Below you will find the known issues list for our 5.4.0 patch. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list.
Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy World of Warcraft.
For reference, the 5.4.0 Patch Notes can be found here. Thanks guys!
- Resolutions in WoW are higher than natively listed.
Workaround: Use the Terminal workaround listed in Tiapriestess's thread.
- The client may crash when attempting to record a movie.
- [NVIDIA 6xx, 64-bit] Movie Recordings are corrupt when recording at the highest available Resolution.
- Opening multiple WoW clients through Battle.net Desktop Application can cause WoW to assert.
- The recommended graphics settings are set too high on the ATI 4670.
- [Razer] Razer Synapse is causing no sound to play in the WoW client.
Workaround: Please read this thread for more information.
- [ATI/AMD] Projected Textures are appearing above the geometry they are placed on.
- [Intel HD 3000] Footsteps can display incorrectly on some graphics cards.
Misc Mac Known Issues (ongoing)
- GeForce 9400 + USB Headset Performance Issues
For those who don't remember this issue, USB headset on Macs with a GeForce 9400 can cause performance issues.
If you are using a GeForce 9400 and a USB headset, basically combining the 2 will result into a drastic drop in performance in all OpenGL applications. This is a hardware bug with Mac OS X. Non-USB headsets are fine.
- MacBook Pro owners with a GeForce 9400M and 9600M GT, please make sure that you are using the GeForce 9600M GT.
- Non-Macbook Pros can unplug the USB headset to restore any post performance due to the hardware bug.