. If there is any comment, it will probalby be brief and from someone pretty high up the ladder.
Edited by Relaxed on 9/3/2012 5:53 PM PDT
09/03/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Ravenhawke
Thanks for trying to sooth my nerves. I'd feel much better if a blue would at least confirm or deny. I love to get an official response, but I know my chances of that happening.

My understanding is that it is a guaranteed drop, i wouldn't bet my house on it.

Unfortunately a blue response is not guaranteed in this or any forum.
Edited by Isheepyou on 9/3/2012 5:55 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/03/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Relaxed
I'd feel much better if a blue would at least confirm or deny

They probably won't here.. There's been QQ and tears flowing from the Bug Report forum over this for days and I'd imagine there's not a Blizzard rep around that wants to touch this with a stolen pole. If there is any comment, it will probalby be brief and from someone pretty high up the ladder.

Yeah, I know you're right. If it happens, it happens.
90 Human Warrior
This did not appear to be a bug at first, but with all of the QQ about earning the mount from other players they suspended it. Total trash if you ask me. If they want to help people get mounts then great. the people who it should piss off are the guilds that sell the mount for 300k. but thats thier bad, and it does not give them a right to complain? because they are breaking the game anyway. I have not seen that much intrest in firelands since just before the HoT patch. Who says its a bad thing? How many groups do you think went in there and were like "OMG NEW MECHANICS, WHAT DO WE DO". Like it or not there are people out there Who stared playing in HoT. For them this was a brand new encounter, why take that away from them? -David
Edited by Vrakthris on 9/3/2012 6:47 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
09/03/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Teufelhunden
This did not appear to be a bug at first, but with all of the QQ about earning the mount from other players they suspended it.

O.o No, it was fixed because the drop rate was never intended.

Any feedback you wish to provide regarding the drop rate should be made where our Developers and Community Management can review it. Either the Dungeons and Raids or General Discussion forum would be best.

09/03/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Teufelhunden
For them this was a brand new encounter, why take that away from them?

I'm not entirely certain how fixing an unintended drop rate for a single item takes the encounter away from anyone.

09/03/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Isheepyou
My understanding is that it is a guaranteed drop

That is currently for heroic version.

09/03/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Ravenhawke
Will I be suspended/banned for winning a mount I had no idea was bugged? I know it probably won't happen, I would love a blue to chime in on this.

I can't say for certain but as I understand it, obtaining the mount required no exploitation. The drop rate should be fixed now. Additional actions would seem unlikely.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]