(Sticky)

85 Goblin Mage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PLEASE DELETE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Thread found at:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13977887788
Edited by Veigar on 8/22/2014 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Liked! Thanks man, we've needed one of these for awhile.

Aside from polish-up formatting (it's a bit harsh on the eyes in some places) it's pretty good. My list of improvement suggestions:

-Add BalancePowerTracker to the list of helpful addons. I can't play Balance without it, the default Blizzard bar is terrible. Predictive energy works great.

-Add the trap-eater/reverse life-grip macro I've been using in War Games:
#showtooltip Wild Charge
/cancelform
/cast [@HEALERNAME,nostance,nodead] Wild Charge

It'll cancel whatever form you're in and cast Wild Charge on your healer, provided your target is alive and you're in caster form. I know putting /cancelform and the nostance condition in a macro is a little redundant, but button-mashing happens and it's not cool to waste CDs, even 15 second ones. Optionally you can replace "@HEALERNAME" with "help" to turn it into a mash-button intercept on whichever party member you have targeted.

-Remove the Skull Bash macro, we don't have the ability anymore.

-Add the Vortex/SBeam macro:
#showtooltip Solar Beam
/stopcasting
/cast Solar Beam
/cast Ursol's Vortex

Pressing the macro once will cast Solar Beam and bring up the target-circle for Vortex. Just press and click (on the ground around your beam) back-to-back and you have a near-instant silence combo. The macro doesn't seem to work if you cast Vortex first and SBeam second, nor can they be put in a cast-sequence.

That's it for right now, I'll add more when I think of them. Polish up the formatting, add item/spell links, make a few changes and I'd definitely request it for sticky status.

Thanks again hombre.
Edited by Bootsy on 9/5/2012 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Spells affected by Eclipse-

Lunar: Starfire, Moonfire and Starfall.

Solar: Wrath, Sunfire

Don't forget Wild Mushrooms under Solar!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Good guide. Wouldn't it be a little more appropriate to post on a druid though ?:P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Under Tips n Tricks you should include the fact that you can use Wild Charge on your Mushrooms. I've used this a few times today after I figured it out. Me and a Priest friend went into a few BGs, and while defending flags we set up some craaaazy positioning changes.

Example:
DK grips you to him, you Wild Charge back to your Mushroom. Warrior charges you and your Priest grips you away from your Mushroom and the Warrior, you explode your Mushroom(s) and Typhoon the Warrior and DK.

There are so many other scenarios I could think of, this spell is ridiculous!

Edit: Also, hit cap is 6% now (not 4%) for spells in PvP.
Edited by Bootsy on 9/5/2012 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Wild charge is crazy! Remember you can use it in any form but flight...not that you can fly in BGs but a reindeer leep is awesome after you've been death griped xD I have to try the mushroom trick!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This is my Druid btw! Not sure why I did the OP on my mage.. -derp-

Aside from polish-up formatting (it's a bit harsh on the eyes in some places) it's pretty good. My list of

Not sure what to do for that, ^^; fix up the spacing a bit maybe? Adding your other suggestions now!

Don't forget Wild Mushrooms under Solar!

On beta (There was a blue post too.. can't seem to find it *Grumbles* they stated Solar would NOT affect shrooms. I know it happened in beta, if it didn't make it to live (i didn't test it) i'll add it! :D

Under Tips n Tricks you should include the fact that you can use Wild Charge on your Mushrooms

You = Epic. Adding. Also fixing the hit %.
Edited by Nagoto on 9/7/2012 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for posting this. I'm finding that I can get a root-beam silence-vortex off much faster with that macro.

I had no idea we could Wild Charge our mushrooms! I think this explains what I saw in WSG yesterday. I was in a fight against a fellow Troll Moonkin on top of the Horde base. I swear that he jumped off and flew right back up in mid air, baiting me to jump down with him still up top! I think he may have Wild Charged a mushroom, but at the time I had no idea what just happened and was lost for words. I know he didn't bound backwards, because he was in caster form when it happened.

Well played, on his part. Well played. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Nice post! More awesome stickies. Thank you for posting

The Damage gain from PvP power is active all the time. The healing benefit from it is whats only active in BGs and arenas.

Theres an awesome post on ArenaJunkies about it. Right on the front page.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
The Damage gain from PvP power is active all the time. The healing benefit from it is whats only active in BGs and arenas.

Ack! I wasn't aware. Thank you for the information. Updating now. I honestly have been dwelling on skill-capped more often then AJ as of late (The druid community on AJ sort of died mid Cata.. :( ) I'll start creeping there as well once again though =) Glad you liked the post!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/06/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Nagoto
On beta (There was a blue post too.. can't seem to find it *Grumbles* they stated Solar would NOT affect shrooms. I know it happened in beta, if it didn't make it to live (i didn't test it) i'll add it! :D

They still benefit from Solar Eclipse, as people said "That was dumb and confusing."

Then they nerfed the damage by 200%.

Mushrooms should never be used unless your AOE'ing a flag, kiting, or WC to it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
mushrooms = effect, not damage
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/06/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Nagoto
Aside from polish-up formatting (it's a bit harsh on the eyes in some places) it's pretty good. My list of

Not sure what to do for that, ^^; fix up the spacing a bit maybe? Adding your other suggestions now!

Take a look at Eluial's PvE guide stickied at the top, or any of the other guides for that matter. They're clearly outlined with headings either in bold or underlined and important notes in bold or italics. Lists have headings and any items in said list (Glyphs, trinkets, etc) are links that give you a tooltip when moused over.

T4. Soul of the Forest Incarnation: Chosen of Elune Force of Nature
Our damage tier, Soul of the Forest is a set and forget passive that will help get you back into eclipse faster. This is a very good talent overall. Incarnation: Chosen of Elune is interesting, we get TWO dps cool-downs both of which have 3 minuet cool downs. My first instinct was to slap them both together along with my on-use trinket I a macro. This is BAD! Incarnation: Chosen of Elune and Celestial Alignment should not be used together unless you’re 100% sure it will grant you a kill. This is because Incarnation: Chosen of Elune lasts 30 seconds and only increases your damage while in eclipse. Celestial Alignment lasts only 15 seconds and after its effect wears doesn’t consider you in eclipse. This means you have to choose; 30 full seconds of yummy Incarnation: Chosen of Elune increased DoT spreading goodness- or 15seconds of extremely powerful damage by using them together. I feel you should keep them separate. Force of Nature got an overhaul as well, they do different things depending on your spec. For balance they cast wraths at the target and can cast roots. I personally feel they aren’t an attractive choice even though they do decent damage; we don’t need another form of root since they will share diminishing returns. I can say they are useful for eating traps but Wild Charge takes care of that.

Walls of text like this should be summarized to make them a few sentences long or, barring that, at least put into separate paragraphs to make them easier to read. I can honestly say that the only reason I read through your entire guide is because I'm an extremely serious Balance PvPer. The casual boomkin, for instance, who wanted to learn more about how to PvP would take a look at your talent summary and just make a post asking for a TLDR.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
The extension on the word limit for posts doesn't mean we get away with being sloppy in our formatting or overly wordy in places. It still sometimes helps to break the post up into various sub-posts for the purpose of using that as a format technique. It also helps to use bolding, underlines, etc.

You can also just put lines between sections to visually break up sections of the posts.

Forum guides tend to overall provide less detail than things you may read other places just because of the limitations on format and readability overall.

Look at the difference between how you handled talents versus this type of formatting in my leveling guide:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937119#2
Edited by Lissanna on 9/7/2012 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
im forced to question how low on the totem pole crit actually is. especially with the change to shooting stars
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Cool guide! Will definitely read it more in-depth if I ever actually start to PvP again.

As for formatting/other issues: I would recommend making a new post and reserving a post for each sub-topic(and maybe cleaning up the sub-topic list), and then linking to them in the table of contents. And if you re-do it you can post it on your druid.

Edit: I would also question about how unimportant you have crit being, with higher crit levels and at least 5-6 DoTs running you pretty much have constant uptime on SS.
Edited by Tagartou on 9/7/2012 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Edit: Looks like it is.
Edited by Teranin on 9/7/2012 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Ack! I wasn't aware. Thank you for the information. Updating now. I honestly have been dwelling on skill-capped more often then AJ as of late (The druid community on AJ sort of died mid Cata.. :( ) I'll start creeping there as well once again though =) Glad you liked the post!

As of late AJ has been kinda... dead. So I dont blame you one bit! But that post on PvP power/resil is a gem and im glad you found it useful.

Even though I dont play Boomkin, again thank you for your time with this!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Even though I dont play Boomkin, again thank you for your time with this!

More than welcome =) I'll work on the format this weekend. Not enough time at work today to do it all at once.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
1. Talents & Glyphs - 5.0

With patch 5.0 we got an over-hauled talent system. The goal from Blizzard is to make these talents CHOICES. Honestly it depends on the comp you’re running as well as personal preference. There is no end all answer. These are just MY opinions.

T1. Feline Swiftness - Displacer Beast - Wild Charge
This tier is not really a choice.

Feline Swiftness: The passive speed increase just isn't THAT needed, between boot enchant as well as travel form.

Displacer Beast: Displacer Beast has a lot of flaws, many of which were inherited from the old rogue vanish. If you have any DoTs on you, the stealth will break instantly. Also it cannot be used if you have Faerie Fire on you.

Wild Charge: Wild Charge is the pick without a doubt. It allows you to do different things depending on your form. In Moonkin it lets you do a leap backwards like Disengage. In Travel Form it allows you to leap forward. Caster form is where this ability really shines. It acts like a reverse Leap of Faith gripping you to an ally. This will allow you to eat traps for your partner. This is HUGE in avoiding CC, knowing when to use Wild Charge for kiting, and when to eat CC will mean the difference between a good moonkin and a GREAT one.

My pick: Wild Charge.

T2. Nature's Swiftness - Renewal - Cenarion Ward
This tier is a bit of a harder choice.

Nature's Swiftness: Nature's Swiftness is in my option the main pick out of these three. For a few reasons, first it’s versatile and can be used offensively AND defensively. You can Nature's Swiftness Root or Clone a target. In addition you can use it coupled with Healing Touch for a strong heal. It also has a shorter CD compared to Renewal.

Renewal: Renewal looks like a decent choice at first but compared to the other two options I don’t think it will be taken often.

Cenarion Ward: Cenarion Ward offers a safe-guard for hard switches. If a melee cleave is tunneling you, toss it on your healer. They swap to him with a Stun and he will have a powerful HoT on him. It’s a good support talent.

My pick: Nature's Swiftness.

T3. Faerie Swarm - Mass Entanglement - Typhoon
This tier is 100% not a choice for ME.

Faerie Swarm: Faerie Swarm can be useful for kiting, but honestly between roots, cyclone, our overall mobility from shape shifting, travel form, wild charge and Shrooms I don’t feel it’s needed.

Mass Entanglement: Mass Entanglement I can see being VERY attractive in RBGs. Mass Entanglement > Solar Beam their healers. In 3s, especially while spread DoTing the roots won’t be as useful in my opinion.

Typhoon: I will always pick Typhoon. Nothing is better than clipping a healer running back behind his box on sewers and seeing him fly off the edge going “WHAT THE FRICK JUST HAPPENED!?” as we kill their dps. It also got a nice graphic over-haul. You can use it as a ghetto interrupt, knocking someone back mid cast. On sewers and Blade Edge arena you can knock people off the edge, splitting them.

My pick: Typhoon

T4. Soul of the Forest - Incarnation: Chosen of Elune - Force of Nature
Our damage tier.

Soul of the Forest: Soul of the Forest is a set and forget passive that will help get you back into eclipse faster. This is a very good talent overall.

Incarnation: Incarnation: Chosen of Elune is interesting, we get TWO dps cool-downs both of which have 3 minute cool downs.

Force of Nature: Force of Nature got an overhaul as well, they do different things depending on your spec. For balance they cast wraths at the target and can cast roots. I personally feel they aren’t an attractive choice even though they do decent damage; we don’t need another form of root since they will share diminishing returns. I can say they are useful for eating traps but Wild Charge takes care of that.

Extra notes for this tier:
My first instinct was to slap Celestial Alignment and Incarnation together along with my on-use trinket I a macro. This is BAD! Incarnation: Chosen of Elune and Celestial Alignment should not be used together unless you’re 100% sure it will grant you a kill. This is because Incarnation: Chosen of Elune lasts 30 seconds and only increases your damage while in eclipse. Celestial Alignment lasts only 15 seconds and after its effect wears doesn’t consider you in eclipse. This means you have to choose; 30 full seconds of yummy Incarnation: Chosen of Elune increased DoT spreading goodness- or 15seconds of extremely powerful damage by using them together. I feel you should keep them separate.

My pick: (?!!)

T5. Disorienting Roar - Ursol's Vortex - Mighty Bash
This tier is fantastic in all regards, and will honestly come down to what comp you’re running. Try to make a choice that doesn’t share DR with one of your partners. Each have their uses.

Disorienting Roar: Disorienting Roar can be fantastic to quickly get DPS off you or your healer. If a rogue smoke bombs you, simply trinket > Disorienting Roar and walk out. The down-side is that the effect will break on damage. So if you have the target DoT’ed already it won’t be much use.

Ursol's Vortex: Ursol's Vortex is one of my FAVORITE new ability’s out of this expansion. It works like this, you place down a circle of wind and it slows everyone inside. The first time they walk out of it, they are gripped back in. You can do some fantastic things with this ability, I could honestly write a few pages on it but I’ll keep it short. You can use it to keep someone in solar beam. Keep them stuck out of Line of Sight (LoS) of their partner and even for kiting. It has extreme synergy with a lot of other classes. It can keep a target in a Smoke Bomb. Place is on your Death Knight and let him Death Grip a target. The list goes on and on.

Mighty Bash: Mighty Bash is our Bear form > Bash in one button, on a 50 second CD. Nice, but not my favorite due to having to be in melee range!

My pick: Ursol's Vortex

T6. Heart of the Wild - Dream of Cenarius - Nature's Vigil

Heart of the Wild: Heart of the Wild would be a game breaking talent- IF it was not on a 6 minuet cooldown. It would allow you to be a ghetto healer for 45 seconds.

Dream of Cenarius: Dream of Cenarius gives you a passive when you hard cast damage that increases your Rejuvenation or Healing Touch by 30%. This stacks with Nature\'s Swiftness healing bonus, and a damage increase to MF/SF after hard-casting HT. Another set and forget passive.

Nature's Vigil: It’s a straight damage increase for us on a three minuet cool-down which lines up nicely with our other cool-downs. Overall all I’m not a huge fan of this Tier, Heart is way too long of a CD, Dream is clunky at best to get extra damage through it, leaving Vigil in my opinion as the most logical choice.

My pick: Nature's Vigil
Edited by Teranin on 9/7/2012 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]